by Jerome Armstrong, Wed Apr 30, 2008 at 07:11:34 PM EDT
This site went through a number of user being banned that were over the top Clinton supporters a few weeks back, and more recently (like today) with a number of over the top Obama supporters. And 'over the top' means a complete disregard for the guidelines of the site.
Here are the guidelines for the MyDD community:
- Users who are bashing or attacking any other user on the site, including authors of diaries and frontpage postings, will be banned. Candidates and politicians are fair game (but that doesn't mean you can use inflammatory language against candidates).
- Post as many comments as you like, but users that post comments that do nothing but name-call, denigrate the site users, or make inflammatory remarks will either be warned, or outright banned.
- Titles of diaries should not be inflammatory, call out other users or the site, and will be deleted if not edited out, and the user banned.
- Post only 1-2 diaries per day. No single or two-line diaries--if it's a comment, put it in a comment thread. Don't clutter the diaries with foolish commentary on MyDD itself. Do not create a diary that attacks another user.
- Do not troll rate (rating as 0) another user's comment unless it is a comment that is an attack on another user. Abusing this privilege will result in all your ratings being erased and/or getting a warning, or being banned.
- 'Trusted users' are those users that have 'mojo' and are able to 'review hidden comments' and can rate any of those posts hidden by a '0' ranking. If a trusted user deems the post should not be hidden, they can 'rescue' the post with a '1' rating.
- Users who are excessively bashing the Democratic Party, or being Republican trolls, will be banned.
- Users who are spaming the site with unrelated material or the like will be banned.
The administrating of MyDD is a group effort, and unfortunately we will fail to have the time to notice every case of abuse of the guidelines.