Bob DOLE for UN Ambassadorship
by NeoLiberal, Tue Jun 14, 2005 at 07:20:50 AM EDT
I propose the highly decorated and much admired Sen. Bob Dole
for the position of US Ambassdor to the UN, instead of the garden variety streetfighterJohn Bolton:
Here is a brief list of reasons why we should push for Sen. Dole in place of John Bolton:
1) Sen. Dole is an experienced politician with a proven record of getting things done.
2) He is a great communicator.
3) He is known for his pursuasive skills, his ability to reach across the aisle and in getting the other side to respect and listen to what he has to say.
4) He is a decorated veteran and this makes him even more suitable for dealing with international matters of war and peace.
5) His wife, Sen. Elizabeth Dole was the president of Amerrican Redcross, and he can draw from her experience in dealing with international bodies.
6) He'd be an excellent "face" that America can present of itself to the rest of the world.
On the lighter side, he can promote the use of Viagra and other erectile stimulants across the world :) When people of busy making love, they are less likely to wage wars and kill each other.
1) Write (and call his office) to Sen. Dole at thislink, and request him to consider this position.
2) Write to or call your state senator, and if you have the time, call other US senators as well.
- full senator list
- Democratic senators' list
3) In particualr, call the GOP members of the "Gang of 14" who brokered the "anti-nuclear-option deal" and try to pursuade them that they should call on the Whitehouse to withdraw Bolton's nomination, and to put forth Sen. Dole for this position. You can get the list of these moderate GOP senators here: GOP Gang of 7.
4) Recommend this diary so that it stays active longer.
Tags: (all tags)