Congressman Keith Ellison on Gaza

Democratic Congressman Keith Ellison of Minnesota, the first and one of two Muslims now in the US Congress, talked to Al Jazeera's Shihab Rattansi about the Israeli offensive in Gaza and why he feels so few US politicians understand the Middle East. Whatever your views on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, I think it important to listen to alternative voices. Congressman Ellison is one such voice.

Tags: Congressman Keith Ellison, The Gaza Conflict (all tags)

Comments

we support peace

not one side or the other, what a smart position and I hope the Democratic leadership takes it.  I'm ashamed of my party, and not for the first time, but this is beyond rational, it's criminal to kill people who have no where to run and no where to hide. It's a Dick Cheney hunting trip.

by anna shane 2009-01-07 02:58PM | 0 recs
Re: Congressman Keith Ellison on Gaza

"...only Muslim in the US Congress"

Isn't Andre Carson (D-IN) also a Muslim?

by hockubs 2009-01-07 03:27PM | 0 recs
Re: Congressman Keith Ellison on Gaza

Thanks, I took Al Jazeera's word but I will update the post. Thanks.

by Charles Lemos 2009-01-07 03:33PM | 0 recs
Re: Congressman Keith Ellison on Gaza

yeah he is. There are currently two Muslims in congress

by GayTeen4Obama 2009-01-07 03:30PM | 0 recs
i support peace!

what a great way to put it.

i would only disagree with congressman ellison about one thing though namely that the world doesn't know the palestinian narrative. they most certainly do.

by canadian gal 2009-01-07 04:36PM | 0 recs
Re: Congressman Keith Ellison on Gaza

I' am praying, Keith can facilatate a real conversation, with his House Congressional collegues and continue this inlightening about the plight of the people, Palestinian and Israeli, alike.

They are victims and The UN who started this mess, has to step in with a Multi-National and Palestinian force and clear the country of weapons.  Only, forces, that do not include the Plaestinian people in there battle field shoud be allowed to enforce rule, wehter elected or not.

Israel wants peace and will not fire iinto Gaza, unless provoked.

by Ministerbruce 2009-01-08 02:07PM | 0 recs