More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

OK, I'm watching FoxNews and the "text your vote" poll says that 86% felt Sarah Palin won and 12% felt Joe Biden won. If that doesn't say everything you need to know about how out of the mainstream conservatives are I don't know what does.

What else you got?

Update [2008-10-2 23:48:29 by Todd Beeton]:Wow. Joe Lieberman on Fox News, selling his soul:

She hit it out of the ballpark. She proved that she is ready to be John McCain's Vice President. She was strong, she was competent, she was informed, she was very genuine. She was humorous.

Wow. That's the former Democratic Vice Presidential nominee ladies and gentlemen. Oh, here's more:

"There was a magic moment tonight when she said "Say it ain't so, Joe."..She and John McCain are the ticket for the future and Obama and Biden are looking back."

Update [2008-10-3 0:1:9 by Todd Beeton]:Joe Biden: on message:

Update [2008-10-3 0:4:11 by Todd Beeton]:Howard Fineman just likened Sarah Palin to a "wolverine chewing through plywood."

Update [2008-10-3 0:7:38 by Todd Beeton]:A tidbit from the CBS snap poll: Among their pool of uncommitted voters, after the debate 18% switched to Obama, just 10% switched to McCain. 71% remain uncommitted.

Update [2008-10-3 0:10:29 by Todd Beeton]:Chris Matthews: "Did we learn anything about Sarah Palin than her ability to recite?"

Update [2008-10-3 0:15:5 by Todd Beeton]:Roger Simon is seriously raving about Palin's performance tonight. It's really pathetic. Chris Matthews is trying to bring him back to earth but he's not having it.

Tags: VP debate (all tags)

Comments

Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Help me out here: what did the commanding general in Afghanistan REALLY say?

by Steve M 2008-10-02 07:46PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

That he doesn't believe a "surge" is a correct strategy--that he thinks the situation calls for a more sustained commitment:

[Afghanistan] has very harsh geography. It's very difficult to move around, getting back to our reliance on helicopters. It's a country with very few natural resources, as opposed to the oil revenues that [Iraq] has. There's very little money to be generated in terms of generated in Afghanistan. The literacy rate - you have a literate society in Iraq, you have a society that has a history of producing civil administrators, technocrats, middle class that are able to run the country in Iraq. You do not have that in Afghanistan. So there are a lot of challenges. What I don't think is needed - the word that I don't use in Afghanistan is the word 'surge.' There needs to be a sustained commitment of a variety of military and non-military resources, I believe.

by Jay R 2008-10-02 07:55PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

That's pretty clear.  Once everyone does their fact-checking tomorrow that's an issue where the McCain/Palin ticket is going to look very bad.

by Steve M 2008-10-02 08:00PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

She also got his name wrong - she said GEN. MCCLELLAN when its McKiernan.

by jmorton 2008-10-02 09:41PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Well, I will leave it to others to get all outraged about that.  I was more interested in the substance.

by Steve M 2008-10-02 09:44PM | 0 recs

Marc Ambinder

According to sources, in the official Democratic dial groups, Palin's lowest jag came when she said that Obama's plan raised the white flag of surrender....Sen. Biden was fairly even all evening, with a high spike when he talked about his single parenting... Palin had more high spikes and low spikes.

by RandyMI 2008-10-02 07:48PM | 0 recs
Did anyone else notice

the Frank Lunz group, for once, seemed totally out of sync with every other network's groups of independent voters? It was overwhelmingly in favor of Palin, both after and during the debate. He usually seems to have similar results. This really seemed clearly like a loaded deck. And, they are not showing any national polls besides their texting thing.

by IowaMike 2008-10-02 07:49PM | 0 recs
Re: Did anyone else notice

Hmmm, I wonder if the Fox execs showed him the rolled-up newspaper after his 1st debate focus group came out so strongly for Obama?

by itsthemedia 2008-10-02 10:24PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

You have to understand where Lieberman is coming from.  He's watching his political career disappear before his eyes, as the McCain-Palin campaign goes down the drain.  Desperation makes people see strange things.

by rfahey22 2008-10-02 07:55PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Yeah, you're right. We could make a sad list of the people who bet their entire reputation on Barack Obama losing this election by a huge margin.

by vcalzone 2008-10-02 07:57PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

A sad and long list, eh?

by Shaun Appleby 2008-10-02 08:14PM | 0 recs

Be nice

;-)

by xodus1914 2008-10-02 08:19PM | 0 recs
Unity the Unicorn sez:

Making lists of sad people is not helpful. Instead, make lists of happy people!

by itsthemedia 2008-10-02 10:28PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

It's easy to find that list all in one place - just go to the blog links on Alegre's Corner.  -rimshot-

by Jess81 2008-10-02 11:34PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

ayuh, Lieberman is all in now, he will likely be kicked from the Dem Caucus next congress, and has to face a president who won't be too inclined to do him any favors. Pair that with what will surely be a very difficult re-election bid next time he is up.. we may be seeing the end of Joe in the foreseeable future.

by notedgeways 2008-10-02 08:06PM | 0 recs
Re LIEberman

Things that make me smile.  He loses his seniority and his committee chair.  Even if he switches to Republican, he's back to being a junior member.

by GFORD 2008-10-02 08:25PM | 0 recs
Re: Re LIEberman

The Republicans may toss him a nice committee assignment for switching. After all, they may feel the need to filibuster a LOT of stuff.

If that happens, I predict he will retire in 2012 rather than run in CT as a Republican. There must be a whole lot of moderate Dems in CT experiencing industrial grade buyer's remorse over their 2006 votes.

by itsthemedia 2008-10-02 10:32PM | 0 recs
Re: Re LIEberman

I don't see him dropping his "Independent" affiliation. I don't think he could win a race without splitting the D/R vote.

by notedgeways 2008-10-04 02:10PM | 0 recs
Re: Re LIEberman

by notedgeways 2008-10-04 02:11PM | 0 recs
Re: Re LIEberman

In 2012, he will be 70 years old. If he really loses his committee assignments (never underestimate the Dem capacity to reward perfidy), he will have a decision. Run again as an independent in 2012 so he can extend his upcoming 4 years in obscurity to 12. Or take a deal from the Repubs to be ranking member of, say, armed services for 4 years, and then retire.

I do not know which he would choose, but it is not a no-brainer choice. There are + and - either way IMHO.

by itsthemedia 2008-10-04 06:41PM | 0 recs
I think he loses ranking member status when

he switches parties. I thought years of membership in the party and in the Senate was what determined rank.

But I could be wrong.

by GFORD 2008-10-04 09:55PM | 0 recs
You are probably right

as far as the tradition goes. But I doubt it is written in the Senate rules or anything. The Minority Leader (probably Mitch McConnell, unless he loses his reelection) would probably have to get permission from whoever is in line for the job to avoid intraparty unpleasantness. That means a cascade of horse trading and favors to make it happen. If McCain comes back from behind to win the WH, such a deal would be very possible, because lets face it, McCain owes Joementum a lot of favors, and would need all the loyal Congressional allies he could get. If McCain loses, the possibilities narrow a lot, because even though McCain still owes him, McCain's political capital will be less than zero.

But I am probably all wet.

by itsthemedia 2008-10-05 01:19PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

He was already persona non gratis, but he just finished the transition to Joe Lieberman (r)

by WashStateBlue 2008-10-02 08:11PM | 0 recs
Persona no gratis?

A person who is not free??  I think you mean Persona non grata.  I'll give partial credit for a leaner.  At least you attempted the Latin.

by NM Ward Chair 2008-10-02 09:19PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness
Well if he's watching his political career go down the toilet,as it should, then you would think that he would  at least have his eyes  wide open  and keep his trap shut.With that statement he just brought his career  a whole lot closer to the finish line and the hole he keeps digging for himself might just strike oil soon.AND if he  actually believes what he said,then he's delusional.
Either way  a piece of shit.
by Lodgemannered 2008-10-03 01:27AM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

One correction to your comments: Joe Lieberman doesn't have a soul to sell.

by royce 2008-10-02 07:57PM | 0 recs
Lie-berman sold his soul

long ago.

by NM Ward Chair 2008-10-02 09:16PM | 0 recs
Re: Lie-berman sold his soul

I believe the sale was finalized in late Nov or early Dec 2000, when as the Dem VP candidate, he began actively promoting the counting of military votes that were clearly cast after election day.

by itsthemedia 2008-10-02 10:37PM | 0 recs

man, this place is dead

fox news online poll says biden won 58-42%

by tomanderson13 2008-10-02 07:57PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Ha! But online polls aren't even reliable enough for American Idol to use.

by vcalzone 2008-10-02 07:58PM | 0 recs
I'll admit it

I like Palin; I thought she was adorable.

It looked even to me, which may work in our favor since we are leading by 5-8 points.  I hope the media doesn't focus on the sighs.

by Blazers Edge 2008-10-02 08:04PM | 0 recs
Re: I'll admit it

She was winking at YOU, my friend.  You know she was.

by Steve M 2008-10-02 08:05PM | 0 recs
I suppose she wasn't ever

going after HRC's voters eh?  She was going after the meathead contingent.

by Blazers Edge 2008-10-02 08:08PM | 0 recs
Re: I suppose she wasn't ever

There is a hardcore PUMA in my office, an older female professional, who is voting for Obama now because Palin just freaks her out that much.  I honestly couldn't believe it when she told me.

by Steve M 2008-10-02 08:10PM | 0 recs
Re: I'll admit it

Eeeeewwwwww.  Gotta wonder about your taste.  I thought the "folksy" stuff came of like a Hee-Haw skit.  Both fake AND dumb.

by fogiv 2008-10-02 08:10PM | 0 recs
Well, it's probably

because she's pretty different from most of the women in my life (there are a lot of them despite the amount of time I spend on this blog).

by Blazers Edge 2008-10-02 08:12PM | 0 recs
Re: Well, it's probably

What, your ladies can't field dress a moose?

by WashStateBlue 2008-10-02 08:17PM | 0 recs
They usually say thanks but no thanks

when I ask for them to go moose-hunting with me in Central and Eastern Washington.

How did the Gregoire-Rossi debate go the other night.  I have a feeling we lose that one.

by Blazers Edge 2008-10-02 08:18PM | 0 recs
Re: They usually say thanks but no thanks

Not good.  Christine is in trouble.

They are pouring the money into Rossi, she is one of the few Democrats with the wind in her face?

She needs tremendous Obama coat-tails and even then, not sure that is enough.

Dino will be a one termer, he is lazy as all get out.

I wonder who the dems run in 2012 against Dino?

Jay Inslee? Maybe Maria Cantwell is tired of being in the senate?

by WashStateBlue 2008-10-02 08:23PM | 0 recs
Re: I'll admit it

Men...Thinking with that little head again....

by WashStateBlue 2008-10-02 08:12PM | 0 recs
The winking was hilarious

My wife, my thirteen-year-old daughter and I were laughing our asses off at her winks. She started off well enough, but ended as the pageant queen she actually is.

I hope against hope she runs for president in 2012. I can hardly wait for the sequel to the grand comedy that is Mooselini.

by Spiffarino 2008-10-02 08:20PM | 0 recs
Re: The winking was hilarious

Yeah, Folksy and cute became clawing and grating at the end....

Wonder what happens when you wink at Putin?

Think he just melts at how adorable you are?

by WashStateBlue 2008-10-02 08:25PM | 0 recs
When you wink at Putin

he makes you his bitch.  Just sayin'...

by NM Ward Chair 2008-10-02 09:14PM | 0 recs
rec'd for Mooselini

She kept her future national political career alive by beating the lowest expectatons in history (and if she doesn't get censured in Alaska next year).

Huckabee has a competitor (and she would probably beat him).  We can only hope that there is a civil war between the Palin/Huckabee plain folks wing and the East Coast pointy head wing of the Republican Party.

by mboehm 2008-10-02 08:52PM | 0 recs
Re: I'll admit it

Yeah, the head cheerleader in high school seems adorable, too, until you ask her out!  Don't let her fool ya, man!  She's just like that girl in high school that you think likes you, but she's making fun of you behind your back and totally humiliates you when you have the courage to ask you out.

She's a "mean girl"... look at how horribly she treats her family...  she could care less about any of them... her husband, her kids.. they are all like cattle to her... that's all you need to know...

Look past the pretty face and you will see that she has a very dark and cruel soul.

by LordMike 2008-10-02 08:23PM | 0 recs
I'm with Obama

no pub would ever get my vote.  I'm just telling you man, I like her.

Tom Coburn, Hillary Clinton, Dick Lugar, and Joe Lieberman have gotten shout-outs in the first two debates.  Who else is going to get props?

by Blazers Edge 2008-10-02 08:25PM | 0 recs
Re: I'll admit it

Sounds like someone got rejected. Good job you're not bitter about it.  ;-)

But seriously, you are stereotyping outrageously. One of the nicest girls I knew in High School was a cheerleader. None of us know Sarah Palin well enough to make such statements about her inner persona. I am quite content to say I am diametrically opposed to her politically, and leave it at that. I do not think it is necessary or wise to make her over into a comic book villain.

by itsthemedia 2008-10-02 10:47PM | 0 recs
Re: I'll admit it

You can read her bio and see that politically, she is overambitious and like to stab former mentors in the back.
The fact that she has her Down's Syndrome baby up after 0930, just so she can get a photo op, says enough about her character.
And her pregnant 17 year old daughter?
Nowhere to be found....

I am an evangelical, and so is she.

We have NOTHING in common.

She is an opportunistic user. Period.

by xodus1914 2008-10-03 10:11AM | 0 recs
Re: I'll admit it

I definitely think she was a mean girl. My girlfriends and I watched the debate last night and she reminded each of us of the girls who used to pick on other girls, calling them "lesbos" or some other nasty names. We girls have a sixth sense for this stuff.

And I think the winking was beyond weird and idiotic. You don't even do that in an adult beauty pageant. That's how you behave when you are a 5 year old in a beauty pageant. Seriously, think about it. I'm just kind of shocked that a grown woman would do that, in a time when our economy is failing no less, and anyone in their right mind would find it endearing. I guess I'm pretty young and haven't been politically conscious for too long, but she is the most pathetic candidate for higher office I've ever seen.

by cecilybecily 2008-10-03 06:54AM | 0 recs
Re: I'll admit it

Now that you mention it, I wouldn't kick Todd Palin out of bed for eating moose.

by Jess81 2008-10-02 11:36PM | 0 recs
Regarding MSNBC Pundits...

Can we all agree that Roger Simon is a complete tool? Why is he on any other network besides Faux?

by Spiffarino 2008-10-02 08:16PM | 0 recs
"watching FoxNews"

I hope you have had your shots.

by thenurse 2008-10-02 08:17PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Biden was so clutch in slapping down that "maverick" theme.

by wasder 2008-10-02 08:26PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

I think she did a lot more damage to the McCain 'brand' than most pundits and posters are giving her credit for, sure she passed the low bar set for her but we'll forget all about that tomorrow.  Some of the policy frames she used are sure to make some Republicans squirm.  She sounded for all the world like she and McCain were running as independents, she disowned her own party, by implication, in ways that McCain would never have dared, she aligned the Republican platform with Democrats on same-sex civil rights and let loose with criticism of Wall Street and Washington which may be in line with the current anger in the electorate but which strikes me as a dangerous stretch for a Republican candidate.

This performace seems to add further credence to the perception of the Republican party in deep schism and crisis, and I think this is a problem for the McCain campaign, both with political insiders and the mainstream base who are seeking to rebuild their party not burn it down.

And I noted the emergence of a stupefyingly disloyal tendency for her to promote her reputation and agendas and leave attacks on McCain and Republicans in general hanging unanswered.  That's got to raise a few eyebrows, doesn't it?  She even pitched ANWR while tiptoeing around her alignment with the platform of her current leader.  Barracuda?  They're cannibalistic aren't they?  I'm guessing she is going to be watched pretty closely in future by certain people for signs of inappropriate political self-interest.  Just my two bob on the subject.

She sounded like she was running with Ross Perot.

by Shaun Appleby 2008-10-02 08:27PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Actually, the pundits are saying, that is the frame that the Repubs are going to spin:

Don't look back, Obama and Biden are looking back, we are the future instead.

Seriously. Hey, just ignore WE created this mess, it's those mean guys Obama and Biden who are keeping you in it, reminding you of it?

Come with us, we know the way out!

Seriously, here in WA state, Rossi WILL NOT call himself a (R) or Republican on any literature or TV ad.

He is Dino Rossi GOP.

I would not be surprised if that is what Palin starts calling herself, or just declares

Republican, that's just a label those guys are putting on us...

They are that brazen.

by WashStateBlue 2008-10-02 08:32PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Well, I understand that is the idea but she even seemed to be throwing McCain overboard from time to time, and left a lot of attacks on her principal dangling, maybe she just didn't have the ability to comeback but she didn't seem to care either so long as she could promote herself.  If I was McCain I would be relieved, on the one hand, and worried on the other.  She's acting like she thinks she's the top of the ticket sometimes, and this was one of them, it seems to me.

by Shaun Appleby 2008-10-02 08:39PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Well you have to know, like all evangelicals, she really actually detests McCain?

She would throw him overboard in a minute for real, given half a chance.

by WashStateBlue 2008-10-02 08:42PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Yeah, well it shows.  And at this point in the race she's not doing him, or herself, any favours on that point.  Loyalty does not seem to be her strong suit.

by Shaun Appleby 2008-10-02 08:43PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

After the Obama victory, there is a war coming for the soul of the Republican party.

The Mitt Romney/National Review/Kathryn Parker/East Coast Money crowd vs The Sarah Palin/Christianist/James Dobson/Pat Buchanan Culture Warrior crowd.

It will not be pretty.....

by WashStateBlue 2008-10-02 08:47PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Don't forget the Ron P4U1 Mountain West libertarian crowd and the Giuliani neocon crowd.  Or, for that matter, the George HW Bush foreign policy realist crowd.

If Obama wins (knock on wood) we're going to see the end of the Reagan coalition.

by mistersite 2008-10-02 08:52PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

And, FINALLY the death of the Southern Strategy.

by WashStateBlue 2008-10-02 08:53PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

It's cyclical.  They were slitting each others' throats from 92 until 94 until Newt Gingrich came along.  This has happened before.

The only thing that holds the Republican party together is a charismatic head.  You lose that and it's basically a debating society from Pluto - dudes arguing about who would win in a fight: a ban on gay people or a capital-gains tax cut?

by Jess81 2008-10-02 09:14PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Hmmm, it's ironic that she expressed admiration for Dick Cheney then, because that is the one area in which I want my VP candidate to emulate Cheney. In the VP debates, especially in 2000, Cheney took every question as an opportunity to promote W or attack the Dem Presidential candidate. Lieberman took every question as a chance to burnish his own credentials. He was basically throwing his hat in the ring for 2004.

If you go back and read the transcripts of the 2000 debate, Biden was playing Cheney's part, while Palin was emulating Lieberman. That's good for our side.

by itsthemedia 2008-10-02 11:01PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

No doubt, though I fear she seeks to emulate Cheney in other ways less salutary by a significant margin.

by Shaun Appleby 2008-10-02 11:11PM | 0 recs
Funny, I was over at the Cheetoh

and Kos is exhorting the bots to freep the polls. Guess it isn't working.

by usedmeat 2008-10-02 08:35PM | 0 recs
Re: Funny, I was over at the Cheetoh

Hey Meatballs....

No, you were confused (typical for you) that was Red State, and your fellow Dittoheads were trying decide is Sarah Palin the new Churchill or the New Reagan, or both?

I stay out of those polls, those wolverines will bite you finger off if you are not careful.

by WashStateBlue 2008-10-02 08:40PM | 0 recs
Laughing my ass off at Luntz

if there is a shift and that shift is to Obama.  This guy's focus group gave it 27-17 to Obama last week; now, his focus group is giving it overwhelmingly to Palin?  The guy is a pub but at least he ran an honest focus group last week; even if you think Palin did well, she didn't win 75-25.  What a joke, "watch the polls move."

by Blazers Edge 2008-10-02 08:47PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

I actually think she did pretty well for the many voters who respond viscerally more than intellectually.  A quote from MSNBC - "I think she stopped her own bleeding tonight.  I don't know if she stopped John McCain's."

by Drummond 2008-10-02 08:51PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

As I said above, I think in the back of her mind, she was playing for herself, for her leadership of the Culture Warrior wing of the party.

That is why, when she was singing the praises of McCain, it seemed half-hearted.

She doesn't believe it, she is playing for herself now. For 2012 and...

She wanted to solidify her spot with the base.

Mission Accomplished.

by WashStateBlue 2008-10-02 08:56PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Well, that was my original point.  It seems to undermine McCain's campaign now and have a negative impact on his election, just sayin'.  I'm surprised the pundits haven't mentioned this beyond Begala and Bernstein.

by Shaun Appleby 2008-10-02 09:02PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

The pundits did not notice it (as far as I can recall) when Lieberman did essentially the same thing in 2000. In a way it was more remarkable then, because Gore's goose was far from being cooked.

by itsthemedia 2008-10-02 11:14PM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Well, the pundits are going to try as hell to spin it for her, but their time is limited... for once, we get to step on John McCain's buzz, and that's going to be the bailout vote tomorrow which will consume the news all over the weekend...  thank goodness!

I talked to my wife and my mom... my wife was initially intrigued by the palin pick, but quickly soured on her... both my mom and my wife felt that it was obvious that she didn't know what she was talking about...

by LordMike 2008-10-02 09:03PM | 0 recs
She was better because.......

She avoided tough questions.

This should be the meme.

She avoided tough questions.

by jasmine 2008-10-03 03:12AM | 0 recs
Re: More Post-Debate Thready Goodness

Palin did her job last night as a talking head. The GOP crammed the script into her along with how to react to certain statements (I practically saw her jump a few times as though a key word was said & it was time for her to state a talking point).  She was very well rehearsed to do her thing which was smile, look into the camera, connect with the audience & get in a few pre-fab marketing slogans (ie say it isn't so joe) that would hopefully catch on.  The expectation was set so that if she managed to put a coherent sentence together the world would rejoice in surprise & delight.  And there you have it - she did.  On the opposite side was a knowledgeable career senator who attempted to discuss substance & throw in a few DNC marketing slogans (which were created by the DNC who are too busy concentrating on substance to be the marketing genius that the GOP machine is).  He showed up to actually have a debate & was not pre-fabricated. As a result he wasn't a talking head & from that point of view he couldn't connect the same way with the morons that are the swing voters like Palin (sorry to call them morons but if you don't have an idea as to what is going on you just aren't all there).

by jrsygrl 2008-10-03 05:09AM | 0 recs

jasmine, jrsygrl:

Totally agree re: Palin avoiding the questions etc.

But I think it's a mistake to dismiss Palin's performance, even if it was vacuous.

The fact is, the VP debate wasn't the train wreck (or NASCAR pile up) most people were predicting. And while Biden was great, the story of the debate has become, "Palin didn't screw up".

Sure, she might have dodged every question put to her and reverted to talking points, but like it or not that was smart strategy, given her apparent mental faculties....

Interesting clip here shows a media coach talking about the debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4vDcnAah Ak

He describes Palin's "bridging" - seamlessly jumping from the question to the rehearsed talking points.

We've all seen it and it's frustrating but works for most viewers!

There must have been some heavy coaching this week! As well as managing down expectations of Palin's ability...

Anyway - it allowed Palin to survive and shine (depending on who you ask) as the folksy, fundie, hockey/soccer/whatever mom that the right love to love.

by YBCsteve 2008-10-03 07:06AM | 0 recs