( Motoring along; Day 40 of the DisneyLand road-trip; Sound of children screaming in the back seat...)
Awright, god damn it, that's it! If you two don't cut it out, I will turn this primary around right now, so help me god!
She hit me first!
I did not, stupidhead!
Liar! You started it when...
Quiet! Did you hit him first? Tell me the truth.
No! ...well, yes, but he said Barbie was "like, soooo 90's", and his Pokemon was better, and...
He is! No one cares about stupid old Barbie anymore! She's old, and scratched, and...
Is not! And you liked Barbie before you got dumb ol' plastic Pokemon, with his dumb ol' "vote blaster", and...
Quiet, both of you! I don't care who hit who first. Do you want to go to DisneyLand?
Then you'll sit quietly and play with your toys NICELY, or I'll take them both away, and you'll be stuck with G.I. Joe for the next four years. Is that what you want?
Good. You're both big kids, and there is no excuse for this kind of behavior. You want to go to DisneyLand, don't you? Well, I'm only taking you to DisneyLand if you show me you can act like big kids, and not start screaming and pulling each other's hair every time I turn my back. Do you think you can do that?
Ok, then...Both of you have perfectly fine toys. Do you know what kids in Russia play with? Pointy sticks. That's right. And, if they don't like the pointy stick they have, all they can do is trade it for another pointy stick. You should be grateful that you have Barbie and Pokemon. Even G.I.Joe...Now, what do you say?
Ok, then. Let's go to DisneyLand.
-Ah, families. Can you feel the love? The thaw feels pretty good to me...
Kindly quit using my state's situation as some kind of mythic dragon only Hillary can slay. We broke the rules, we're gettin spanked. You know as well as I that that 50-50 split is the best either candidate can expect. Talking about me and my state like your're some kinda of champion-of-my-interests makes you sound as shabby as her...
"...and stop giving the Republicans an issue to use against Democrats in the fall."
Are you folks really going to sit there and tell me, with straight faces, that this is anything but blatant hypocrisy? She has all but endorsed McCain HERSELF! ON LIVE TELEVISION!!! She's done everything she possibly could to smear Obama short of stating flat-out that Americans (that's us, btw) won't vote for a BLACK MAN!
"However, such a move by the Clinton campaign might have been viewed as a crass departure from the campaign's calls to have the state's delegates reflect the sentiments of the voters in the state."
A crass departure?? Her whole campaign has been one "crass departure" after another! The fact that you can quote that blatant lie, and then discuss it calmly as though it had any basis in objective reality, or intellectual integrity is amazing. Is Phil Singer your father? I sure hope so. At least then I could blow off this brain-fart as an example of filial loyalty. The alternative is that Hillary's supporters have abandoned every other motivation but the will to power.
On a lighter note, The Leno joke was flat-out creepy. You call your opponent untruthful, then go on television, and make a crack about what a bald-faced liar you are? How counter-intuitive! How hip and edgy! Mark Penn should be instituionalized...
And the MLK speech? I thought she was gonna bust out laughing! If the subject hadn't been so tragic, I'd have thought I was seeing a YouTube leak of her practicing for some celebrity roast....
It's all become too ghoulish. She's fucking killing me. I used to admire this lady, and what she stood for. Now, It's like watching Mickey Mouse turn into a drunk, and start beating up on Minnie.
Support who you like. It's clear your minds are made up. Pursue blindly every operational, political, and personal advantage you can. Godspeed. When this is over, when she loses and she's left standing, alone, atop the ashes of a once brilliant career, remember you enabled her.
* Create a Universal Mortgage Credit: Obama will create a 10 percent universal mortgage credit to provide homeowners who do not itemize tax relief. This credit will provide an average of $500 to 10 million homeowners, the majority of whom earn less than $50,000 per year.
* Ensure More Accountability in the Subprime Mortgage Industry: Obama has been closely monitoring the subprime mortgage situation for years, and introduced comprehensive legislation over a year ago to fight mortgage fraud and protect consumers against abusive lending practices. Obama's STOP FRAUD Act provides the first federal definition of mortgage fraud, increases funding for federal and state law enforcement programs, creates new criminal penalties for mortgage professionals found guilty of fraud, and requires industry insiders to report suspicious activity.
* Mandate Accurate Loan Disclosure: Obama will create a Homeowner Obligation Made Explicit (HOME) score, which will provide potential borrowers with a simplified, standardized borrower metric (similar to APR) for home mortgages. The HOME score will allow individuals to easily compare various mortgage products and understand the full cost of the loan.
* Create Fund to Help Homeowners Avoid Foreclosures: Obama will create a fund to help people refinance their mortgages and provide comprehensive supports to innocent homeowners. The fund will be partially paid for by Obama's increased penalties on lenders who act irresponsibly and commit fraud.
* Close Bankruptcy Loophole for Mortgage Companies: Obama will work to eliminate the provision that prevents bankruptcy courts from modifying an individual's mortgage payments. Obama believes that the subprime mortgage industry, which has engaged in dangerous and sometimes unscrupulous business practices, should not be shielded by outdated federal law.
* Create a Credit Card Rating System to Improve Disclosure: Obama will create a credit card rating system, modeled on five-star systems used for other consumer products, to provide consumers an easily identifiable ranking of credit cards, based on the card's features. Credit card companies will be required to display the rating on all application and contract materials, enabling consumers to quickly understand all of the major provisions of a credit card without having to rely exclusively on fine print in lengthy documents.
* Establish a Credit Card Bill of Rights to Protect Consumers: Obama will create a Credit Card Bill of Rights to protect consumers. The Obama plan will:
o Ban Unilateral Changes
o Apply Interest Rate Increases Only to Future Debt
o Prohibit Interest on Fees
o Prohibit "Universal Defaults"
o Require Prompt and Fair Crediting of Cardholder Payments
* Cap Outlandish Interest Rates on Payday Loans and Improve Disclosure: Obama supports extending a 36 percent interest cap to all Americans. Obama will require lenders to provide clear and simplified information about loan fees, payments and penalties, which is why he'll require lenders to provide this information during the application process.
* Encourage Responsible Lending Institutions to Make Small Consumer Loans: Obama will encourage banks, credit unions and Community Development Financial Institutions to provide affordable short-term and small-dollar loans and to drive unscrupulous lenders out of business.
* Reform Bankruptcy Laws to Protect Families Facing a Medical Crisis: Obama will create an exemption in bankruptcy law for individuals who can prove they filed for bankruptcy because of medical expenses. This exemption will create a process that forgives the debt and lets the individuals get back on their feet.
* Expand the Family and Medical Leave Act: The FMLA covers only certain employees of employers with 50 or more employees. Obama will expand it to cover businesses with 25 or more employees. He will expand the FMLA to cover more purposes as well, including allowing workers to take leave for elder care needs; allowing parents up to 24 hours of leave each year to participate in their children's academic activities; and expanding FMLA to cover leave for employees to address domestic violence.
* Encourage States to Adopt Paid Leave: As president, Obama will initiate a strategy to encourage all 50 states to adopt paid-leave systems. Obama will provide a $1.5 billion fund to assist states with start-up costs and to help states offset the costs for employees and employers.
* Expand High-Quality Afterschool Opportunities: Obama will double funding for the main federal support for afterschool programs, the 21st Century Learning Centers program, to serve a million more children. Obama will include measures to maximize performance and effectiveness across grantees nationwide.
* Expand the Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit: The Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit provides too little relief to families that struggle to afford child care expenses. Obama will reform the Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit by making it refundable and allowing low-income families to receive up to a 50 percent credit for their child care expenses.
* Protect Against Caregiver Discrimination: Workers with family obligations often are discriminated against in the workplace. Obama will enforce the recently-enacted Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidelines on caregiver discrimination.
* Expand Flexible Work Arrangements: Obama will create a program to inform businesses about the benefits of flexible work schedules; help businesses create flexible work opportunities; and increase federal incentives for telecommuting. Obama will also make the federal government a model employer in terms of adopting flexible work schedules and permitting employees to request flexible arrangements.
How about we wait around til it's cold in Hell, while you get your Hillary-positive Wil.I.Am clone together? Lack of planning, Alegre, it'll get you every time. I guessing your not a chess player, huh? The player who's thinks the furthest moves ahead wins. Your candidate didn't think past "I'm owed this". Life sucks, and then you die. Deal with it.
On a positive note, you are one hell of a good writer, and technically savvy. You should apply to the Obama campaign. They'd respect your viewpoint, and appreciate your talents....
and, btw, Alegre, I roof houses for 12.50$ an hour, in the Florida sun. Does that sound like good money to you? An easy, take-time-off-when-I-want-to job? Bring your O so-passionate ass to Tampa next week, you and I will toss shingles for a couple of hours, and we'll see how you feel about us Obama supporters then. Here's my Email, I'll meet you at the bus staion
or do you just comb the cable channels for the best stuff? You actually link to CRAMER? The guy was almost in tears, ranting for the government ( i.e.- US) to bail Wall Street out of it's latest boondoggle! I know she's your girl, I can see you'd be hurt by her losing, but god damn, get a grip. You act like she's some sort of last-ditch rescue, some paragon of working-class redemption. Hillary cares about Hillary, period.
for a positive, but brutally honest, analysis of Alegre's latest bit of spin. I'm flipping out about my next house payment, and I managed to pony up 20$ for Sen. Obama. Alegre, your new "all the poor people are for Hillary" line is about as intellectually dishonest as the rest of your lines. Stop taking talking points from Penn/Wolfson, and get your head out of your ass, ok?
if it's such a non-event, then why are you pushing it? I tend to agree with the ostensible point of your post (re-votes would do jack-squat for Hillary) so why keep banging this drum? She lost. I don't trust her, alot of Dems agree with me, it's a painful situation for her supporters, but fer fuck's sake, deal with it.