Otherwise reasonable people who fall under the spell of Barack Obama's mesmerizing TV persona soon learn to dispense with common sense when it conflicts with the pretensions of their new Messiah. The latest example of this silliness is the claim that Rush Limbaugh gave the Indiana primary to Hillary Clinton.
According the "Limbaugh Conspiracy," Rush told the ditto-heads to cross over and vote for Clinton. Sow confusion among the enemy! And this unlikely ploy worked so well that Hillary Clinton and her lunch-pail economic program were able to win the Democratic primary in a blue-collar state like Indiana!
It must be the evil hand of Rush Limbaugh! There is no other possible explanation!
Common Dreams is hosting a fairly good example of the "Limbaugh Conspiracy" by the unrelenting Obama propagandist Paul Rogat Loeb, and it's worth a little closer examination, for students of political psycho-pathology.
Loeb writes a lot about the Mississippi primary, because that's where he likes the "evidence." Republican cross-overs in that particular primary broke for Clinton, but for Paul Rogat Loeb this cannot be an indication that Clinton can bring in more cross-over votes in the general election.
It must be the evil hand of Rush Limbaugh!
12% of the voters in the primary were Republicans, and 31% of that 12%, adding up to a whopping 3.7% of voters in the Mississippi Democratic primary, said they voted for Hillary even though they don't think she's a paragon of honesty.
It must be the evil hand of Rush Limbaugh! Because all the other candidates are saintly examples of honesty, like...
Barack Obama? The guy who was for NAFTA before he was against it before he was for it again and voted for NAFTA-Peru? Barack Obama, who votes to fund the Bush genocide in Iraq every time he gets a chance to fund it?
Or would the honest candidate in the race be "Honest John McCain," who used to be against torturing prisoners (like himself) before he was for it? "Honest John McCain" who turned into a rubber stamp for Bush in a last desperate attempt to become President at any cost?
The relatively honest candidates in all these races, like Chris Dodd and Dennis Kucinich, disappeared a long time ago under the non-stop onslaught of corporate media, and the only survivors, the only possible survivors, are a bunch of ruthless politicians.
If Paul Rogat Loeb thinks that Rush Limbaugh created politics as usual all by himself, then Paul Rogat Loeb should have his pointy little head examined!
But while the Obama propagandists are ranting about the 31% of Republican cross-overs who gave HRC low marks on honesty, they sort of "forget" to mention that the other 69% of the Republican crossovers who voted for Clinton in Mississippi seemed to think she was about as honest as any other candidate, in the miserable freak show of our billion dollar primaries.
Considering that all these ruthless politicos have to raise about a million dollars every day to stay competitive, lets just say...
Abraham Lincoln would have gone broke even faster than Dennis Kucinich!
But all the survivors in this miserable shit-hole of money politics have gotten a wee bit dirty, except for Saint Barack, and if he was for NAFTA before he was against it before he was for it, and if he was for Jeremiah Wright before he was against him before he was for him before he was against him, and if was was against the war in Iraq before he voted to fund it before he was against it again before he voted to fund it again...
It's just another religious mystery!