Howard Dean to Anchor "Countdown" This Week

Over at Twitter, Amanda Terkel passes on this news:

Howard Dean guest-hosting MSNBC's Countdown on Tuesday and Wednesday. (via @Jarvis_J and @mediagadfly)

It should, at the very least, be interesting television worth tuning into. I don't know that hosting a nightly news program is Howard Dean's calling -- not everyone has what it takes to bring it every night, every week. But for two nights this week, I certainly know that I will try to watch.

Tags: countdown, Howard Dean (all tags)

Comments

FYI Thats 8 PM ESDT

I am not sure how they do this, if they keep Pacific Standard Time -

But thats 8 PM ESDT for those of us that don't have cable. tues. and wednesday.

by Trey Rentz 2009-07-27 05:27AM | 0 recs
Re: FYI Thats 8 PM ESDT

MSNBC is a live feed, so it's 5pm on the East Coast. However, it repeats later in the evening for multiple viewings.

by Nathan Empsall 2009-07-27 12:06PM | 0 recs
Headline: Democratic Comedians

How long after 8Pm EDT will the first REPUG talking point come out comparing Dean to our newest Democratic Senator, Al Franken?

I'll go for 8:20 PM EDT, and I will go UNDER for that time!

by barkleyg 2009-07-27 06:51AM | 0 recs
Re: Howard Dean to Anchor

Alll Riiiight!!

My Chairman (sadly, "former") is going to make toast of the obstructionist GOP and lickspittle Blue Dog scum who are denying the American people a chance at dignity and security.

Dr. Dean has been in my view THE most effective spokesman for Healthcare Reform in the history of teh modern day Democratic Party, and he should continue to debunk the myths and boogimen that have been the main strategies used bythe Healthcare cartels to block and then destroy reform.

I can't WAIT!~! And then, of course, Rachel and her kitchen-table common sense.  I have a feeling we are going to make some serious inroads into the evening cable news domination by the screamers to the droolers.

by dembluestates 2009-07-27 07:45AM | 0 recs
Re: Howard Dean to Anchor

strong voice, to be sure. I am deeply concerned over the fact that the reform legislation got delayed.

according to the watchdogs like open secrets, the lobbyists are spending north of 1.4 million dollars each tic of the clock and the more time they have, the more senators they're going to try to pay off to kill the legislation

We need to be sensitive about the effect that lobbying has on both sides of the aisle, when someone walks into your office and drops the keys to a new porsche and goes.. "omg, are those your car keys?"  it can really get down to what kind of a person you are, and not what party you belong to.

That said.  One thing uncle howie has going for him, is he's pretty focussed on fixing things that are wrong. I guess you get that from your profession sometimes, medicine just does not
tolerate well mischief.

GL here. I will try to get over and fix my mom's piano so I can see this thing tomorrow. Peace.

by Trey Rentz 2009-07-27 09:40AM | 0 recs
Re: Howard Dean to Anchor

They don't want it killed... on the contrary, they VERY MUCH want Baucus Care and the 43 million new captive customers they can get....

they just don't want a public option...

by LordMike 2009-07-27 10:19AM | 0 recs
Re: Howard Dean "Countdown" This Week

These are a few numbers I ferreted out, places where we can go with healthcare  -

http://www.mydd.com/story/2009/7/27/1444 4/0465

FYI. Enjoy.

by Trey Rentz 2009-07-27 10:11AM | 0 recs
Re: Howard Dean to Anchor "Countdown"

It podcasts, if you're busy during both the airing and the repeat. That's how I'll watch it - no commercials.

by Nathan Empsall 2009-07-27 12:06PM | 0 recs