by hddun2008, Wed Jun 20, 2012 at 01:39:36 PM EDT
June 19 2012
The headline today in the Houston Chronicle touted the news that the Obama administration had awarded a ONE BILLION Dollar contract for research to TEXAS A&M. The cortsortium that got this huge contract is headed by a cabal of rich Texans who are hard right Republicans and supporters of GOP Texas Governor and Tea Party darling Rick Perry. As you know Rick Perry and the Texas Republicans hate the Obama administration with a vengence rarely seen even in Texas politics. Yet here we are in mid-2012 with Obama and Kathleen Sebelius crowing about the benefits this contract will bring in research. Aren't there swing states where this money could be placed. You can bet that profits from this huge grant will find its way over the years into the hands of anti-progressive, anti-union, anti-enviromental control PAC's of the far right wing. I am amazed at this president. Why would he allow his subordinates to even allow Texas based business operations to get into bidding on large contracts. He should know full well that the monies/profits from this huge contract will go to further destruction of the campaigns for Democrats both in Texas and in other districts of the US Congress. Democrats from California, New York, etc. should be screaming about how this project was awarded and the protocols used to fund over $1 billion of our tax dollars into the hands of Rick Perry and his GOP business people who continually rant about "big government" spending. Governor Perry felt so strongly about it that he based his entire presidential primaries by appealing to the Tea Parties and was heavily supported by big contributions from RICH GOP backers in Texas.
It is so frustrating to see how inept the president's campaign has become that he may really turn out to be the Black Jimmy Carter.
by hddun2008, Wed Jan 25, 2012 at 05:09:41 PM EST
Its fairly easy to make a list of the Obamacares:
1. Obama cares about foreign workers. Recently he went to Korea and signed on to a new trade agreement. Pundits such as Dennis Kucinich say this agreement shows Obama cares about the Korean worker. For example, Obama's new caregiving to Korea will allow the Korean automakers to sell another 200,000 cars annually in the USA but we only get to sell about 5,000 in Korea. Obama first showed us how much he cared for Korean car companies when he implemented the "Cash for Clunkers" program which cleared out the huge inventories of Korean cars sitting on the docks unsold in Long Beach, California.
2. Obamacares about Mexican Truckers. One would think that a president who got elected because the US Teamsters Union backed him the Democrat for the first time in memory would want to keep the support of the largest union in the USA (the Teamsters have backed the GOP for many elections). But true to form, Obamacares about Mexican truckers and trucking companies and now they can compete anywhere they wish in the entire USA. Obama is brave. Piss off the United Auto Workers and then piss off the Teamsters. Obama even cared to piss off the workers in public unions. Remember back last summer when the State of Wisconsin union workers counterattacked against the GOP Governor who wants to eliminate their union. Other GOP governors are continuing to assault public labor unions. Obama is silent. No signs of support for these labor unions. Obama cares for Republican governors who are trying to end collective bargaining for labor unions.
3. OBAMACARES about Wall Street. How many bankers do you know who have ever voted or contributed to a Democrat at any level. No matter. Obamacares for bankers. He gave them TRILLIONS of dollars in backing with no guarantee that they would loan out the money to businesses. They obliged Mr. Obama for his caring and didn't make the loans nor did they do much to help out homeowners who were getting foreclosed. Instead they used the funding to pay internal bonuses and to purchase other banks i.e. Wells Fargo used Obamacare money to buy Wachovia and Chase bought Washington Mutual with their Obamacare monies.
4. Obamacares for Health Insurance Companies. He pushed through a reform law which forces over 20 million people to purchase their plans (new customers) but Obamacare doesn't really go into effect until 2014. Obama really cares for you just so you don't get sick for 2 more years.
5. Obamacares for The Republican Party. Just after his election in 2008, he still had over $100 million in campaign donations. Since there were 2 Senate seats which were still uncontested -- Al Franken in Minn. and Jim Martin in Georgia. Obama really cared more for their GOP opponents because he refused to send in his still intact election team to help out either Democratic candidate. Franken ultimately won but Martin lost his valuable Senate seat to the Ultraconservative lying Republican Saxby Chamblis one of the worst of the worst hacks in Congress. Obama continued to care for the GOP. In 2010, he stood by in stony silence while the GOP scored a huge runup of House Seats. In effect, Obamacared so much for the GOP that he let them take away a huge majority in the House and almost got control of the Senate. In the 2012 election, he can further enhance his caring for Republicans by standing by and allowing them to elect a VETO PROOF Congress which no matter if he wins will run over him like he a truck.
6. Finally Obamacares for Obama. No matter that Karl Rove is going from House districts all over the country (and Senate seats too) and giving them huge amounts of money for the upcoming election. In a way it shows that Obama cares for Jeb Bush. Rove works for the Bush family. He would not have $200 million to pass out to GOP candidates if it weren't for Jeb's family money. This will pave the way for Jeb to make a clear run for President and take up where his brother left off. So this in effect means that Obama cares for the Bush family to get back into the presidency.
by hddun2008, Mon Nov 21, 2011 at 04:28:02 PM EST
During the seemingly endless Republican debates for their nominee to unseat President Obama, Governor Rick Perry might have given away the future strategy for ending Social Security (SSI) system. While his comment that SSI is a Ponzi Scheme got a lot of play from the media, my view is that his statement that SSI is unconstitutional is much more troubling. Does this mean that the Republicans have found that merely modifying the system as was the plan in 2005 by President Bush which would allow new entrants into the system to optionally put away some of their funds into private accounts is now been cast aside by the GOP conservatives. Because getting any change in Social Security through Congress even minimally is difficult due to the fact that senior receipents do not want anything done to the popular program which provides them with income benefits. Senior citizens vote in large numbers and will defend Social Security at election time.
So how is Governor Perry or other Republican President to get rid of the system which they hate so much. I would submit that they have been impressed with the huge changes to the legal landscape which has been wrought over the last 5 years by the Supreme Court under Chief Justice Roberts. One can easily imagine that a new Republican president would send their Attorney General before the Roberts Court to argue that Social Security is unconstitutional and should be thrown out. Perry even proposes making it a function for the States not the Federal Government. Several years ago, an author professed that the Roberts Court could not make any major changes to American law. Well, that may well change when the next Republican administration asks Roberts to decide on the matter. Just consider that the Court dumped over 70 years of law decrees in the "Citizen United" case last year which granted corporations the same rights to give money to political campaigns as real humans on Jan 21, 2010.
With a majority of just 5 Justices, the Supreme Court could end Social Security benefits for over 45 million seniors and disabled people.
by hddun2008, Mon Nov 09, 2009 at 04:24:41 PM EST
What is going on--did anyone hear this news. I am shocked. Can anyone explain why we are still in this basketcase country--at least Iraq has a Trillion barrels of oil!!!!