Help Us Drive A Stake Into The Ohio GOP
by Pounder, Wed Sep 21, 2005 at 05:50:31 PM EDT
So you think you are an activist huh ? Well we need your help in Ohio once again.
The biggest election in 2005 is in Ohio: The Reform Ohio Now campaign, issues 2, 3, 4, and 5. This is our chance to drive a stake into the heart of the Ohio GOP, but time is running out.
How can you help ?
First, we only have about 8 weeks left, so please recommend this so as many people as possible can get a chance to stick it to the Ohio GOP - They deserve it !
Action steps in the extended.
Dear Rev. Johnson,
You recently began mobilizing the Ohio Restoration Project's "Patriot Pastors" to stop Reform Ohio Now's good-government amendments.
I respect your right to religious expression, but I ask you to take a look at the dishonesty and corruption that have become hallmarks of our state government. 3 out of 4 Ohio voters think we're going in the wrong direction. Is this a time to protect the status quo?
RON's amendments would put the people back into the process by making politicians more accountable to voters. These reforms don't favor one party over another; they simply ensure that neither party can rewrite the rules to stay in power.
I urge you to reconsider your stance and let Ohioans decide on these amendments for themselves. The Ohio Restoration Project should join Reform Ohio Now - and help restore trust and faith in Ohio's government.
2. If you live in Ohio - Sign up to Volunteer. Canvassing, phone banking, all that great grass roots stuff - it's literally the donkey work to success. Even if you can only spare a couple of hours - spare it.
3. Wherever you live, Donate to the Reform Ohio Now Campaign. We are up against some REALLY big money determined to maintain the corruption and gerrymandered districts (RON is worth an extra 6 congressional seats!). If all you can spare is $10 - spare it for Ohio.
4. Letters to the Editor. Anyone can do this. Before you write a diary, write a letter ! We really need to educate Ohio Voters about Issues 2 thru 5 and LTE's are a great way to do that - let's flood those news rooms. The DNC has a pretty neat tool - just hit this link, enter your zip code and write your letter ! Couldn't be easier. IF you live outside of Ohio - here is a list of Ohio Zip codes.
5. If you have a Blog - Blog it ! Grow Ohio has a ton of info, and you can always check the Ohio lefty blogs aggregator too to keep up to date. Every time someone googles RON it better come up with our responses ! Also put up a link to RON - graphics here.
6. Video Design Guru's. Make a 30 second Ad for Reform Ohio Now !
7. If you are an Ohio Blogger - send me an email if you want to join the netroots effort ! russ1436-at-hotmail.com
9. If you are in Ohio, or have family and Friends in Ohio - Talk to them about RON - tell them how important it is.
10. Download the RON flyer, print it out and stick it in high visibility areas - libraries, stores, everywhere. Flyer here.
This is the kick off for a co-ordinated netroots wide effort - see kos's post here
Let me know in the comments what you are signing up for, and please recommend this so that others have a chance to get involved in taking back Ohio.
You guys and Gals ROCK. Thanks ![editor's note, by Pounder] If you have reached this diary from a goggle of "Help Us Drive A Stake Into The Ohio GOP" - you have probably heard this from a Ohio GOP talking point!In that talking point email they sent out to their email list they claimed that I am somehow a Liberal Group. In fact I am just a blogger sick of the corruption - looking for help to put an end to it. For the Record I believe The morally bankrupt Ohio Republican party has been sucking the life blood out of Ohio for a decade with their special interests, pay for play and out right corruption. Protected in the knowledge that their gerrymandering has rendered them untouchable and unaccountable. It is time for reforms that will take the power out of the hands of the rich and powerful and put it firmly back in the hands of the Ohio people. If this was 20 years ago, It would be the Democratic party that needed the stake. The Ohio people have a right and the power to drive a stake into the heart of all corruption and Reform Ohio Now is that stake.
Tags: (all tags)