The Orwellians - putting a face on the GOP
by srolle, Tue Nov 16, 2004 at 12:56:18 PM EST
For the future, we should label the repubs as Orwellians. We could turn their favorite slogan around....call them "soft on liberty", or Orwellians, or government intrusionists. I think a bunch of policy decisions have created a theme, let me list them briefly...
- Alberto Gonzales nomination - let's smear him. Look at Dailykos, but instead of just reading it, tell your friends.
- FDA radio bugs on Viagra. My god this is scary. What's next? radio scanners on cars, people, books?
- Patriot Act - parts of it are particularly bad. I like bringing those "crazy librarians" out to be the face of any anti-Patriot Act campaign.
- No pictures of caskets - I know some in the public remember it....
- Iraq - Invading countries that we don't like and then rebuilding them as they attack us - this will become a bigger issue, the longer we stay. We need to continue spinning this war as a misadventure, that makes us less safe (which i realize is the current argument against)
- Racial Profiling - maybe wont appeal as much to white voters, but this is an important issue, and it will help us with minority voters.
Tags: (all tags)