To an Obama supporter, this race has been over for weeks and the Hillary supporters of MyDD appear to be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Obama supporters don't respond to the substance of your posts, because they would appear to be irrelevant to the larger political picture.
I don't mean to offend, but that is how many of us feel.
BTW, 'lol are you serious' isn't an answer.
Yes or No. Are you paid to post?
To answer your question, no, I'm not being paid. As much as I'd love to get cash for blogging, I don't think I'm good enough at it.
IMO, It's pretty easy to see who is getting paid.
1) Posting schedule resemble a work schedule.
2) Screen names that pander to some specific issue or contest. (ex. NancyInPA, 911Firefighter4Hillary)
3) Unlikely anecdotal stories that follow a desired political narrative.
4) No previous online history.
5) They link to blogs that are only a few months old with few comments and no other topics but HRC (This applies to a few popular rec listers.)
6) A diary or more every day. (Who has time to write that many diaries?)
7) Coordinated talking points with the campaign.
8) A long list of vague support comments in the diaries of other paid bloggers.
9) A willingness to latch on to any issue that benefits their candidate, regardless of its integrity.
10) Formulaic professional looking diaries. Often with nice use of graphics.
11) The echo chamber effect - A slew of new diaries that all tackle the same topic.
I could go on, but without naming names, I'd be willing to bet cash money that some of the Hillary supporters on the rec list are getting a check.
I think many of these folks had there eyes set on DailyKos, but the community was too large to be influenced by such a small number of paid bloggers. I believe they are playing MyDD like a harp.
It will be interesting to see who sticks around after Hillary closes up shop.
He already has free support from the large blogs, so why would he bother spending cash on smaller ones? I think Al just enjoys a bit of conflict and the surreal spectacle of MyDD. Honestly, some of the rationalizations that make it to the rec list can be mind boggling.
(also a sincere question) Is canadian gal getting paid to blog?