Obama's Speech Tonight - Cool Stuff to Look For
by miker2008, Thu Aug 28, 2008 at 09:55:25 AM EDT
Here is how the evening is projected to go:
1. The media coverage opens with camera shots of the clouds above the city, and then moves through the clouds to float above the assembling masses below, with the intention of portraying beauty and majesty of the scene.
2. Upon arriving at the field, Obama emerges from a full-scale replica of Air Force One, to thunderous applause and a cheering crowd, and is escorted backstage
3. Upon taking his place among greek columns meant to evoke the Lincoln Memorial & the White House (and built by the same stage designers who do Britney Spears' shows), the speeches begin.
More points, and sources, below the fold ...
4. First there is an introduction of the DNC hierarchy with opening speeches.
5. Obama's speech starts by praising his campaign for their work in rebuilding America, and declares that the party and state are one entity.
6. Obama then addresses the youth, describing how they must harden themselves and prepare for sacrifice.
7. Obama, flanked by party leaders, walks through a long wide expanse to lay a wreath at an Iraq War Memorial.
8. Obama then reviews parading members of the armed services (Navy, Army, Marines, Air Force).
9. New party symbols and emblems are introduced.
10. Obama's speech ends by declaring, "All loyal Americans will become Democrats. Only the best Democrats will be party leaders"
11. The scene fades to dark as the entire crowd sings the "I've got 99 Problems but a Bitch Ain't One" (reprised from his Iowa primary celebration).
12. The evening ends with a torchlight parade or fireworks display.