by PK, Sun Feb 28, 2010 at 07:21:44 PM EST
One of the most stupid argument I see is that Republican want the HCR (not Hillary but Health Care Reform for you anti-Hillary and anti-Bill Clinton) to fail or Obama to fail! All of 2008 Democrats were in majority with filibuster proof majority in Senate! Why they fail!
I who voted for Democrats all my life including 2008 election now support Tea Party – I am not so called Tea Baggers or the racist as I myself is minority. But I had and have enough of this BS of rescuing the banks, paying 100% to Goldman Sach, buying General Motors and rescuing Chrysler, etc. instead of buying of the TOXIC Asset and fixing root-cause of this disaster.
With that why you need 2000+ pages for comprehensive bill when same can be achieved by KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). With KISS bill people can read and understand the bill and would enthusiastically support it. Because idea comes from Republican does not mean that it is bad idea.
Let me start with simple idea and you can add to it, and you would see that to achieve the underlying objective that 2000+ page HCR bill you don’t need those 2000+ pages and whole year of non-achievement.
- 100% of medical expenses including insurance would be tax deductible irrespective of whether one itemizes the deduction or not.
- Employees’ medical insurance would be fully taxed. Employee would clain tax deduction on their income tax.
- Employer’s portion of medical insurance would be treated as an income for an employee.
- There shall be no lifetime limit on any medical insurance.
- Medical Insurance would include at minimum following in the base policy –
- Annual Physical
- All Vaccination
- 4 visits to pediatric for children under 18 year.
- Ob-gyn visit during pregnancy for female.
- Major medical including out-patient surgery
- Abortion in case of rape, incest and medical necessity, and one time in lifetime for adult women and one time in lifetime for teenage girls under 18 years with parent’s or judge’s consent.
- Annual Vision Check
- Annual Dental Examination and cleaning
- Total out-of pocket expense of $2000 per year for individual and $5000 per year for family - adjusted for inflation
- Total deductible for major medical $1000 per year for individual and $2500 per year for family – adjusted for inflation
- 100% Prescription coverage for children under 18 years, and pregnant female.
- Insurance company shall not drop any one for any reason as long as insured person is paying his/her and dependents premium.
- Insurance company shall not increase premium of any insured person more than rate of inflation (not medical inflation)
- Insurance company shall not increase premium of any insured person unless premium is increased for each and every person insured by the same insurance company and rate of increase shall be equal for each insured person by the same insurance company.
- Employee whose employer is not offering the Group Insurance shall be able to buy the insurance at the same group rate as federal employee under the federal medical plan.
- If group rate of employer group plan is higher for same benefit as federal group plan than the employee shall be eligible to buy the insurance at the same group rate as federal employee under the federal medical plan.
- Employee shall not be dropped from employer’s group insurance if employee quits the job unless –
- Employee’s new employer offers a group insurance.
- Employee stops paying a premium including amount contributed by his/her employer.
- Employer group insurance plan and Federal Employee’s Group Insurance Plan can not refuse coverage to person who was covered by insurance in last 60 days.
- Employee shall pay premium of last 60 days if no premium was paid to any insurance. In case of financial hardship due to unemployment premium can be spread out over 12 months.
- Unemployment Insurance shall cover unemployed person and his/her non-employed dependents under Federal Employee’s Group Insurance Plan as long as he/she is claiming unemployment insurance.
- In case premium for base policy exceeds 15% of family’s before tax total income, than that person and his/her non-employed dependent would be automatically covered by Federal Employee’s Group Insurance Plan and federal government shall subsidized the insurance by amount equal to difference between premium for base policy and 15% of family’s before tax total income.
- If employer is offering the group insurance, than employee must take the coverage under employer’s group insurance and federal government shall subsidized the insurance by amount equal to difference between premium for base policy and 15% of family’s before tax total income.
- Senators, congressman, all appointee and non-appointee employees in executive branch shall not be covered by any other insurance plan but the Federal Employee’s Group Insurance. Only exception shall be the veterans.
- All hospitals shall have a 24 hour non-emergency clinic next to the hospital staffed by Residents under supervision of Senior Resident.
- Senior nurse/doctor trained in identifying the real emergency patients shall screen each patient during admission and transfer the emergency patient to hospital emergency room.
- Hospital emergency room shall admit only patient brought by ambulance and the one transferred from clinic as an emergency room patient.
- Any patient misusing the emergency room or an ambulance service for non-emergency shall be fined $1000 or $200 per hour which ever is higher or prison term of one day for every hour of emergency room treatment.
- Each Physician, optician, dentist and medical professional, and hospital and clinic shall maintain digitized records of each patient on national medical server accessible by any licensed medical profession with consent of patient.
- Department of Health and Human Services would maintain the medical server.
- AMA shall identify and certify health professionals for the expert witnesses’ pool. Plaintiff’s and Defense’s counsel by consensus select the respective health professional as an expert witness who would testify for both plaintiff as well as defendant in the respective case.
- Department of Health and Human Services with the help of AMA shall define the required test and diagnostic procedures for known diseases and surgeries and publish them as a standard. As long health professional follows theses procedure he/she can not be sues for not ordering the test or not performing different procedure outside the standard.
- If test or procedures outside the standard are required for specific case, health professional shall explain the reason and have patient or patient’s authorized person get second opinion or waive the second opinion by signing the consent. On signing the consent patient will waive the right to sue the health professional for using those test or procedure outside the standards.
- Damage for malpractice shall not exceed the total possible lost income and pain and suffering compensation shall not exceed 2 times the lost income.
- Current Patients with pre-existing condition and no insurance shall be covered by Federal Employee’s Group Insurance plan.
- Any person who fails to obtain insurance under any of the following plan shall have to pay premium equal last 24 months premium if one has no pre-existing condition or premium equal to last 60 months premium on requesting insurance. This additional premium can be paid in 12 equal installments over the next 12 months.
- Employer’s Group Insurance Plan
- Federal Employee’s Group Insurance Plan
- US Citizens and legal aliens who are 55 years old on the day this bill is signed by president shall keep their current Medicare Coverage when they reach eligible age or can opt to enroll in to Federal Employee’s Group Medical Coverage – basic policy at no additional cost to them plus $5000 per year – adjusted for inflation - for doctor’s visit and prescription medicine. In the later case Medicare Trust shall transmit to Department of Health and Human Services amount each Medicare recipient is qualified to receive from Medicare Trust.
- US Citizen and legal alien who are under 55 year on the day this bill is signed by president, on reaching eligibility age, shall be automatically enroll into Federal Employee’s Group Medical Coverage – basic policy at no additional cost to them plus $5000 per year – adjusted for inflation - for doctor’s visit and prescription medicine. Medicare Trust shall transmit to Department of Health and Human Services amount each Medicare recipient is qualified to receive from Medicare Trust
- Person including Medicare recipient can upgrade their coverage from basic coverage by paying premium difference between plan coverage they like to have and basic coverage. Federal Government shall not subsidize this premium difference.
- Department of Health and Human Services shall provided electronic Health Insurance card (HCR Card) with ID different than Social Security Number to every US Citizen and legal aliens. Each patient shall provide their HCR Card to health care provider (physician, doctor, hospital, clinic, etc.) and on purchase of prescription and non-prescription drugs. Medical Server at Department of Health and Human Services shall maintain record of each individual’s total medical expenditure for tax deduction, and send a copy of expenditure to each individual by January 30th of each year.
- Medicare premium of individuals 45 years or less on the day president signs this bill shall be adjusted such that Medicare Trust shall not go in deficit.
- Department of Health and Human Services shall establish separate Health Insurance Trust.
- Any surplus shall be maintained in the separate Health Insurance Trust for unexpected increase insurance subsidy. Federal Government shall budget in the General budget money needed to support Health Insurance Trust in case Trust runs into deficit any year.
- Health Insurance Trust, Medicare Trust and Social Security Trust shall invest surplus only in the US Government Federal Reserve Issued Interest Bearing Notes.
- Surplus amount in the Health Insurance Trust, Medicare Trust and Social Security Trust shall not be accounted towards or used for General Budget or any other Budget of Federal or State Government.
Instead of using this blog for petty name calling or criticize use it to educate public – for public’s good and to hold corrupt politician like Rangel accountable for their actions irrespective party affiliation.
Tags: (all tags)