The Big picture...No matter who you Support
by netgui68, Tue Apr 29, 2008 at 08:51:01 AM EDT
No matter who you support, you need to define in a tangible way what problems we need to address and who will address them and REALLY represent our interests. We need a say in American policies again.
Whether you are an Clinton supporter or Obama supporter, we must identify what we are fighting for or against. I drew the conclusion a long time ago that the largest problem we face in our nation today is the run on power in our government (Federal, State, and local) We have allowed special interest groups, lobbyist, and large corporations to dictate our laws, policies, trade agreements, employment, financial, and tax laws...virtually they have taken control of every aspect of our government and infrastructure to the point they dictate the conditions we live in and the conditions our children will inherit.
Everything that we deplore and are concerned about derives directly as a symptom of this massive power grab which is the core problem, most of the checks and balances no longer exist, common sense does not abound, infrastructure is stunted, and the opportunity of the American Dream is in critical condition.
Treating symptoms while not attacking the very root of the disease does not cure the disease, it just makes the disease a little more tolerable and obscures the disease from sight, however, once you stop treating the symptoms, the effects come back in full force and may return with a vengeance.
I contend that this core problem is why we have all the following conditions:
1. Unchecked health care expense
- Deteriorating School systems
- Insane prescription drug prices
- Government corruption
- Wealth inequality
- Declining purchasing power despite both parents working and working more hours
- Outrageous energy prices
- Corporate giveaways and bailouts using tax payer money
- Erosion of the constitution and civil rights.
- Unchecked military expenses
- Out of control deficits and national debts
- Erosion of the family unit
- Declining sense of well being and security
- Theft of public retirement and investments through public company closed insider board members that work to enrich each other at the expense of their small share holders, employees, and economical health of the good ole USA
- Double standards - giving employee rights and imposing conditions to guarantee ethical behavior, good work conditions, fair wealth sharing and policies that are in the American interests on companies, is anti capitalistic behavior...however bailing out Bear Stearns, using the Fed to manipulate financial policies in favor of companies that is suffering due their own corrupt officers at the expense of main street in the form of using their tax dollars to guarantee the bail out, deflation of the dollar that impacts our buying power due to the inflation that they knowingly caused...they choose Big corrupt business over suffering Americans.
The list could grow much much more..but you get the point. If you agree with my assessment, you need to do research and find out which candidate offers the best chance to break away from these forces that has caused so much damage to our nation...I did my research and came up with my answer.
I will put it this way...I did not need to look very hard at McCain to understand who he was for and it is not us.
One candidate told me in a debate that special interest and lobbyist had a valid say in our government, furthermore has been entrenched with special interests throughout their career, heck they are even abundant within their campaign...this same candidate has since done a 180 turn on that position, however, honesty really comes into question, given so much flip flopping on positions and mistatements...my answer was I can't count on that person to follow through or even mean what they are saying to get elected.
I chose the candidate of the lesser evil...I chose the candidate that AIPAC is trying to get rid of due to their pledge not to take money from them or allow them to dictate US foreign policy...The powerful have no intention of losing their hold and influence over our country. I chose the person that is being attacked via a triangulation...the GOP and its candidate, the CORPORATE media, and members of the candidates own party...this is a very difficult fight to win...ask yourself why would someone be so forcibly attacked...just maybe because they really mean that those powerful influences would diminish under their Presidency and those influences are bound and determined to make certain that does not happen.
These are just things to consider...you know who I am for, you certainly have the right to make your decision for the candidate who best represents your views...whoever you ultimately decide to back is okay with me, however, at least look at the issues clearly, don't be swiftboated into another mistake. Remember we are responsible for our vote and must live with whatever the consequences are, we can't go back and change it once it is done, we have to live with 4 years for better or worse.
I am NOT asking you to vote for one person or the other..that is your decision, however, I am pleading with you to make your decision based on the facts, policies, and the person based on their actions, words, reputation, work, and historical facts.
I hope that is fair enough request of my fellow Americans and Democrats.