Hillary Clinton: Barack Obama Champion

As this third debate took place in Hillary Clinton's home state of New York, she was in attendance tonight and has been a prominent guest on the cable news post-debate shows. Here's what she had to say on FoxNews:

We have had an experiment within the last 16 years. Whose policies have resulted in more wealth for everybody to be able to srpead around? The Democratic policies. Once again, we're going to have a Democratic president when Barack gets elected who will get back to practical pragmatic approaches to helping grow the economy, create more jobs and giving everybody a chance to have more shared prosperity. [...]

From my perspective I thought it was very clear that Barack Obama has sealed the deal with the American voter and the American voter has decided to move on from the failed policies that the Republicans foisted on the country the last 8 years and I don't think that Senator McCain really broke through what has been a growing conclusion, especially during these last weeks of economic crisis, that Barack Obama provides steady intelligent leadership, the kind that we're going to need starting next January.

It's clear that, both between her ramped up appearances on the stump on behalf of the Obama/Biden ticket and on cable news tonight that during these next three weeks Hillary Clinton is going to be a prominent voice in support of Barack Obama.

Tags: Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton (all tags)

Comments

Re: Hillary Clinton: Barack Obama Champion

She's done a great job.  I wasn't a fan during the primaries but I've been very impressed with her the past few months.  I'd love to see her take over as Majority leader in the Senate.

by lex75 2008-10-15 07:27PM | 0 recs

Absolutely.

I was a strong Obama supporter all season, and I survived the flame wars here... but I would support HRC to lead the Senate in a heartbeat.

That said, though, Majority leader is actually not the best position for one to truly exert power in the Senate when your party controls the chamber.  Ted Kennedy isn't the lion - and probably the single biggest guiding hand for the most progressive legislation in the last 30 years - because he was majority leader.

Still - I really DO think Clinton is a special kind of Democratic leader, and if running the Dem controlled Senate is how she thinks she could best shepherd legislation on health care, education, Iraq, and everything else on the list... she'll certainly have my support, whatever that's worth.

by zonk 2008-10-15 07:32PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton: Barack Obama Champion

I think she deserves some post or another for her General election campaigning, I don't know if Majority Leader is a possibility as she does not have much seniority.

But, yeah she needs something shiny and important. She also needs to surround herself with better people, I think that was a major flaw in her campaign, who was running it. (a mistake that McCain duplicated, in fact it is amusing how many Clinton Mistakes McCain replicated.)

by notedgeways 2008-10-15 07:37PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton: Barack Obama Champion

Please dont' take this the wrong way, but as poorly as her campaign was run, I would never compare it to McCain's.  McCain has subscribed to the 10,000 monkeys banging on typewriter theory of how to run a campaign.  I'm really glad his campaign will go down as the single worst run ever, but it still makes me shake my head from time to time.

by lex75 2008-10-15 07:43PM | 0 recs

HIllary was great.

But I just heard the funniest quip of the whole campaign, out of the mouth of David Gergen.

Anderson rehashing polls, asks Gergen "What do you do tomorrow".

Gergen deadpans "beats the hell out of me"

by zonk 2008-10-15 07:28PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton: Barack Obama Champion

I personally feel that she is the heir to Ted Kennedy as the liberal lion in the US Senate.  Obama and Hillary are going to make a great team for this country.

by Marylander 2008-10-15 07:28PM | 0 recs

I love her!!

by nikkid 2008-10-15 07:30PM | 0 recs
Arkansas

I would like to see her and Bill do some campaigning in Arkansas in the next two weeks.

by Winston Smith 2008-10-15 07:32PM | 0 recs
Re: Arkansas

Agreed!  No reason we can't win this thing in a landslide.  Arkansas is in play.

by lex75 2008-10-15 07:39PM | 0 recs
Hillary

is totally blowing it up for Obama. LOVE it.

by taylormattd 2008-10-15 07:32PM | 0 recs
She made the interviewer look silly...

It's not only Barack that got better from the campaign, Hillary is absolutely on the top of her game.

Someone said it above, as said as maybe losing Ted is, we have our new Liberal Lion astride the Senator for a generation to come....

by WashStateBlue 2008-10-15 07:35PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton: Barack Obama Champion

I'd love to see a clip of this.  Is it around anywhere.

by Marylander 2008-10-15 07:46PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton: Barack Obama Champion

I feel bad for Hillary because she deserves to be President, too, but she just happened to come around at the same time as someone who is a inspirational and transformational leader that comes around once every several generations.  When the history books about Barack Obama's career are finally written, I'm sure that it will be written that his greatest political struggle and most accomplished political foe will be Hillary Clinton in this primary.

by NJIndependent 2008-10-15 07:53PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton: Barack Obama Champion

Would Clinton take a position within Obama's Administration?

by agpc 2008-10-15 07:55PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton: Barack Obama Champion

Yes once the Clintons saw the way the wind was blowing they got on board. Noted.

I am glad for it. I do much appreciate Hillary Clinton!

by obama4presidente 2008-10-15 08:07PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton: Barack Obama Champion

Just to be clear: Nice statement by Hillary for sure...Hopefully it gets the play it should.. Its a big deal..Hillary has an important constituency.

by obama4presidente 2008-10-15 08:08PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton: Barack Obama Champion

Hillary has personally had over 50 rallies for Obama and has raised over 10 million dollars for his campaign.

I think that puts her in the category of being out there long before "the wind was blowing his way"

by mztower 2008-10-15 09:48PM | 0 recs
Re: Hillary Clinton: Barack Obama Champion

Great post! Please provide evidence and I will change my mind. I don't believe this to be true but I'd like to!

by obama4presidente 2008-10-16 05:18AM | 0 recs
two weeks after she let go of her primary shtick

she started showing up for Obama (ages ago, a political lifetime). She just ran a rally down in West Virginia.

They've got her trolling for votes any place that needs an economic message, and some reassurance for the older voters (who may feel that Obama's too newfangled)

by RisingTide 2008-10-16 06:06AM | 0 recs
Re: two weeks after she let go of her primary shti

I'd like some evidence. I think I know of 2 appearances.. Scranton being the big one..

Hardly 50..

ANd the raised $10 million for Obama?? Where is the evidence of that??

by obama4presidente 2008-10-16 06:38AM | 0 recs
by RisingTide 2008-10-16 07:08AM | 0 recs
by RisingTide 2008-10-16 07:16AM | 0 recs
Re: here's a million from NJ

I think it says 10 Hillary supporters committed to raising $10,000 each. That's $100,000...

I'm not seeing the evidence of the 10 million dollars Hillary has raised for Obama... or the 50 events that were cited..

I don't believe that to be true but I would love to have my mind changed as I really like Hillary..

by obama4presidente 2008-10-16 07:42AM | 0 recs