Obama Records Video For Coakley

President Obama relased a video for Martha Coakley today. As Jerome urged earlier today, it does indeed focus on the importance of 60 votes and Coakley as a change agent. Chuck Todd asks a good question, though: "Does this Obama video for Coakley mean he's NOT going to Boston on Sunday or Monday?" And if not, does that mean the White House thinks Obama being blamed for a Coakley loss is more likely than Obama boosting Coakley to a win? Or are they just more focused on Haiti and other such issues? Either way, the video won't hurt. Once you've donated to Haiti, if there's anything left over, donate to keeping 60 votes.

Tags: MA-Sen, Martha Coakley, Barack Obama (all tags)

Comments

Chuck calls this one right

he used to be a Harkin guy, he gets this

by 2010-01-14 03:11PM | 0 recs
RE: Chuck calls this one right
I don't buy the meme though. it's not like Obama is worried about "being blamed for the loss" - NJ and Corzine being a case in point.
by vecky 2010-01-14 05:02PM | 1 recs
I'm making calls this evening.

The OFA site is very well organized and easy to use. I'm very impressed.

I think Obama coming to Massachusetts at the last minute would be a huge mistake (especially with Haiti). It's very risky for him, and I think it has very little reward.

He doesn't need to take credit for a Coakley win. Bill Clinton will be here Friday with John Kerry, and Bill is more popular (right now) than Obama (remember, Hillary won this state handily). It adds to the aura of desperation around the Coakley campaign. Brown's base is energized based on disapproval with Obama, even though the majority of people in this state approve. It didn't work in NJ or VA. In fact, it might have had the opposite effect. I love Obama more than life itself, but living here, I think the best thing to do is project confidence going in to the final weekend, and a surprise Obama visit won't help to that end.

This video is meant to scare people like you and me into making calls. And it has worked for me.

* * *

<A HREF="http://www.bluemassgroup.com/diary/18361/exclusive-bmgresearch-2000-poll-coakley-leads-4941"&gt;A new research 2000 poll out shows Coakley 49% Brown 41% with 5% undecided and 5% voting independent</A>. I don't know if Research 2000 is accurate. This poll was taken after the Rasmussen and PPP polls which captured Brown's surge. It was only n=500. Do you guys know if there is any validity to this poll?

by NoFortunateSon 2010-01-14 03:35PM | 1 recs
RE: I'm making calls this evening.

Q. Do you guys know if there is any validity to this poll?

A. Not yet.

by QTG 2010-01-14 04:30PM | 0 recs
RE: I'm making calls this evening.
Didn't Obama or Biden host a fundraiser fro Owens in NY-23 and not actually campaign for him in the District? BTW why should Obama take the blame for Corzine's loss in Jersey? that was just another mess that he inherited, right?
by spirowasright 2010-01-14 05:13PM | 0 recs
RE: I'm making calls this evening.

Biden was sent to campaign for Owens. But it was not a sudden last-minute thing. The dynamics are slightly different. Owens ran a good campaign, spending a lot of time talking to upstate NY'ers and put in good debate performances. It's clear from the debates and general campaigning in MA that Brown has beat Coakley in both. Maybe not by enough to make it a knock-out blow but enough to make it close.

by vecky 2010-01-14 05:47PM | 0 recs
RE: I'm making calls this evening.

I'm not sure he won the debates. He comes across as kind of a turkey.

But his camapign has been spectacular, if not completely dishonest.

by NoFortunateSon 2010-01-14 10:20PM | 0 recs

Obama should not go to Boston.

by lojasmo 2010-01-14 09:58PM | 0 recs