Sunday Funnies and Open Thread

Two clips for your enjoyment, both skewering Fox News.

The first is Saturday Night Live's take on how Fox News covered Tuesday's election results. If it can make both Jonathan Singer and a conservative West Point friend of mine laugh, you know it's got something goin' for it. (Joe Trippi, if you're reading, what did you think?)

And the best for laugh - Jon Stewart's shining moment, one of the Daily Show's best ever clips. Seriously, this may be the greatest style parody I've ever seen.

Consider this an open thread.

Tags: daily show, Fox News, Glenn Beck, Open Thread, Saturday Night Live (all tags)

Comments

FYI

The Hulu clips just show a blank screen to overseas readers with the doleful message, "We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States."

by Shaun Appleby 2009-11-08 01:24PM | 0 recs
Re: FYI

I'm sorry. :(

NBC and Comedy Central also put the videos on their own network websites. Maybe those will be accessible?

by Nathan Empsall 2009-11-08 01:29PM | 0 recs
Re: FYI

Yeah, it's a problem, thanks.  Probably some IP thing.  The Comedy Central clips used to be almost impossible to view overseas as well.  I actually get The Daily Show on cable in Australia in near real time, so no worries there.

Sadly You Tube, with all of it's IP issues, remains the most viable means of viewing clips universally in regard to access and performance.  Kos' video library works a treat as well.  I have had CNN, NBC and ABC video feeds all crap out from time-to-time due to internationalisation issues.

No biggie, just wanted you to know.

by Shaun Appleby 2009-11-08 01:35PM | 0 recs
Re: FYI

On the other hand, you get to live in Australia. That's a reward in and of itself.

by Charles Lemos 2009-11-08 05:11PM | 0 recs
Re: FYI

Amen, brother.  I ain't complaining.  Last week my kid got really sick, was down to emergency with him and they did two blood pathologies and a chest x-ray.  They had the results from the x-ray while we waited and the blood test results by the time we got home.

Total cost, five bucks for a week's routine of antibiotics at the chemist.  No one ever asked me for my ID, never mind a health insurance card.

And the rains have come at long last.  Frog serenades and the blessing of abundant, rainforest-soaking rain.

by Shaun Appleby 2009-11-08 10:47PM | 0 recs
Re: Sunday Funnies and Open Thread

works for me. didn't Olbermann also pull up a no-show from his "day job" that night? Those two deserve eachother.

by Jerome Armstrong 2009-11-08 05:41PM | 0 recs