100 Days

Ben Smith reminds us just how close we are to election day: 100 days. Let's get to it. What will you be doing between now and November 4 to ensure that Barack Obama wins and is joined by a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate and an even more robust majority in the House? What will you be doing to help out in the down-ballot contests in your area, be they for the state legislature or county commission, or key initiatives? How many doors will you knock on and how many calls will you make? This election brings a great opportunity for change -- but only with real grassroots action. So what will you do in the next 100 days?

Tags: 2008, House 2008, Senate 2008, White House 2008 (all tags)

Comments

To Do:

Know the Election Laws in Your State.
Register Voters.
Distribute Absentee Ballets

Find your local Office:
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/s tatepages

Organize!!!

by gil44 2008-07-28 05:24AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

Complain about [insert pet issue here] for a 1000 Alex.

by enozinho 2008-07-28 05:39AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

A reminder that there are deadlines to be met before  November.  Help with voter registration will be needed most in August and September and absentee voting in September and October.  While election day GOTV is critical, don't wait until the last two weeks to volunteer if you have blocks of free time before then.

by grassrootsorganizer 2008-07-28 05:46AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

Also be aware that voters are being purged in several key swing states... we have to make sure all those new registrations end up being validated and make sure everyone who is registered, GETS registered... and everyone who thinks they are registered is actually registered.

by LordMike 2008-07-28 06:12AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

True dat.  Must.  Follow.  Through.

by fogiv 2008-07-28 07:46AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

Absolutely nothing and proud of it.

by Ignored and Disgusted 2008-07-28 05:53AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

Is that in life or just in this election.

by grassrootsorganizer 2008-07-28 05:58AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

Just this election......... and just regarding the presidential nominee....

by Ignored and Disgusted 2008-07-28 06:03AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

Nothing trollworthy in that comment, just FYI. If I'll vote (albeit reluctantly) for Obama but would prefer not to give my time to him, what is wrong with that?

by Ignored and Disgusted 2008-07-28 06:03AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

You will be making John McCain's life just that little bit easier.

He won't have to work as hard to sway the undecided voters you didn't call; he won't have to overcome a registered voter defecit you didn't help create; he won't have to overcome a monetary advantage you didn't contribute to; he can continue to capitalize on smears you didn't help refute; he can continue to spout ridiculous arguments you didn't help discredit.

by hotran 2008-07-28 06:14AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

If you vote for the Democratic candidate, that's already great. I can't vote for him. May I consider that you'll be voting partly on my behalf ?

by french imp 2008-07-28 06:25AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

You might try holding you breath till you burst or throwing youself on the floor thrashing around, screaming you've been ignored and your disgusted, whining you don't like our candidate and you didn't get what you want! This is politics like real life we can't always get what we want. Therefore if you get in the game you have learn to buck it up to work for the team!

by eddieb 2008-07-28 08:06AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

but if you try sometimes, you might get what 'cha need!

by gil44 2008-07-28 08:33AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

I register voters where I live, in Texas.

by Lolis 2008-07-28 05:54AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

I'm going to phonebank, donate, and put up a paid staffer in my home.

by politicsmatters 2008-07-28 06:15AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

You're the tops, PM!  Good stuff!

by fogiv 2008-07-28 07:49AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

Along with working with a very organized Obama campaign in North Denver....
Each Saturday I travel across town to GOP land in Aurora and work to elect Morgan Carrol. Though progressive, she won 2 elections to the State House and now running for State Senate. She is one of only 2 Colorado Politicians that spoke each mid-March when we gathered at our State Capitol to protest the Invasion/Occupation.

of course between now and the Convention I am working with these folks.

http://realdemocracy2008.org/index.php?o ption=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

I suggest there may be reasons, but NO EXCUSES for not becoming fully involved with a Candidate of your choice for a lousy 100 days/nights.
It take more than $$ contributions.

by nogo postal 2008-07-28 07:37AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

Help thwart the voter roll purges popping up all over the southwest.  The can't win, so they have to cheat.  Again.

by Jenius 2008-07-28 07:50AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

Go to Obama's Website and volunteer! I have held BO parties at my home, Organized BO canvassing, joined phone banking at our local Democratic Party offices! Obama's site is full of things you can do for his election effort. Check it out. Just a comment to those who like to tell us how the aren't voting or bad mouthing our Candidate, "f**k Off" we don't need your sour whining it serves no positive purpose, does it.

by eddieb 2008-07-28 07:58AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days

I'm going to continue to work hard to help elect Jeff Merkley here in Oregon. If I weren't on staff, I'd be spending as much free time as possible volunteering for his campaign. I think Obama will take Oregon. The Senate race is a tossup. That's why IMO, the most important race in Oregon is the Senate race between Merkley and Smith.

by Sarah Lane 2008-07-28 08:28AM | 0 recs
Avoiding Ben Smith for one.

I swear blindly flinging darts in a pitch black room produces better results then ol' Ben.

by notedgeways 2008-07-28 10:09AM | 0 recs
Re: 100 Days
The fate of the Human Race can be played out in this election.
All hands on deck.