Tracking Poll Update: Nine Days

Diageo/Hotline5042
Gallup (Trad)5045
Gallup (Exp)5243
Rasmussen Reports5244
Research 2000/dKos5140
Composite:51.0042.50

We are 9 days out from election day. What are you doing to help enact progressive change in this country?

Tags: Tracking Poll Update, White House 2008 (all tags)

Comments

Making sure people vote

I have been hounding all my friends and associates to make sure that they go out and vote early.   Most already have.

by gavoter 2008-10-26 09:49AM | 0 recs
getting out the VOTE!

I'm in martin county Fl. a real repiglican hot house. I'm a Gotv team leader for my town Jensen beach fl. Obamas got a great organization, with motivated staffers. Were are presently emphasizing canvassing and phone banking. If your in this neck of the woods and want to join us email me <eddiebeckmann@gmail.com>

by eddieb 2008-10-26 09:53AM | 0 recs
Re: Tracking Poll Update: Nine Days

My wife is phone-banking out in San Bernardino, Ca.  They're calling Ohio today.

by nzubechukwu 2008-10-26 10:34AM | 0 recs
fundraising &amp; voter ID for No on Prop 8

The California state propositions are the closest races with significant impact (even nationwide, as with Prop 8), and the only ones that the good guys seem like we might lose, so that's where my $ and energy are going.

No on Prop 8 - all consenting adults should be able to sign a civil marriage contract.

No on Prop 4 - protect teenagers from having to get an abusive parent's permission for an abortion.

Yes on Prop 2 - torturing animals is evil.

etc. etc. etc.

by chiefscribe 2008-10-26 11:43AM | 0 recs
Re: Tracking Poll Update: Nine Days

I live in Arapahoe County, CO, which is really the epicenter.  I got a couple of coworkers to cover for me on election day (their contribution, I guess), and I just went down to local Obama office (4 or 5 in the county at this point) and committed to being a poll checker.  Means a 12-14 hour shift on election day and training next Sunday.

The hardest part of committing for me, I confess, was being away from the Internet until about 8PM MST.  Pretty pathetic, actually.  Anyway, I overcame my blogger addiction enough to commit to some real action.

by jmr1948 2008-10-26 12:54PM | 0 recs
Predicting the McCain lead

I still think there will be a McCain lead in one of the trackers (not one of the four listed, though).  Boy, there will be a lot of champagne uncorking if that happens.

I think the most likely candidates for a McCain lead will be Battleground and IDB/TYPP.

by esconded 2008-10-26 03:22PM | 0 recs
Going to NC next Saturday

I'm in GOP East TN. I'll be going to Waynesville, NC next Saturday for the last day of early voting.

by elrod 2008-10-26 04:33PM | 0 recs