How Progressives Talk about Abortion (?)
by turnerbroadcasting, Fri Feb 03, 2006 at 05:07:23 PM EST
I took this from a website and I am interested in your thoughts.
1. Resolve never to be afraid to ask for help when you need help.
2. Resolve never to be a customer at an abortion clinic.
3. Memorize the following words, and live by them, starting today:
* Female sexuality is one of the most powerful forces in this world (the only one God uses to create life).
* It is a privilege that a man must earn by promising his life to her.
* THERE IS NOT ONE WOMAN IN THIS WORLD WHO DESERVES ANYTHING LESS THAN EVERYTHING A MAN HAS TO GIVE.
* She has lost something if she does not demand a commitment first.
* The measure of a man is how much he willingly gives of himself. (Our troops are an example of that.) A good man pays this price willingly, by putting a ring on her finger first--whether she demands it or not.
* Every day is a new opportunity to live up to this ideal.
4. Display the symbol, most importantly on your person. Other suggestions include on your car, from a flag flying in front of your home, a sign posted on your lawn, t-shirts, etc.
5. Spread the word! Tell your friends and other people you know about the movement and tell them about the website.
6. Familiarize yourself with local resources so you will know who to talk to in case someone who is in need approaches you. Your role is one of emotional support for your friends and a conduit to those resources. Please make sure that you involve older adults and professionals as soon as possible. It is not wise to handle a situation like this without their involvement. I say this as a former teenager who tried to handle an unplanned pregnancy among other teenagers and blew it.
7. Resolve never to be afraid to ask for help when you need help. (For example, if number 3 doesn�t work out exactly perfectly, and you find yourself pregnant. We know this is a repeat, but it is one worth repeating.)
8. Do not judge.