Obama Snubs Fox News

It hurts to be at Fox.

The president is going to appear on five Sunday talk shows - five - to press his case for health care, White House officials disclosed. That is a presidential record.

Mr. Obama is going to appear on This Week with George Stephanopoulos on ABC. And Meet the Press on NBC. And Face the Nation on CBS. In between, he is going to sit down for interviews on CNN and Univision. (Fox News didn't make the cut).

To be honest, I didn't even know that Univision had a Sunday show (did you?) -- but that isn't stopping the President from taking to that network (along with four others) instead of Fox News. Then again, considering that "Fox News Sunday" draws less than half the viewership of its nearest rival, CBS' "Face the Nation", perhaps it's not such a surprise that the President is skipping the conservative net's Sunday flagship.

Tags: Barack Obama, Fox News (all tags)

Comments

Re: Obama Snubs Fox News

I didn't know Univision had a Sunday show either, but I am very familiar with Sábado Gigante.  Isn't everyone?

by Steve M 2009-09-14 03:22PM | 0 recs
Re: Obama Snubs Fox News

That show makes me wish I still smoked pot.

"Donde esta la bibliotecha CAP'N CRUNCH yo la tengo importante CRUNCHBERRIES esta lunes mis novelas...."

by Jess81 2009-09-14 08:41PM | 0 recs
Hmm

I'm reminded that when the Democratic candidates boycotted the Fox debate, Bill Maher called them all pussies for running away from the opposition rather than sitting down with them and taking them on.

I wonder if that still stands with him.

by DTOzone 2009-09-14 05:31PM | 0 recs
Re: Hmm

It probably does, but I'm beginning to think that Bill maher is mainly a professional malcontent.

by spirowasright 2009-09-14 09:46PM | 0 recs
He is

Maher is, in fact, a professional malcontent.  Which makes him quite valuable as someone who can tell truth to power.

by Dracomicron 2009-09-15 06:19AM | 0 recs
Re: Obama Snubs Fox News

Honestly - I love Obama. I mean really - what the hell more could we ask for? I know many argue he should have more cajones - but honestly, coming off as an angry black man will inspire the racists.

He is doing a very very good job considering the shit hole he was given to lead.

As a Hillary supporter - I'm glad Hillary is not having to go through this crap by the wing nuts.

I know many of us are hell-bent on getting that public option (i'm one of those) - but really, I will support my president - no matter what - he is GREAT.

by nikkid 2009-09-14 06:30PM | 0 recs
Re: Obama Snubs Fox News

There is no bigger platform than Fox News for Obama to push his agenda.

A star is born on Fox news for every controversy that is manufactured , ask Glenn Beck....

by lori 2009-09-14 07:02PM | 0 recs
Re: Obama Snubs Fox News

They're just going to ask him about ACORN and whatnot.  What good does that do anyone?

by Jess81 2009-09-14 08:45PM | 0 recs
Re: Obama Snubs Fox News

I guess if there was some guarantee that the discussion would be serious and relatively cordial, I'd wonder why he didn't, but considering Fox News' bent, marginalizing that outfit wouldn't be such a bad idea.

by spirowasright 2009-09-14 09:50PM | 0 recs
Re: Obama Snubs Fox News

There is no upside in catering to that pack of ignorant malcontents (fox news viewers)

by lojasmo 2009-09-15 03:26AM | 0 recs
Re: Obama Snubs Fox News

He's not doing Iron Chef either.  Like FOX, the Food Network is purely an entertainment channel.

by fogiv 2009-09-14 10:02PM | 0 recs
Iron Chef White House

Instant success.

by Dracomicron 2009-09-15 06:26AM | 0 recs
Re: Obama Snubs Fox News

George Will, et. al., protest that we see too much of Obama on TV.  That is a sure sign that he is very effective there, and that he should do more.

by Bob H 2009-09-15 03:46AM | 0 recs
Re: Obama Snubs Fox News

Personally, I'd like him to go on Fox, just so they can't complain about it.  But Univision is more important anyway for reaching people that he might actually be able to have an impact on.

by redguard57 2009-09-15 06:46AM | 0 recs