Thank you, Sarah Palin, for driving my never voted for a Democrat in her life Mom to cast her ballot for Barack Obama this year.

Why are you thankful to Sarah Palin?

Tags: Sarah Palin (all tags)

Comments

Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

thank you Sarah for being George Bush and bringing him into John's campaign. No one reminded voters more of George than Sarah. She's incurious, weirdly confident, she talks in mixed up sentences, she's giddy, she's George.  We got a chance to vote against George. If it wasn't the meltdown, it was the Sarah.

How many pugs stayed home?  Was it Sarah? Was it the reports of long lines, voter intimidation, lawyers? Whatever, quite a few just sat this one out.

So, thanks Sarah, for being, well, you know, just you (and George).

by anna shane 2008-11-27 08:01AM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

Thank you, Sarah Palin, for saving a turkey from the cone of death. Maybe those disturbing images will save even more turkeys.

by misscee 2008-11-27 08:13AM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

She brought the issue of rape kits to the forefront.

She revealed the ugliness and ignorance of the Christian conservative movement.

She inspired a lot of great comedy from Jon Stewart.

by Lolis 2008-11-27 08:19AM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

yes, but no one's funnier than she, all the jokes on her pale in comparison to the real her. she could have a career in stand up.

by anna shane 2008-11-27 08:23AM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

Thank you for being the REASON several very strong Republicans I know personally voted for President-Elect Obama.  Up until McCain's selection of Palin, they were all voting for McCain.

In that one decision, he lost their confidence and their vote.

by lilaruby 2008-11-27 08:28AM | 0 recs

Here's a new contest:

Who has the oldest "never voted for a Democrat but voted for Obama" parent?  I submit my father, age 91, who specifically tied Sarah Palin to his vote.  He got so discombobulated by the experience of pulling the Dem lever that he ended up voting the straight Democratic ticket. So yes, thank you Sarah Palin.

by Piuma 2008-11-27 08:33AM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

I can't top that for parents (curse you, youth!), but I can top the age over all.

My not-really-racist-but-a-product-of-her-g eneration great-aunt of 95: "I'm going to vote for that one because I could never vote for her."

by TCQuad 2008-11-27 03:10PM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

Thank you Sarah for saying you could see Russia from Alaska.  You helped deliver the election for Obama.

by nzubechukwu 2008-11-27 08:35AM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

Hey, what's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull?  I guess I am thankful it doesn't matter much anymore.

by ajx5000 2008-11-27 08:43AM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

The answer is on a pit bull, their mouth is their greatest asset...

by braised cod 2008-11-27 03:08PM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

Thank you, Sarah Palin, for being so ignorant and unqualified that you sent thousands of Independents and Republicans screaming running away from the Republican ticket to elect Barack Obama.

And please, do run for President in 2012.  It would be a challenge for you to remain as ignorant and frightening as your were this year after four more years as Governor of Alaska, but, I think you're up to the challenge.

Besides, 30 Rock will probably be over by then, and Tina Fey will need work again.

by Reluctantpopstar 2008-11-27 08:43AM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

Right up until the end of the video, I was expecting a punch line.

Why is it that even attempted sincere praise of Sarah Palin comes off as comedy?

by fsm 2008-11-27 08:46AM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

I thought I was the only one. I thought the 'moose chili' remark was the punchline until I saw the group pic in the end.

This reminds me of a legit Mitt Romney ad that SNL ran once, in it's entirety.

It got about 20 seconds of laughter from the audience.

by xodus1914 2008-11-27 06:01PM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

She truly is the Republican/Conservative who keeps on extremely giving extremes, she wants so badly to sound normal, middle of the road, salt of frozen Alaska earth, but she is the Republican, who keeps the bigoted Americans organized and attending her rallies.

I'll enjoy, watching the vermin haters scurrying out of the lime light, as their normal hiding places, fill-up with haters supremes and they sooth their hating bones with stories of muderous hate from long ago.

They'll remain there in hiding until some event brings their ignorance to the surface again and America believes, they have value, all because of a collective smiling pretty face, selling fear.

by Ministerbruce 2008-11-27 09:12AM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

Why does the right wing always produce such dorky videos?

And how much did they have to pay the black guy?

I'm thankful simply that she was so astonishingly ignorant--not dumb, I don't think--but a perfect example of how ignorant one reasonably intelligent person can be if they don't read and live in an ethnocentric bubble.

by Thaddeus 2008-11-27 09:40AM | 0 recs

My wife put it best.

"Sarah Palin isn't dumb...
She's just too dumb to be Vice President"

by xodus1914 2008-11-27 06:03PM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

Where did you get the idea that she was intelligent?

I ask everybody who says that to me and I've never gotten a real answer.

We know it took her five colleges to get a bachelor's in communications.

We know she was a dumb cluck everytime she gave an interview that required her to think about the job she was applying for.

Tell me: What makes her intelligent in your eyes?

by Bush Bites 2008-11-27 09:26PM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

To me, Sarah Palin represents the failure of Republican America. She's obviously a talented, bright, hard-working, driven individual. But she is so ill-informed and poorly trained that it boggles the mind. How can this great nation produces such leaders? The answer is that Sarah Palin is the product of Reagan's America.

by Charles Lemos 2008-11-27 11:30AM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

1) For keeping Comedians everywhere employed.

2) For saying and doing things that make at least 56% of the country shake their heads in disbelief at what they are hearing and then vote Democratic.

3) For scaring the hell out of Rudy, Mitt, John and anyone else who wants to compete with you with that turkey stunt.  It's like watching a rerun of the Godfather's horse head scene.  What a Message!

by NvDem 2008-11-27 12:42PM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

Thank You Sarah for helping in "part to raise 150 mil for Barrack in sept by your crazed rantings.

Btw anyone know what were the numbers for oct? should have been announced by now

by YourConcernsAreNoted 2008-11-27 12:54PM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

Thank you, Sarah, for continuing the dumbing down process of the Republican party into complete insignificance for the time being.

Thank you for furthering the remake into the party of ingorance, bigotry and hatred aimed at those who are not part of the "real America," are "those ones over there," without grasping that "those" make up the vast majority of Americans.

Many of the right-wing loons would be more than happy with a ticket made up of Sarah Palin for president and Joe the Plumber as her VP, a prospect so scary that it is reassuring at the same time.  Reassuring that the GOP will be in the dark desert for some time to come with perhaps a generation lost before they come to the right realizations and become competetive again.

by devilrays 2008-11-27 05:14PM | 0 recs

exact

by NY Writer 2008-11-27 07:46PM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

I'm thankful that she'll keep the Republic Party in their death spiral to the right for at least one more election.

by Bush Bites 2008-11-27 09:22PM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

They can't be serious with this ad.  They can't be THAT stupid.  Forget whatever assessment we may have of Gov. Palin's intelligence, the people who made this ad should be put for adoption!

by CLLGADEM 2008-11-28 05:55AM | 0 recs
Re: Thank You, Sarah Palin

For rocketing the talented Tina Fey to stardom.  She was already receiving much acclaim for "30 Rock" and the movie "Baby Mama", but her spot-on portrayal of the hapless Gov. Palin sealed the deal with America.

by pascal1947 2008-11-28 07:43AM | 0 recs