GA-Sen: 2 Days Out
by Todd Beeton, Sun Nov 30, 2008 at 03:46:09 PM EST
As we approach Tuesday's run-off, a lot going on in the Georgia Senate race.
- On Fox News Sunday today, Chris Wallace picked up on a moment featured in one of Jim Martin's ads in which Chambliss stated his version of "I really don't know that much about the economy." In the process, Wallace caught Chambliss in a lie trying to explain away his own ignorance.
- Laura Packard has another entry in her "On the bus with Jim Martin" series. Read it at Blog For Democracy.
- The Alaska Daily News rips into Sarah Palin for campaigning for Saxby Chambliss:
The man who couldn't bring himself to serve in the military said a man who left three limbs behind in war was a weakling who would turn the country over to terrorists.
Chambliss was a congressman during the 9-11 attacks. Congressional Quarterly's "Politics in America 2006" noted that Congressman Chambliss "quipped that one route to security would be for local sheriffs to 'arrest every Muslim that comes across the state line.'"
So there you have the fine American that Palin is trying to re-elect to the U.S. Senate.
Gov. Palin's eldest joined the Army and has been deployed to Iraq. As a justifiably proud military mom, she might ask herself why she is using her conservative star power to support such a reprehensible Republican chicken hawk.
- Barack Obama may not be going to Georgia to stump for Jim Martin but his online and campaign infrastructure sure is contributing to the cause. Per this MyBO post, you can get cracking on making phone calls for Jim Martin from home HERE and you can find your local field office and sign up for a GOTV shift HERE.
- In Georgia or know someone who is? Jim Martin's website has all the voting info you could want including a link to the Secretary of State's poll location finder.
- And now for your moment of zen: