Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Video: "Hey guys, I'm not the guy. See ya."

I'll take him at his word. He goes golfing...

Obama supporter BTD on TL:

If Kaine or Sebelius is the pick, I have to say I think Obama no longer is a shoo in and in fact is not much of a favorite anymore. An amazing turn of events I think. All Obama has to do to insure victory is pick Hillary Clinton as his running mate and he refuses to do it. Just amazing.

Haha, jeralyn had her graphic ready:

I'd agree with her assessment of how its going to happen:

Even though I never believed Obama would choose Biden. Maybe he'll surprise us and choose Hillary. I don't have opinions one way or the other about Bayh or Kaine. I still think his pick is going to be the result of his internal polling and focus group testing combined with who can bring in electoral votes in a swing state.
CBS says the announcement will come on Friday afternoon. That's pretty tight timing, just 3 days prior to the opening of the convention.

Tags: joe biden (all tags)

Comments

Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

How is that different from anything all these VP contenders say to get off the hook from speculations.

CBS reported Obama would name his VP on saturday in Springfield.

If he is going to name the VP that close to the convention , it could be Clinton.

by lori 2008-08-19 03:17PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Has Hillary ever come out and said directly that she wasn't the one?  Yesterday I read that she told some advisors recently that she had "moved on."  Is that the same thing?

by mtnspirit 2008-08-19 03:35PM | 0 recs
It's gonna be someone with name recognition

Which narrows it down to Clinton, Biden, Clark or Gore.

by BrighidG 2008-08-19 04:16PM | 0 recs
I would think it will be Kerry or Daschle -

their only hope to get to the presidency at the end of Obama's term and the only way they could achieve it and the sole reason for their support over Clinton!

by suzieg 2008-08-20 12:18AM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

I think you're forgetting the "Bill" factor, and then Hillary, although she portrayed herself as a war queen (e.g., Iran), is not likely to overcome the prejudice of being a woman. Just what military experience, Obama's weakness, does she really have? A trip to Korsova with her daughter?

It has to be a military man to overcome McCain's best suit. Just my opinion.

by MainStreet 2008-08-19 04:49PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

I need a drink; I'm so firsty!

by XoFalconXo 2008-08-19 03:17PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Think you were a little late there, buddy.

by Covin 2008-08-19 06:29PM | 0 recs

Nader says it's Clinton - http://www.politico.com/news/stories/080 8/12652.html

by politicsmatters 2008-08-19 03:18PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Armando's been warning of Obama's demise for months if he doesn't pick Clinton, as you no doubt know.  Really, I can't imagine that you randomly pulled one of his quotes to emphasize your point.

by rfahey22 2008-08-19 03:18PM | 0 recs

Taylor Marsh.

Armando.

Maybe Jerome can link to other concerned "Obama supporters".

by spacemanspiff 2008-08-19 03:26PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

What's funny is that Armando is simply referred to as an "Obama supporter," when he's been giving the same song and dance literally since June.  It's not like this is some recent opinion on his part, yet it's presented as some fresh angle.

by rfahey22 2008-08-19 03:34PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Armando is as sharp as a hammer.

by Jess81 2008-08-19 03:53PM | 0 recs

This just in....

Obama supporter Jerome Armstrong thinks Barack Obama is toast if he doesn't pick Hillary as his VP.

by spacemanspiff 2008-08-19 03:59PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

You don't have the luxury of being an idiot here, so quit trying so hard.

by Jerome Armstrong 2008-08-19 04:01PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

I forget you're the only one who has that luxury around here.

by spacemanspiff 2008-08-19 04:05PM | 0 recs

Gentle Hoss,

Somebody might have a hissy fit...

by AntiStipes 2008-08-19 05:43PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy" (1.50 / 2)

You don't have the luxury of being an idiot here, so quit trying so hard.

by Jerome Armstrong on Tue Aug 19, 2008 at 08:01:30 PM EST
[ Parent | Reply to This |

Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy" (2.00 / 12)

I forget you're the only one who
        has that luxury around here.

Obama/Clark (still dreaming)
        by spacemanspiff on Tue Aug 19, 2008 at
        08:05:09 PM EST

That's quite a disparity.

Spaceman - Jerome is gonna cream you for this.

by AntiStipes 2008-08-19 06:47PM | 0 recs
Projecting?

"You don't have the luxury of being an idiot here, so quit trying so hard."

It's a luxury only one has here.

by Glaurung 2008-08-19 04:12PM | 0 recs
Is this snark?

Serious question.

by chrisblask 2008-08-19 04:56PM | 0 recs
Jerome and HRC

Jerome, you've exhausted your credibility on all things Hillary Rodham Clinton.

You'd help yourself to just not mention her.

Nobody's making you write about her, right?

by Carl Nyberg 2008-08-19 05:33PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

This is the reason I only read this on my googlereader anymore instead of going to the site so you don't get ad revenue.

by kasjogren 2008-08-19 05:57PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Where are those site guidelines about content free posts and personal attacks?

by duende 2008-08-19 06:25PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Sorry. Just reread your comment. That wasn't an insult - that was a threat.

by duende 2008-08-19 06:32PM | 0 recs

Yea, good catch.

by Jerome Armstrong 2008-08-19 08:04PM | 0 recs

Dick.

by AntiStipes 2008-08-19 09:14PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

So which bit of 'progressive community' should I scrub out? Any ideas for replacements?

by duende 2008-08-20 03:06AM | 0 recs

Both words.

by Jess81 2008-08-20 03:59AM | 0 recs
"Regressive Autocracy?"

by chrisblask 2008-08-20 06:08AM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

So why don't you go back and read the thread?  Seems to me a whole string of attacks against Jerome are taking place here, and a whole lot of big mojos attached to them.

What am I missing here duende?  Is Jerome the only one on this blog site who is no longer allowed to express his opinion?

What a bunch of snotty posts these are.  Just thought I'd add one of my own.

by mtnspirit 2008-08-21 03:50PM | 0 recs
Ya' know, enough is enough

So, this comment is just hokie dokie:

Yelp, one AssClown sticking his foot in his big yapper is more than enough for any one campaign.

And Barry's got that down, Homie!

No consequences, no rebuke, just a valuable Democratic Voice (Huzzah!).   Let's just forget the rules:

Candidates and politicians are fair game (but that doesn't mean you can use inflammatory language against candidates).

Of course it doesn't, unless that candidate is Senator Obama, in which case it's just good ole free speech, right?  "Assclown", "Barry" and let's not forget he's black, right "Homie!" - this is not "being Republican trolls" according to the rules of the site, it just happens to use exactly the kinds of words, thoughts and intentions of a Republican Troll.

I'm sure if this was 2004 it would be dandy to call Kerry an "Assclown" on this site.  I'm sure Gore could have been called the same, and in 1996 and 1992 if Bill Clinton had been called a "Cracker" the administration of this site would see that as nothing more than fair speech.

But I'm also sure this site has a future past the end of this month, so obviously I'm not much of a judge of these things.

by chrisblask 2008-08-19 06:32PM | 0 recs
Re: Ya' know, enough is enough

Dude!  This is about page hits, not politics!  Wise up...Jerome did...

by AntiStipes 2008-08-19 06:40PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Really?  You got a quote for that?

by Jess81 2008-08-19 04:01PM | 0 recs

Here you go!

http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/5/13/1842 51/009

by spacemanspiff 2008-08-19 04:10PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

LOL.  Good times on mydd, that was.

by Skaje 2008-08-19 04:27PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

That really is the dumbest thread EVER on mydd.com  I think Jerome has about 5 in the top 10.

by deepee 2008-08-19 05:16PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Yea, Obama playing the preener Bush role, that was funny...

by Jerome Armstrong 2008-08-19 08:06PM | 0 recs
That's a helpful attitude,

and barring kos' "McCain's Teeth" rant, it was the most pointless FP post I've ever seen. Even a fellow Hillary supporter could tell that much.

So how about this... Let's just go ahead and call him OBambi like the alegre crowd and be done with it, shall we? 'Cuz that's what all the bitter, scornful losers cool kids are doing.

Then we can make fun of Edwards combing his hair.

by sricki 2008-08-19 09:06PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

The spin get faster and looser as it nears the finish line.

by Glaurung 2008-08-19 04:09PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Your're equating BTD with Taylor Marsh? I guess that's your prerogative. But why not try discussing the guy's point instead of trying to blow him off as a concern troll or whatever.

by JohnS 2008-08-20 06:51AM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Yeah, Talk Left is the scariest blog on the planet. About two weeks before Obama won the nomination, they were still arguing about whether Obama was good enough to be Clinton's VP. It was crazy.

by Lolis 2008-08-19 05:20PM | 0 recs
oh....

... I can think of one or two that are scarier, and that would still host that discussion

"It's not over, gang! Not by a long shot!"

by BlueinColorado 2008-08-19 07:27PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

I am finding a potential Clinton pick exciting but don't buy that it insures victory. Like all vp picks, she has strengths and weaknesses.

by politicsmatters 2008-08-19 03:19PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

She's has plenty of strength:

by Zeitgeist9000 2008-08-19 03:28PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

That is actually almost offensive.

by mady 2008-08-19 03:34PM | 0 recs

almost?

by JDF 2008-08-19 03:37PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Well, have seen worse this season but is pretty bad.

by mady 2008-08-19 04:22PM | 0 recs
How has HRC lifted Obama?

I can see a cartoon like this for Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas.

But HRC didn't do anything that set up Obama.

by Carl Nyberg 2008-08-19 05:37PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Ah, WSJ editorial cartoons (hotlinked, no less!).  They're the picture book version of mindless right-wing bloviation.

by username 2008-08-19 06:00PM | 0 recs

it's wesley clark?!?!

Obama/Clark '08

by tomanderson13 2008-08-19 03:20PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

I don't see how Obama does better than Clark. Can bring a well informed critique of the war, not a DC insider, no long paper trail of cozying up to rich donors (like Biden or Bayh), has shown he's not afraid to take on the media (remember his throw-down of a Fox news blowhard in 04?) or McCain on his own turf -- and something of an olive branch to the Clintons (not that I think that matters at all).

The lack of buzz about Clark to me is astonishing, but I'm hoping it means the Obama campaign is going to once more prove the CW wrong.

by desmoulins 2008-08-19 05:01PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Clark is a Democratic party darling.

His views on POW experience not counting could easily backfire.  If every retired GOP leaning general for example came out against his statement is would be an overwhelming blow.

That one quote sidelined him.

by dtaylor2 2008-08-19 05:26PM | 0 recs
Clark was thrown under the bus, remember?

from talkleft.com:

Report: Obama Tells Wesley Clark "No Thanks"
By Jeralyn, Section Elections 2008 16, 2008 at 05:10:20 PM EST

Steve Clemons at the Washington Note reports that Sen. Barack Obama's campaign has told Gen. Wesley Clark his services aren't needed at the Democratic National Convention in Denver. Clemons adds in an update:

I have reconfirmed with General Wesley Clark's office that he has not been asked to play a role at the Democratic National Convention. His staff have told me that while his schedule remains tight, he would rearrange his schedule to help play any constructive role on any days of the convention if asked.

If true, I guess that means Clark will not be the Veep candidate. Too bad. He would have been a great choice and brought a lot to the ticket in November.

by suzieg 2008-08-20 12:28AM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Biden certainly doesn't reinforce the "change" theme, but it's hard to see how someone with the last name Clinton does, either.

I'd like to see Warner chosen.

http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/8/19/1915 35/983

by danielj 2008-08-19 03:27PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

She's not just someone with the last name of Clinton.  A female VP would be a huge change.

by mtnspirit 2008-08-19 03:39PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Not to mention an extremely qualified woman, ehh?

by Ignored and Disgusted 2008-08-19 05:02PM | 0 recs
He's going to play it safe - no way would he chose

a woman - too much change - cannot have an AA and a woman on same ticket - you only compound two negatives - people  who will not vote for an AA or for a woman or for someone named Clinton - He's not going to be bold because he's a same old politician playing it safe!

by suzieg 2008-08-20 12:31AM | 0 recs
Funny...

isn't that why Mondale chose Ferraro?

As long as the veep isn't effing evil like Cheney, I will consider that a most excellent change indeed.  Gender is irrelevant.

by Elsinora 2008-08-19 06:57PM | 0 recs

OBAMA/CLINTON

His internal polling HAS to show that this is the ONLY guarantee of a WIN.

by nikkid 2008-08-19 03:31PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

If you knew what his internal polling "HAS" to say than you would be too busy working for the campaign to post here.

by JDF 2008-08-19 03:38PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Then its over because I am pretty sure the internal polling shows Hillary is the best bet.

This isn't going to be a one state election.

This is going to be a does America like Obama on election day election.

Hillary can make sure America likes Obama.

by dtaylor2 2008-08-19 05:29PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

"You're pretty sure" is not evidence.

by politicsmatters 2008-08-19 05:45PM | 0 recs
Funny you mention Hillary

Ralph Nsder is quoted in the Politico as saying it's Hillary. Of course, I'm not sure how he would know.

by RandyMI 2008-08-19 03:34PM | 0 recs
Re: Funny you mention Hillary

He doesn't.

by danielj 2008-08-19 03:38PM | 0 recs
Re: Funny you mention Hillary

Ralph Nader's talking for the sole purpose of getting attention for himself?

I can't believe it.

by TCQuad 2008-08-19 04:24PM | 0 recs
Re: Funny you mention Hillary

Will wonders never cease.  Next you'll be telling me Obama supporter "Big Tent Democrat" is pessimistic about Obama's chances.

by Jess81 2008-08-19 04:44PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

If the final shortlist really is Kaine, Bayh and Biden and Biden's out then i'm not happy.

Biden is the best of those 3 but that isn't saying much.

I'm still hoping its Clinton, but of the more realistic choices i'm hoping for Sebelius.

Gore or Clark would be great but they're even less likely than Clinton.

Clinton is the stand out choice. She was right from day one. She appeals to key demographics, she'd bring even more $, she'd bring foreign policy gravitas and she represents change just by being a woman.

by liberalj 2008-08-19 03:35PM | 0 recs
Agree and disagree.

I've commented on this before, but Clinton after the primaries was probably the worst candidate. She was an albatross. In a very metaphorical sense.

The albatross was a symbol of good luck until someone killed it, then he had to wear it around his neck.

Hillary was, for many, a symbol of hope and fortune. Obama killed her (candidacy). If he picked her right at the concession speech, she would've been hanging heavy around his neck for the last few months.

Separating himself from the primary, crafting his own campaign, he's been able to create "Obama for President" separate from her. Now, Clinton's just a VP potential, not "defeated Presidential hopeful". That's a good thing. Choosing her now (in the interest of choosing the right person for the job) is significantly less politicky than choosing her right after (in the interest of "unity") to the masses.

That being said, I don't know if it will be her and have said before I'm on board in pretty much any case (Obama/Seacrest would dissuade me). But I think time passing has increased her relative chances to a non-zero value.

by TCQuad 2008-08-19 04:36PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

... she represents change just by being a woman.

The problem is that she represents change only because she is a woman. Everything else about her is representative of old school politics. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's totally counter to Obama's message and judging by how important message control has been to his campaign, I just don't see him adding to that challenge with his VP selection.

by Thadd Selden 2008-08-19 04:53PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Jerome continues to push Clinton and moves that anyone else will lose the election.

The sky is blue.

by evantakesall 2008-08-19 03:42PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Why would Biden answer that question truthfully?

by Adam B 2008-08-19 03:50PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Are we even sure he knows whether he's been eliminated? Has Obama told people it's not them?

by TCQuad 2008-08-19 04:26PM | 0 recs

BREAKING: MSNBC reporting he may not pick until Saturday

by animated 2008-08-19 03:51PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

If Kaine is the pick, it would seriously harm the narrative that he is a smart man.

by RAULC 2008-08-19 03:59PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

I don't know. Rove seems to be going after Kaine. It makes me think he may be somebody Republicans are worried about.

by Lolis 2008-08-19 05:23PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Kaine really isn't anything special. I worked on his campaign in 2005 (volunteering) and was never overly impressed with his ability as a leader. He's a good governor, but not great. Tim Kaine is your "typical" (and I hate using the word--everyone is different) white male politician.

by Covin 2008-08-19 06:32PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

BTD, Obama supporter come lately, due to lack of other options.

by nextgen 2008-08-19 04:03PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Where "lack of other options" means "Hillary dropped out."  Yes, that was comically dishonest.  :)

by username 2008-08-19 05:48PM | 0 recs
Since the pick will be so late

I doubt seriously it will be Sebellius or Kaine for they just aren't known.

My money is on a known candidate and thus my money is on Biden.

by puma 2008-08-19 04:10PM | 0 recs
Anybody else notice?

Armstrong has a spat with kos and Obama loses 10 electoral votes.

by Glaurung 2008-08-19 04:14PM | 0 recs
Re: Anybody else notice?

Did this happen at some point? I came in too late to find out what the big drama was. Best I could tell by looking back is that Jerome got SERIOUSLY pissed when Obama pulled in Robert Gibbs.

by vcalzone 2008-08-19 04:28PM | 0 recs
Re: Anybody else notice?

It was actually quite subtle. Armstrong dropped by to say that he wishes he had enough free time to write a book like kos, to which kos replied that it's not as hard as it looks to write a book solo and Armstrong should try it sometime.

by Glaurung 2008-08-19 04:34PM | 0 recs
Re: Anybody else notice?

A bandaid won't cover that wound.  That's gonna need stitches.

by AntiStipes 2008-08-19 05:58PM | 0 recs
That's gonna need stitches.

You'd think the prospect of Bush's 3rd term would heal wounds rather than incite heels to wound.

by Glaurung 2008-08-19 06:08PM | 0 recs
Re: That's gonna need stitches.

Well, for most normal people it would.  Methinks, something else is going on here...jealousy.

Dr J -> Jerry Springer

Pretty sad, really. Must rankle him a little, that many others who can trace their roots here, have done so well.

by AntiStipes 2008-08-19 06:15PM | 0 recs
Re: That's gonna need stitches.

Continued personal attacks directed at BTD and  TalkLeft instead of discussing the merits of what BTD wrote. I guess certain Democrats have mastered the dark GOP arts. I was hoping we could get past a lot of this shit post-primary, but I guess not. Screw this.

by JohnS 2008-08-20 06:42AM | 0 recs
Re: Anybody else notice?

Kos is showing his colors.  Meow.

by mtnspirit 2008-08-21 04:05PM | 0 recs
Re: Anybody else notice?

When it comes to those two I'm color blind. But it just goes to show that people you'd think would be above the childishness which the rest of us indulge in really aren't.

by Glaurung 2008-08-21 04:21PM | 0 recs
Obama supporter mboehm on MyDD:

typical BTD hyperbolic noise.

What if Obama has not called the pick yet - as has been reported?  How would Biden know if he is it or not it?  I am fascinated though about why older women like Biden (except the older women of Iowa, I guess).

For Sebelius fans (and I'm one), it is the internal polling which could knock her out.  She was one of the biggest drags of the VP options listed in those SUSA polls a couple of months ago (the ones showing the biggest bump from an Edwards VP).  You have to admit this: Sebelius  would be one ballsy, OMG pick.

HRC is a tempting choice in many ways but get a grip!  The people pushing HRC cannot or choose not to see the negatives.

The good news is that McCain seems to be having just as much indecision making his pick - no great choices, all have negatives.

In three weeks, it is likely that the VP pick won't matter.

by mboehm 2008-08-19 04:15PM | 0 recs
Wrong Jerome

BTD is NO Obama supporter. Have you been over to that PUMA site also known as Talkleft?

Please.

by sweet potato pie 2008-08-19 04:15PM | 0 recs
Re: Wrong Jerome

Seriously.  You are not tossing that hot potato in our laps.  He's all yours.

by Jess81 2008-08-19 04:35PM | 0 recs
Re: Wrong Jerome

I'll second that.  I think talkleft is now worse than Hillaryis44.   You are not even allowed to say one positive thing about Obama without being labled a troll.

That site is no friend to Democrats.

by gavoter 2008-08-19 05:48PM | 0 recs
Re: Wrong Jerome

BTD has been an "Obama supporter" since early in the primaries, albeit one who has been critical of his preferred candidate's performance. And I see that still rankles a number of people here.

by JohnS 2008-08-20 06:48AM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Obama is not a "shoe in" whether he picks Hillary or not. But way to reinforce the Conservative meme that Obama is failing because he's not winning by enough yet! Panic! Arghhh! Only the clintons can save us!

No matter who he picks, its going to take the work of his supporters (the real supporters, not the ones that hinge their support on whether or not he picks their favorite veep candidate) to get it done.

by John in Chicago 2008-08-19 04:17PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Actually its going to take the votes of a united party to get it done.

Currently half the party is telling the other half that their votes don't count and they don't matter...

by dtaylor2 2008-08-19 05:34PM | 0 recs
"Half"?

Get real.

by username 2008-08-19 05:52PM | 0 recs
by dtaylor2 2008-08-20 09:05AM | 0 recs
Re: "Half"?

Grow up. Hillary lost. Her supporters votes counted, but they weren't enough.

by John in Chicago 2008-08-21 08:18AM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

It isn't just that Obama is a little sluggish in the polls, it's WHY he's sluggish in the polls. The entire rationale for not picking Clinton was increased turnout on the right, a chance to build bridges. Well, now McCain is taking 90% of his base and Obama needs his core. Suddenly, no reason NOT to take Hillary. If we can turn out 90% of the AA vote and around 65% of the female vote, it will be very hard to lose.

by vcalzone 2008-08-19 04:27PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

More importantly if we can make peace the future begins to look very very bright.

by dtaylor2 2008-08-19 05:35PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Mmmm....talkleft comments.  Read at your own risk.  It's like mydd around March.

by Skaje 2008-08-19 04:31PM | 0 recs
It's like mydd around March

Are you saying this site could possibly have been more anti-Democratic then?

by Glaurung 2008-08-19 05:00PM | 0 recs
Re: It's like mydd around March

Oh yes.  90% of the trolls left after Clinton lost.  What you see here is just a tiny reminder of the once powerful troll army that dominated the rec list (and I mean literally all five spots 24/7) with anti-Obama hysteria pulled right from freerepublic.  Nothing was considered too far, not even blatant racism.  And of course they were encouraged by the administration of this site.

The mydd of March was like an accident on the freeway, horrific but you can't look away.

by Skaje 2008-08-20 01:04AM | 0 recs
Re: It's like mydd around March

Nothing is worse than a sore winner. Really.

by JohnS 2008-08-20 06:59AM | 0 recs
Re: It's like mydd around March

An excellent description.

by Glaurung 2008-08-20 09:03AM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

I think its gonna surprise us.

So... why would they have a succession meeting in VA?  Well.. if Kaine were about to be promoted... to SENATOR, and he picks Mark Warner.

by Bob Beard 2008-08-19 04:34PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden is straight. He's not GAY!

I read it more as him denying he was "The Dude".

by TCQuad 2008-08-19 04:45PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden is straight. He's not GAY!

Indeed.  Biden abides.

by username 2008-08-19 06:00PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

Okay, I was amused before, but now I'm depressed.  If you want to know why this is an uphill climb, look no further.

I'm 27.  I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see anyone besides a white male get elected president.

by Jess81 2008-08-19 04:49PM | 0 recs
Darn kids! Get off my lawn!

You young whipper snappers! No gumption, that's what you kids lack! Elbow grease, it's what made America great even in the hard times!

Back in my day, we didn't have to deal with internet trolls. We had real trolls. We sent them back to the caves with pitchforks and torches and whatever pieces of destroyed machinery were handy, usually the rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion or the "cam".

Then we elected the person who was able to injure the most trolls. Who was ever able to do the most cam-paining, as we called it, became our next President whether man, woman, black, white, whatever.

So don't let these sissy internet trolls get to you! Go out there and fight!

Or ignore them. Unlike real trolls, they're really not that dangerous (though they can be really annoying).

by TCQuad 2008-08-19 05:02PM | 0 recs
Re: Darn kids! Get off my lawn!

You laugh, but when McCain was her age, there WERE real trolls. If he gets elected, look for him to set up a special task force of militant bridge inspectors.

by vcalzone 2008-08-19 06:30PM | 0 recs

What, Testicles?

Don't let him/it bother you.  He/she/it is too busy recycling snot to bother getting away from its keyboard long enough to vote.  Besides, with David Duke out of the running, Testicles won't have anyone to support.

-chris

by chrisblask 2008-08-19 05:42PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

What to you call a flying "Testicles?"

Airball.

by AntiStipes 2008-08-19 05:52PM | 0 recs
(d)

I'll save you the shorthand:

fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

If you want McCain the two of you can run off to an island together.  I hear the Bikini Atol is nice this time of year.

-chris

by chrisblask 2008-08-19 04:51PM | 0 recs
Obama has made his decision.

So all these self indulgent diaries about his VP are really quite pointless, except as McPuma pre-excuses for attacking him.

by Glaurung 2008-08-19 04:58PM | 0 recs
Re: Obama has made his decision.

LOL, were they ever anything else? Granted, I'm sure Obama pops his head in from time to time on various blogs, but he wasn't taking advice from anyone on a blog. Jerome might have spoken to a real person in a real context that may have influenced OBama in some way, shape or form, but posting on here is pretty useless.

Political masturbation mixed with the occasional call to action, that's all we're doing.

by vcalzone 2008-08-19 06:33PM | 0 recs
Re: Obama has made his decision.

And it's fun too!

I know I will be disappointed by his pick. Because then we won't be able to speculate about it anymore.

Actually Hillary would not disappoint me. But I will be very surprised is she's the pick.

But if she is, then it will be fun to read all the posts from the folks to don't like Hillary.

by carrieboberry 2008-08-20 01:42AM | 0 recs
And Barry's got that down, Homie!

by Glaurung 2008-08-19 05:02PM | 0 recs
Between Seliblus and Kaine, Seliblus by a mile

For me.

by ann0nymous 2008-08-19 05:04PM | 0 recs
Time to forget the presidency............

......and concentrate on Congress.  Let's make sure McCain is greeted by more Democrats in Congress come January.

by esconded 2008-08-19 05:11PM | 0 recs
I'll bite

Why is Obama's position so week that Democrats should write-off competing for the presidency?

Obama-strong: 214 EVs
Obama-lean: 50 EVs

McCain-strong: 122 EVs
McCain-lean: 58 EVs

94 EVs are toss-ups.

If the polling is correct Obama needs to hold the states currently in his column and win at least 6 of 94 of the remaining EVs. McCain has to hold his states plus win 90 of 94 of the remaining EVs.

Who is in a stronger position? McCain or Obama?

Aside from that, how do you convince people to get energized for Dem Congressional candidates if you believe the presidency is a lost cause?

by Carl Nyberg 2008-08-19 05:52PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

I think Clinton needs to the choice.   She is the only only that can help in ALL of the fore-mentioned toss-up states.    She has the national appeal.  Everyone knows who she is.  She also has the remnants of her primary campaign offices ready and set to help Obama.   I am sure her voter rolls, list of donators, and phone-banking info would be very helpful to Obama.

Also Obama seems to be someone who craves and loves the spotlight and media attention.  Thus it seems reasonable that he would want to create a headline by picking a rockstar.    If it ain't Al Gore or Bill Clinton himself...the only name that comes to mind that will rock the world is HILLARY CLINTON~!

Nothing against the other VP candidates but they offer little to table and chances are they may be a drag on the ticket.   Delaware is a SAFE state for remaining a blue state.   The assistance of Biden is not necessary on this front.

Tim Kaine has shaky issues with the NARAL movement that may not be beneficial towards Obama.  He also is relatively unknown.    The "WHO" factor may contrast with Obama's megastar status.

Kathleen Sibelius's Achilles heel is that she is a women who is not named Hillary.  Picking her may seem like a low-blow to Hillary and seen as an insult.    Not tom mentioned....even the most optimistic partisans will admit Kansas is a red state when it comes to national politics.

Evan Bayh is just too nice.  I am unsure if he is willing to be the attack dog against McCain.  It is also uncertain if his wife has been vetted.    Make no mistake about it.  The GOP and McCain's mud-slinging is only gonna get more intense.   If we follow Kerry's mistake 4yrs ago...and don't respond accordingly....we are a sitting duck.

by newmexicodem 2008-08-19 05:22PM | 0 recs

that Biden is doing what is best for his party and his country. He knows he'd bring nothing to the ticket, and he admits it.  I feel it being Hillary. In the end, Sebelius knows she would hurt Obama a lot within his own party and help him nowhere, and Bayh the same thing.

by Lakrosse 2008-08-19 05:32PM | 0 recs
Re: thank GOD

Biden would be a great pick and he has no idea if he is the pick yet since whoever it is hasn't been told.  He's very smart and great on his feet and is the leader in Congress on legislation to fight violence against women.

by politicsmatters 2008-08-19 05:49PM | 0 recs
Jerome's posts - ego meet subversive intentions

so what happens if dimwits like Jerome succeed in their quest for the ultimate schadenfreude and McCain is elected.  Will their delight be enduring as the consequences of another neocon Presidency sinks in?

by JCPOK 2008-08-19 05:43PM | 0 recs
Clearly, denile

isn't just a river in Egypt.

by IowaMike 2008-08-19 06:16PM | 0 recs
People prefer change, but

they question whether or not Obama has enough experience. Hillary has experince, but would be an equal amount of the same old-same old as Biden. And the Clinton name would totally ignight the still not really excited repug base.

Biden has the experience in droves, and will be a great attack dog. He also might come across a more change oriented than Clinton and less offensive to repugs because, well, he isn't a Clinton.

Baye has experience, but is a lousy attack dog.

Kaine and Sebellious(sp?) doesn't support Obama's area of weakness.

Logic says Biden.

by IowaMike 2008-08-19 06:24PM | 0 recs
Re: People prefer change, but

None of the candidates for VP are that impressive. Here's to hoping that the actual selection comes out of no where and surprises us all.

by Covin 2008-08-19 06:35PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden is straight. He's not GAY!

I believe that the phrase you are looking for would be "teh gay".

by vcalzone 2008-08-19 06:26PM | 0 recs

Blah...

Exactly what evidence do Hillary supporters have that confirms that picking her would be an "automatic win"?

Absolutely none!  Sure we'd get a momentary boost... a nice one at that... but, then the Republicans would unveil all their 8 years of opposition research, and she'll send up the same place she started in December, 2007... 5-8 points behind McCain in polling.

In the end, she'd be a drag, not a boost...

Don't forget that she ended that primary season with a 60% disapproval rating!

by LordMike 2008-08-19 06:41PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

I think BTD's argument is that a Clinton pick might go a long way towards uniting a split in half, angry Democratic Party for starters.

by JohnS 2008-08-20 07:05AM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

The reason I think he is gonna choose Hillary is because of all of the recent campaigning and travel she has made on behalf of Obama.   I mean why else would she be willing to stick out her time unless she is getting something in return.   Seriously, how many other folks out there would be willing to deal with rallies unless there is a political upside.

Just a couple months ago....the candidates were not exactly on cordial basis.   So what gives?  Why the turn of events and turn of attitude.  Sine Congress is on vacation....one would think Hillary would be taking advantage of the time off.   So why is she acting like she is still working and with a smile on her face to boot.

It just makes too much sense.....

by newmexicodem 2008-08-19 06:42PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

But how would you explain Bill going around making snide remarks?

by vcalzone 2008-08-19 08:42PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

I was banned by Jerome for a snark diary, and this asshole gets to stick around.

It's opposite day!

by AntiStipes 2008-08-19 07:12PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

You will NEVER get banned here making fun of Obama. What was your old name? Usually I can figure it out from the new screenname.

by vcalzone 2008-08-19 08:40PM | 0 recs

First one was Purple with Green Stipes and Pink Polka Dots Dem

And more recently as Snark Adam Excuse.

Oh, no!  Now that I've said it, will Jerome ban me a third time?

He doesn't like my sense of humor...or my snark diaries.

He didn't like my Mayonnaise diary this morning, so off I went...again.

by AntiStipes 2008-08-19 09:19PM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

I really don't get the people pushing Clinton. There is no doubt it would an absolute disaster and it ain't going to happen. Kerry told Obama he needs to pick someone he trusts and likes; Michelle had purportadly emphased the same thing to her husband.

The last two VPs have been tight teams that worked pretty well together(for both good and evil purposed). That's got to be Obama's model here.

Its going to be someone he trusts above all; we know he likes Kaine a whole lot, probably Daschel too. The question is how he personally feels about Biden, my own preference.

by alexmhogan 2008-08-20 04:26AM | 0 recs
Re: Biden: "I'm not the guy"

According to many sources, Biden has used the same turn of phrase for months when pried about being VP so the graphic may still be in effect.

by alexmhogan 2008-08-20 05:48AM | 0 recs
This post is a big smelly bag of bullshit.

Jerome, you really need to give it the fuck up.  In 2004 I really respected the work you did for Dean.  The difference between then and now is that EVERYBODY went to bat for Kerry at the request of Governor Dean.

Seriously.  Get over it.  Hillary on the ticket will completely demolish Obama's chance of electoral victory.

by lojasmo 2008-08-20 07:36AM | 0 recs