You Know You Might Be a Liberal If…
by omnipotentpoobah, Tue Aug 17, 2010 at 04:57:10 PM EDT
Note: Turnabout is fair play, so enjoy this companion post to last week’s You Know You Might Be a Tea Partier If… And moderates, your turn will come soon too.
You know you might be a liberal if you:
- Make protest signs with perfect grammar and spelling, but that quote Camus…in the original French.
- You’re willing to fight an uphill election battle, but no one understands your commercials.
- Think of your party’s Big Tent as a canopy for a reception party after a gay wedding.
- Refer to George W. Bush as the Anti-Christ, but are incensed when the right calls Obama The Messiah™.
- Protest horrible work conditions for migrant farm workers, hotel maids, and Chinese prison labor…by throwing a $500 per head cheese and wine tasting.
- Advocate for homeless rights…provided they don’t live in your neighborhood.
- Want environmental protections for every species on Earth…except those icky bugs and snakes.
- Drive to a protest about shipping jobs overseas in your BMW.
- Have a secret desire to be black, but are ashamed that it comes from your mother teaching you they’re terrific dancers.
- Think Native American lands should be returned to their original owners while forgetting your house stands on what was once a sacred burial site.
- You don’t own a single American flag pin.
- Think Keith Olbermann is the only “fair and balanced” newser on TV.
- Think gun ownership should be forbidden, including all weaponry used by the Armed Forces.
- Vacation in every foreign nation under the sun, but have never traveled to an adjacent state.
- Get pissed because Republicans refer to it as the Democrat party instead of the Democratic party.
- Spell “the” as “teh”.
- Believe the First Amendment guarantees everyone’s right to free expression, but think “hate speech” a should be illegal.
- Believe that foreign despots will go away if you ask nicely.
- Want to declare war on Christmas.
- Are in favor of building the Ground Zero mosque while arguing with the local planning commission over the amount of traffic the new church being built in your neighborhood will generate.
- Think of Talking Points Memo as a legitimate news outlet.
- Don’t grasp why unredacted CIA intelligence isn’t printed in the newspaper every day.
- Believe you’re an “honorary lesbian” because of that little one-night stand you had while drunk in college.
- Believe that little one-night stand you had while drunk in college was “fun”, but you’d never do it again in a million years.
- Want to ban sugar, salt, and fat from foods, but eat bacon-wrapped hors d’ouvers and drink rum and Cokes at your neighbor’s party.
- Think black-on-black crime is caused entirely by white people.
- Think everyone in the Midwest is some sort of inbred goob even though you’ve never met anyone outside the Washington, DC metro area.
- Decry Republicans playing politics while grousing about Obama’s tepid response to criticism.
- Think Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are qualified to talk about anything having to do with African Americans.
- Think anyone to the left of Ed Schultz is a crazed wing nut.
- Really hate it when people don’t refer to liberals as progressives.
- Think banning all oil drilling by 2011 is the solution to America’s energy problems.
- Protest human rights violations in Chad without being able to find it on a map.
- Oppose the death penalty, but also protest the poor conditions in the nation’s prisons.
- Claim to have lots of gay and black friends, but can’t remember their names when someone asks…not that there’s anything wrong with that.
- Support awarding huge damage claims to people who’ve smoked 3 packs a day despite the fact they’ve known smoking is a deadly for their entire adult lives.
- Believe that Republicans lie and Democrats have inconvenient truths.
- Complain about the condition of America’s educational system while sending your own kids to private school.
- Think all Republicans are corrupt and hypocritical.
- Think Bill Clinton was impeached for a BJ instead of lying to a grand jury.
- Think Michelle Malkin is cute enough to sleep with, but would never tell anyone because of her politics.
- Feel inferior if you don’t have a master’s degree.
- Protest the efforts to repeal the 14th Amendment, but are still pissed that the Equal Rights Amendment didn’t pass.
- Believe that donating an hour per week teaching an inner city kid how to read is intrinsically more valuable than a wealthy person donating $1000 to the literacy program.
- Hate being called a socialist.
- Are a vegan, but hate the taste of tofu.
- Drink soy milk in your $6 cup of coffee.
- Think DADT is the biggest problem facing the nation today.
- Believe Nancy Pelosi is the greatest Speaker in the history of the House.
- Believe that only white people can be racist.
- Don’t understand why the Ground Zero mosque is a touchy subject for some people.
- Decry the loss of newspapers and magazines, but own 4 Kindles.
- You find this post as funny as You Know You Might Be a Tea Partier If…
Cross posted at The Omnipotent Poobah Speaks!
Tags: Al Sharpton, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, First Amendment, George W Bush, Ground Zero, groundzero, Indigenous peoples of the Americas, Keith Olbermann, Politics, sharia, World Trade Center (all tags)