NY-20: Tedisco (Campaign) Death Watch part deux: Concession Tomorrow?

Speak of the devil. Looks like a concession could come as early as tomorrow.

A finish line could be in sight in the race for the 20th Congressional District. With the numbers not looking good for Republican Jim Tedisco, sources tell Capital News 9 that Tedisco could concede to Democrat Scott Murphy as soon as Friday afternoon.

There are less than 1,000 paper ballots unopened, and Democrat Scott Murphy is leading with nearly 400 votes.

County election board workers were in Albany Thursday morning, reviewing a group of 200 votes here. Official numbers will be reported later. On Saturday, 600 ballots were counted in Saratoga County. Those numbers have not been reported yet. All of this leaves about 800 ballots to be opened.

Sounds like the only way Tedisco does not concede tomorrow is if the ballots shift toward him in a really dramatic way in the next 15 hours or so. Doubtful.

You watching, Norm?

Tags: jim tedisco, NY-20, scott murphy (all tags)

Comments

Wasn't this supposed to be the go no-go vote

On Steele?  If Tedisco lost, he was toast?

Not that I want him to go, I kind of dig the hip-hop street wise full out with it Republican party; I guess that is why Newt Ginrich and Dick Cheney are always on TV?

Great job, Mike, putting that totally new face out front!

by WashStateBlue 2009-04-23 03:36PM | 0 recs
Re: Wasn't this supposed to be the go no-go vote

I say leave that up to the base of the Republican party.  I think Steele is great, honestly.  I think he should be the chairman for the RNC for as long as he can remain viable, politically.  But I'm not a Republican, so take that for what it's worth (probably worth not too much).

by West of the Fields 2009-04-23 08:23PM | 0 recs
Re: Wasn't this supposed to be the go no-go vote

Indeed it was to be Steele's final verdict, but there's only chirping crickets way over on the right side, right now.

by billcarsonbill 2009-04-23 08:25PM | 0 recs
Re: Wasn't this supposed to be the go no-go vote

Watch for the concern trolls to say that a Murphy victory is terrible, just terrible for Democrats, and that it would have been better had we just let Tedisco win.

by Khun David 2009-04-24 01:55AM | 0 recs
WOW: A Repug who knows when to call it a day

And people said it would never happen.  A Republican who knows, both morally and politically, that there is a proper time to see the light, and not drag out the will of the people for one's party's benefit.

Now, I can't see this as being the rule in the future, but much more likely as the exception to the Repug pattern of delaying the official results to close, losing elections.

by barkleyg 2009-04-23 05:23PM | 0 recs
Norm Is Blind

To all things D[d]emocratic....

by Zeitgeist9000 2009-04-23 05:51PM | 0 recs
"Tedisco has earned right to run again"?

How in the blazes has he done that? He blew at least a 12 point lead if you dismiss the repub internal +21 poll as bogus, and I do. But a 12 point lead in a district that, while recently trending dem, has many more registered repubs than dems, resulting in a virtual tie and ultimate loss, doesn't impress me as a candidate I would want running in a regular election, where dem turnout is likely to be even higher than in this election

by Davidsfr 2009-04-23 07:42PM | 0 recs
Tedisco has earned right to run again?

You need to understand the current criterion to be fully qualified to run for office as a Republican today:

1.You haven't insulted Rush Limbaugh.
2.You haven't been CAUGHT having gay sex in a public restroom...caught being the operative word.

by WashStateBlue 2009-04-24 08:49AM | 0 recs
Re: NY-20: Tedisco (Campaign) Death Watch part deu

I really hope that Tedisco concedes today.

Link back: http://natchgreyes.blogspot.com/2009/04/ fridays-updates-and-insults.html

by Natch 2009-04-24 08:55AM | 0 recs