Election 2010 Thread

An early twitpic of things bubbling, around 7 pm est.

Around 10 pm est, things are looking terrible for Dems in some states (IN, KY, VA) for example, and overall the House is going Republican (hard to tell by how much still); but the Senate races appear to be breaking Democrat in IL, PA, CO-- wow; and Gov races going to the GOP too.

Around 12 est, the House numbers are now in the 50's, still climbing, the Senate numbers are going to be somewhere between 6 and 8, depending on WA and CO. Ried has won. The gubernatorial landscape, outside of gains in MN, CA, and VT gains, has been a wipeout-- IL is pretty tight.

Around 2:30 est, the House number is going to wind up at about 66, the Senate number at 7 (maybe 8), and the Governor numbers are likely ending at 18 Dem and 31 Rep, and 1 Indy. Everything about what I predicted numberwise. Pot will not pass-- what a pipe dream. Lieberman will stay a Dem, ha.

Tags: (all tags)

Comments

wow

2010

isnt a tidal wave or a tsunami -

its a tornado!

by changeagain2012 2010-11-02 08:28PM | 0 recs
Blowout states

Indiana, Virginia, New Hampshire.

Manchin wins. WV 1st very close. Looks like could be a bit lower numbers than what Gallup said overall, but big states to come.

by Jerome Armstrong 2010-11-02 08:49PM | 0 recs
forget his politics

i like Manchin

good.

obamas pet congessman from UVA - the only house member he campaigned for is down and seemibgly gone.

uh oh.

guess obama was right when he told - he was gonna be the difference in 2010 because they "had him"

---

from jake tapper 1/25.2010

Rep. Marion Berry, D-Ark., fears that these midterm elections are going to go the way of the 1994 midterms, when Democrats lost control of the House after a failed health care reform effort.

But, Berry told the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, the White House does not share his concerns.

“They just don’t seem to give it any credibility at all,” Berry said. “They just kept telling us how good it was going to be. The president himself, when that was brought up in one group, said, ‘Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’

Asked today by ABC News’ Yunji de Nies if the president said that, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs pleaded ignorance.

“I have not talked to the president about that,” Gibbs said, employing one of his favorite dodges.

Gibbs seemed to suggest that he shared that view, whether or not President Obama said it.

“I hope it's not newsworthy to think that the president hopes and expects to be an effective campaigner in the midterm elections,” Gibbs said.

by changeagain2012 2010-11-02 09:00PM | 0 recs
yay!

caroline kennedy loses again in NY!

by changeagain2012 2010-11-02 09:01PM | 0 recs
RE: yay!

I didn't know she was running?  What are you talking about?

by Dameocrat 2010-11-03 08:27AM | 0 recs
RE: Election 2010 Thread

Celebrating losses of democrats while opposing a progressive indy in chafee.  You are an enigma inside a riddle wrapped in a quim.

by lojasmo 2010-11-02 09:25PM | 1 recs
RE: Election 2010 Thread

I DONT WANT ANY DEMOCRAT TO LOSE!

IM A YELLOW DOG AND EVEN VOTED FOR OBAMA

im commenting on how inept obama and his political team are when they dont have the entire press corps holding his head above water.

and im very, very glad my Kristen won in NY.

shes the best!

by changeagain2012 2010-11-02 09:31PM | 0 recs
RE: Election 2010 Thread

chafee is a repub to me.

it was obama that seems to have given away one of the few states that we COULD have won tonight.

hes got the reverse midas touch for democrats.

and i call bullshit to your claim that Chaffe was the better progressive choice...

my brothers in the IBEW KNOW what they are doing!

this all had to do with Obamas "friend" and what was best for his pal

by changeagain2012 2010-11-02 09:36PM | 0 recs
Out west

Out west, are we gonna see it go strongly one way or the other. Big night for Republicans, but not the massive swing yet.

Rand Paul seems like he's been set free, lol. Quite the phenomenon.  Watching MSNBC during that was pretty funny.

by Jerome Armstrong 2010-11-02 09:51PM | 0 recs
RE: Out west

CNN  at 9"20 is calling for 52 plis GOP pick up...

that would be the third largest history.

wouldnt that define massive swing?

now im praying for Sestak...

by changeagain2012 2010-11-02 10:26PM | 0 recs
My district

My district congressman voted for healthcare reform. Somehow nearly everyone that voted for him in 2008 showed up and voted for him again. He not only blew his competition out of the water - he won in double digits.

I don't know how the rest of the nation is going, and I'm not really sure I care. What I'm most grateful for in this country is the incredibly large turnout. I really did see alot of the same faces at the polls.   Alot of us voted.

I'm a happy camper. :)

by Trey Rentz 2010-11-02 10:07PM | 0 recs
RE: My district

nice.

whos your critter?

by changeagain2012 2010-11-02 10:27PM | 0 recs
RE: My district

One interesting fact. In another district - the dem that ran, tried to say he wouldn't vote for it - and went so far as to attempt to distance himself from everyone there who voted for it-

Guess what? He was clobbered. And he was a multiple term incumbent.

by Trey Rentz 2010-11-02 10:31PM | 0 recs
RE: My district

any hints what their names are?

by changeagain2012 2010-11-02 10:47PM | 0 recs
RE: My district

come on

i wanna hear the

Good News!

by changeagain2012 2010-11-03 01:31AM | 0 recs
good news

deval patrick wins in a three way in MA.

so if Obama runs for President of Massachusetts - he's a lock!

by changeagain2012 2010-11-02 10:29PM | 0 recs
till tonight

8 out of ten swing governors were Dems

after tonight

9 of 10 belong to the GOP.

and as to RI which was always ours?

Obama gave that one away...

by changeagain2012 2010-11-02 10:32PM | 0 recs
RE: till tonight

awfully myopic view of the situation.

if only Caprio didn't make a deal out of the non-endorsement situation, he might, and I stress the might have been a tad closer in his failed bid.

He was another bad Democratic candidate in the Northeast.

by likespolitics 2010-11-03 10:43AM | 0 recs
RE: till tonight

are you awake?

caprio was AHEAD in RI until Obamas vist.

AHEAD

do you know how many governorships we lost?

its worst than the bloodbath in the Congress.

before last night we had 8 of 10 swing statehouses

now the GOP has 9 of 10

on this - youre a fool - just like your dear leader

by changeagain2012 2010-11-03 12:55PM | 0 recs
RE: till tonight

what i find amusing about this post is how you talk about how many "governships we lost" but then you talk about me being a "fool, like my dear leader". What was the post you responded to about?

my first suggestion for you would be to take a nap, or a sedative. Then I would urge to be a bit less black and white about how you read someone else. You have no idea what my political compass is like. What I can promise you is that I am not reactive.

We were talking about Caprio, no? He was a bad candidate. Few people would disagree with this assessment regardless of how you felt about his politics.

by likespolitics 2010-11-03 01:35PM | 0 recs
RE: till tonight

caprio was AHEAD in RI until Obamas vist

the dem party and unions spent millions to elect him

and this foolish president and his foolish followers gave the state away

that was dumb as dirt

by changeagain2012 2010-11-03 07:20PM | 0 recs
RE: till tonight

You think Obama's neutrality in the governor's race lost the race for Caprio? Please. Very few people would have noticed the president's apathy if not for Caprio flipping his lid and acting like a child.

Bad candidates will find ways to make non stories into days-long news cycles. Caprio was a bad candidate and the voters' decisions is my proof.

by likespolitics 2010-11-04 12:37AM | 0 recs
RE: till tonight

the idea that obamas actions in RI were "neutral" is ridiculous.

yes, his actions (and caprio's response to them) flipped the election.

it is ridiculous to think that people in RI wouldnt have "noticed" Obamas betrayal of the Democratic party

Lord - the RI press flipped out over it before Caprio's response - heck - that led to Caprio's response,

Bad presidents will find ways to make stories into days-long news cycles.

so tell me are you a Democrat or a obamocrat?

by changeagain2012 2010-11-04 11:27AM | 0 recs
RE: till tonight

Obama's staying out of the race completely is in it's very essense neutral. He would have been partisan if he had endorsed the Democrat (or Chafee for that matter).

As far as the question of me being an "obamacrat", what are you, three? Feel free to ask that question like an adult.

I'm not sure why you keep sticking up for Caprio. He was a bad candidate. If you come in last place, in the most Democratic state in the union when you're the Democrat, you're a really, really bad candidate.

by likespolitics 2010-11-04 12:53PM | 0 recs

(Woman's Voice speaking) Mr. President, I have a Mr. Ken Starr in the lobby. He wants you to come down and bring all your legal team with you. He says that if you don't have a legal team he would suggest that you call up Bill Clinton and get his impeachment team together. Mr. Starr commented that since you got most of your team from the Clinton presidency, you should find a good impeachment lawyer among them too.

Mr. President, while I am not an political expert, my guess is that Mr. Starr is here to give you some kind of Congressional impeachment papers....I was here when he showed up and did that to Mr. Clinton....

by hddun2008 2010-11-02 10:47PM | 0 recs
RE: January 2, 2010--It's 10am in the morning when the White House Receptionist Rings Mr. Obama

been there,done that.

these guys have NOOO idea whats coming for them.

by changeagain2012 2010-11-02 11:08PM | 0 recs

First, I don't believe that or anything like that will happen. But second, given there is absolutely no chance that the senate would convict, I'm not exactly sure why I am supposed to care.

Gridlock is what we should be hoping for. If trumped up hearings (which will just paint the Republicans as extremists who are every bit as out of touch as the president) bring on gridlock, then bring on the hearings. Without gridlock, Obama will (continue to) give away the store.

by Romberry 2010-11-03 01:24AM | 0 recs

theyre gonna investigate him to death.

theyre not dumb enough to impeach.

but he still will be dead.

the question is - in his arrogant selfishness - will he take the party (whats left of it) down with him?

by changeagain2012 2010-11-03 01:27AM | 0 recs
what a tease that early lead was

Toomey takes the lead in PA. Kirk takes the lead in IL.

Was Chicago and Philly returning early.

by Jerome Armstrong 2010-11-02 10:51PM | 0 recs
What a freaking disaster!!

The President based his entire campaign and his first two years on his personality. His followers, at least the die-hard one, had a cultish attitude about them. Well you reap what you sow!! The party goes down in flames to satify the vanity of one man.

by tarheel74 2010-11-02 11:16PM | 0 recs
RE: What a freaking disaster!!

you said it brother!

by changeagain2012 2010-11-03 01:33AM | 0 recs
The Senate looks likely to hold at 6.

I don't see the math for Buck and Murray looks like she will hold on.  So, the Senate loses were contained.  Had the Repubs run bettr candidates in NV and DE, it would have been an 8 seat pick up.  The Dems got lucky.

by bookgrl 2010-11-03 08:29AM | 0 recs