by Jason Williams, Sat Oct 23, 2010 at 04:41:05 PM EDT
- Inoljt makes the case for independent redistricting in California: Vote Yes on Proposition 20: Redistricting of Congressional Districts.
- Misinformation from Registrar Could Disenfranchise Voters in San Diego. (Project Vote)
- PPP poll shows in the face of deceptive Republican campaigns, Virginians want clean energy and politicians who will make it happen. (Heather Taylor-Miesle NRDC Action Fund)
- Walter Brasch on the myth of the "soft middle," and rallying the base with BS in TV Political Ads: Ditching Democracy 30 Seconds at a Time.
- She's not just a joke, The Media Consortium writes in the Weekly Pulse: Crisis Pregnancy Centers, Christine O’Donnell, Condoms, and Concussions.
And your weekend bonus: What Digby said...
I don't want to blow smoke. If this is a tidal wave as everyone's expecting, then many of these candidates will drown along with the 2006 Emmanuel Blue Dog class. We could lose a lot of good progressives in the surge. But if things are not as dire, and individual candidates are able to get past all the din and make their case, progressives may pull a few of these races out. If that happens, we will have a much clearer playing field after November and a much different argument.
It's certainly worth trying and its certainly worth doing to show these politicians who've stood up for progressive values, that when the chips are down we'll do everything we can to help them. Here's the link.