Palin cuts to the bone and Obama has no answer.
by dtaylor2, Fri Aug 29, 2008 at 04:58:47 PM EDT
Palin must have been Rove's choice.
1) She is pretty
- She is a woman
- She totally and completely neutralizes Obama's game.
- She may very well become president from McCain death in 8 year time and she is unknown so she will get tons of press. She is bright and shiny and Biden isn't.
- She makes McCain look like the progressive with regards to women.
- She is closer to working men and women than Obama.
- She isn't a lawyer. She was a fisherwoman.
Every attack on her comes with a built in counter attack
1) No experience. If Democrats attack her on no experience they risk being seen as blind to Obama's inexperience or hypocritical. Alternately she is the only one of the 4 with executive experience.
2) Corruption. She tried to get bro in law fired for beating her sis. Attack that and we will be having a chat about Rezko. Protecting your sis is something most American's can relate to as different from trying to enrich yourself.
3) Creationism. If Democrats attack her on creationism they risk a religion war and depending on the composition of the undecideds that may be a problem. There are lots of ways to say intelligent design should be taught that American's won't not be scared of.
4) Abortion. People are not generally scared of the person who wants very much to protect life especially if she has taken the hits herself which Palin has. But in attacking a sincere position with pro-choice the question becomes how pro choice? Many pro choice variants don't sell well either to the public or to the left wing of the democratic party.
There is no way to attack her without serious backlash. Best to ignore.