What A Year!

Bumped. Happy New Year! - Todd

Below is my Flickr slideshow of the journey that was the 2008 presidential campaign. It all started for me when I drove up to New Hampshire almost a year ago and concluded with Barack's election on Nov. 4th. Thanks to everyone who went on the journey with me. Join me for a trip down memory lane... (to see the details of each photo, enlarge the slideshow and then click the screen.)

And below is perhaps my most memorable moment of the year: the view from within Invesco Field as Barack Obama took the stage to accept the Democratic nomination.

What were your most memorable moments of the year?

Tags: 2008 Presidential election (all tags)

Comments

Re: What A Year!

The Obama Campaign must know about Jerome.

Otherwise, you wouldn't have gotten stuck in the Bob Uecker seats.

by Bush Bites 2008-12-31 11:15AM | 0 recs
Re: What A Year!

haha. well, Jerome called me before the thing started and was like "you wanna come down close?" but I declined. I was happy in those seats actually. look at that view!

by Todd Beeton 2008-12-31 11:53AM | 0 recs
November 4th

Obama's speech after he clenched the nomination.  I had tears in my eyes and I was jumping up and down for a long time.  I called everyone of my family members.

I am African-American and that moment was HUGE.

"Change has come to America".

by puma 2008-12-31 11:44AM | 0 recs
Re: What A Year!

What ever happened to that Edwards guy anyway?

by Bush Bites 2008-12-31 02:20PM | 0 recs
Re: What A Year!

Super Tuesday--even though it took nearly four more months to actually secure the inevitable, Obama became the favorite to win the presidency that night.

by esconded 2008-12-31 04:43PM | 0 recs
Re: What A Year!

Agreed.  Super Tuesday was bigger for me than Nov 4.  After Super Tuesday, I was damn near certain that Obama would be the next president.

by lojasmo 2009-01-01 03:59AM | 0 recs
sticking a toe back into 2007

It was a once in a lifetime year of highlights but to me the single most electric moment happened one year ago today - and to the hour.  That was the release of the final Ann Selzer poll of Iowa for the Des Moines Register on December 31, 2007 at about 9PM CST that showed Obama up by 7 over Clinton and 8 over Edwards.  It was nearly a year's worth of work to get to that point and the actual caucus three days later almost seemed like a formality.

by mboehm 2008-12-31 06:08PM | 0 recs
No single moment...

...but a seemingly unending succession of moments.

The Missouri Political Year in Pictures

by Michael Bersin 2008-12-31 06:19PM | 0 recs
Re: What A Year!

Sunday before election doing GOTV in Scranton.  Sunny day.  Turns out Scranton has lots of hills.  Pooped.  Feet hurt.  Placing hangers on doorknobs in a white working class Catholic neighborhood.  Walked down the steps of one porch and looked across the street. An African American teen gets out of his car on his way to his front door, looks over at us in our Obama regalia, and silently raises his arm and clenched fist high over his head in acknowledgement that work is being done.  Smiles all around.

by trf606 2009-01-01 07:13AM | 0 recs
Re: What A Year!

GREAT GREAT PHOTOS!!!

My Highlights: Meeting Hillary: twice in San Diego, twice in Philly, and twice in Denver. Meeting Bill: once in Houston, once in Philly and once in Portland. Meeting Chelsea: once in Houston, twice in Philly, once in Denver and hanging out with her 3 different times in Portland.

Plus - got to meet Gavin Newsome, Melanie Griffith, Christine Lahti, Eva Longoria, Sheila Jackson Lee, Gov Rendell, Mayor Nutter, Joe Scarborough, George Stephanoplis, Kathleen Sebelius, Matthew Modine, and one of my favorites Stephanie Tubbs Jones.

I came to realize not only that I love Hillary and Bill so much, but WHY. They are both truly great, great Americans and deserve to be idolized.

In spite of the bittersweet, unhappy ending to her run - I would happily join the "Sisterhood of Traveling Pantsuits" once more.

Oh Yeah....

And my new great friends here in San Diego - can't forget them.

by nikkid 2009-01-01 03:56PM | 0 recs