Impeachment: A Primer
by comingawakening, Thu May 29, 2008 at 03:13:51 PM EDT
I am not going to spend a lot of time "writing" my position. To me, this is a crystal clear position based on facts and accounts from various trustworthy people and journalist.
Please watch the following videos and decide for yourself. If you decide we need to push for impeachment then follow my directions below and push hard. Share it with your friends and stay on it. My position is that at the very least, Conyers and Pelosi should do exploratory hearings and hear out any facts. If from those meetings they decide not to pursue further impeachment proceedings, then I will be satisfied - not happy - but satisfied. It is a constitutional duty of Congress to follow up with due diligence.
Paul O'Neill: Paul went on the record with CBS' 60 Minutes stating that the Iraq War was being planned since day 10 of the administration.
Downing Street Memos: Bush works with Blair to make up the rational behind the Iraq War. If you are in a rush, please start watching at minute 6:00 to the end. It is shocking that Bush and Cheney have not been brought up on charges of treason. You can read more about the Downing Street Memos by visiting http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/
Lies, lies, and more lies
Valerie Plame: Scooter Libby, Karl Rove, and Dick Cheney were implicated and the issues was not investigated as well as it should have and at the end Bush pardons Scooter Libby's sentence.
There are many more points one could make.
All this makes me believe that maybe Democrats and Republicans are in cahoots. It is obvious that hearings should be held but nothing has really happened. Why? This is where you/we come in. Please and don't give up on our constitution!
1. Sign up and donate a few dollars to Congressman Wexler at http://www.wexlerwantshearings.com
2. Visit http://www.speaker.gov and tell Nancy Pelosi to hold initial hearings. I tend to tell her that I will keep donating to her competition - Cindy Sheehan.
3. Visit John Conyers (D-MI) and ask him to follow up on impeachment motions that was tabled in December/January.
4. Forward to your friends and tell them to follow up and act on this problem.
5. Call everyone above once a week and write an email once a week.
6. Call in to right-wing talk shows and cause chaos. Be careful, because their screener will sniff you out before you make it on air. The trick is to think of something positive to tell the screener regarding whatever topic is being covered and then once you talk to the host, change the subject quickly before they hang up on you. Make it hard for them to do their jobs. Key shows are: Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, John Gibson, and Mark Levin.
7. Write to President Bush and Vice-President Cheney. What ever you write will be part of the historical record for the President. I want everyone that visits his archives (what ever he doesn't delete or destroy), to see how the American public saw through his lies.
A Recomment would be appreciated if you think it is worth reading.
Thank you and stay strong and positive!