The Grayson route

Via TP, Grayson believes we will get a reconciliation amendment to put onto the current form of HRC, to pass the bill. Chris Matthews replies that Grayson lives in some other reality-- the netroots (whatever that means):

I should also note that Alan Grayson sent out an email the other day with the title "OMG" on it, which caused me to open it up.

Tags: netroots, Alan Grayson (all tags)

Comments

My cards are on the table.

Grayson's dreaming. Matthews is right.

That's my bet. Any takers?

by QTG 2010-01-23 11:59AM | 0 recs
I'll bet you the drink that's owed me here

An amendment will happen in reconciliation. The timeline is before the end of Feb.

by Jerome Armstrong 2010-01-23 01:48PM | 0 recs
nah

this is too vital. Matthews looked afraid, he fears the death of the media meme of the "shocking death of the Democratic Party, rise of the Republican Party" so he's desperately trying to dissolution and demoralize Democrats who are trying to push for this path.

It might take some time and some negotiations on how it'll happen, and some promises in the reconciliation amendments, but it'll happen.

by ND22 2010-01-23 01:54PM | 0 recs
Oh dear, another month or two....

You will notice people are still talking about HC. This the day after the SC gutted 100 years of laws and Obama proposed breaking up the big banks. Weeks will drag onto months and before we know it will be campaign time and everyone will say "let's delay this some more so the voters can decide". And then it will be Nov '10 and the new GOP-blue dog majority will kill anything except cuts to Medicaid and SS.

by vecky 2010-01-23 01:54PM | 1 recs
HCR is a dead duck

Neglect by Obama doomed it from the start. I'm actually respectful of Pelosi of how she handily moved it thru the House only to see Obama and Reid pussyfoot around with the huge HC Lobby milking them for millions of dollars in money for future campaigns. Obama is a great campaigner/speaker/lecturer. But he is either an awful/naive or ???? political strategist.

Here are some of his biggest blunders:

1. Shortly after the Nov 2008 elections  Obama went AWOL even though 2 very important Senate seats were still up for grabs i.e. Georgia and Minnesota in runoffs.  Barack simply shut down his election operation which could have been used to turn out the vote in both states. I was working in Georgia in Nov. 08 election and we had a huge voter turnout in the Black districts --- up to 98% of the voters--it was gratifying and it justified our hard work.

But then we appealed to Obama to bring in money and Top Gun politicos to help with the Saxbe Chambliss / Martin election. Chambliss is a total rightwing jerk and could have been beaten. Martin wasn't too hot but he had a chance.

Obama and his team threw us under the bus. Martin lost and the Republicraps got the Senate seat.  Did you know that since Obama didn't care to help out Martin in that Senate election that we only got 20% turnout in the runoff by the black voters. Obama could have turned them out. He shut down and as a result Martin got screwed.  I don't think the Republicraps could have asked for a better choice than Obama--he went from regular guy in tune with the problems of all of us to an elitist who lives in the White House coccoon and rides in limos and flies in AF One around the world.

2. Many of my friends in the campaign for Obama are like me--fed up with his lackadaisical political work and lack of drive to push out the Republicans. He makes great speeches but doesn't do sh*t to help out with party building. Up to Dec. 2008, we were building in almost every state. Now we are retreating like Napolean from Moscow.

I'm fed up and finished with Obama. I'll work for a serious reform candidate like Hillary (should she run in the 2012 primaries) or Howard Dean if he's in in 2012 but if Obama is the candidate, my fellow Democrats here and me are staying home on election 2012.

Do any of you now really believe that Obama got all his funding thru small internet donations in 2008? The way he sucks up to bank/Wall Streeters, I seriously doubt that now but I did believe it then.

Why should we work so hard for a guy whose biggest accomplishment was staying away and watching the Republicraps take away Ted Kennedy's seat.  He should be ashamed -- not even a word about it has come from the White House. The biggest loser is Obama.....

by hddun2008 2010-01-23 03:35PM | 0 recs
You lost me

at the non-existent Minnesota Senate runoff election

by ND22 2010-01-23 05:43PM | 0 recs
RE: You lost me

He lost me at Pelosi "handily moving it thru the house"... did he forget all the work of Waxman or Stupak? I mean really Pelosi as great as she is deserves to be knocked over the head for Stupak and denying single-payer a vote.

by vecky 2010-01-23 10:10PM | 0 recs
RE: HCR is a dead duck

Did he help Tom Allen's Senate campaign (which was also horrifically run, from what I heard) in Maine, where he won 61% of the vote? 1/3 of Obama's supporters voted for Collins, and other than the stimulus, has voted against him on everything - I doubt they intended that.

He ended up with $18 million - which was transferred to OFA. Not to mention all money spent in NC, Indiana, etc were completely wasted.

There is no such thing as a mandate (at least for Dems); resources should have been used in Senate races.

by bay of arizona 2010-01-23 10:14PM | 0 recs