Saturday Diary Rescue (on Sunday)
by Jason Williams, Sun May 09, 2010 at 07:54:49 PM EDT
Missed both the Midweek and Saturday rescue last week. Things were a little crazy here in Utah with the tea partiers targeting (now former) Sen. Bob Bennett and a group of activists behind a progressive candidate rallying enough delegate support to push Rep. Jim Matheson into a primary. Suprisingly, neither the GOP or Democratic conventions -- both at the same convention center -- had reliable wi-fi, so my internet access was spotty. At least that's my excuse!
But there were many great diaries last week deserving of a rescue, so in a rare Sunday edition, here they are:
- No nation has ever defeated terrorism by embracing its tactics, C Dixon Osburn-Human Rights 1st declares in The Monster & The Constitution.
- MA-09: Update on Progressive Mac D'Alessandro vs. ConservaDem incumbent Stephen Lynch. (MassDemActivist)
- Inoljt questions the conventional wisdom in An Era of Republican Presidential Dominance?
- ICE's misplaced priorities: The numbers speak for themselves and the stories cry out for justice writes Restore Fairness. Also see their report: Which states are going to great lengths NOT to be Arizona?
- WV-01: Extraneous Mud-Slinging Escalates With A Week Until Primaries. (Chuckie Corra)
- Respect the panic but don't lend it more substance than it's due says Zachary Karabell in How Bad Is It? Greece, Panic and the Crisis of Confidence.
- Kendrick Meek: Tell Rubio and Crist: 'No New Drilling in the Gulf' (Petition)
- Mo.Voter ID Debate is Down to the Wire: Early Voting Provision Rejected by Advocates. (Project Vote)
- The Opportunity Agenda finds some very positive take-aways in recent polling in A Representative Sample of the People Has Spoken.
- And finally, celebrate Mother's Day with a Word to your Mother. (nhavey)