The Grand Obstructionist Party

You can get all of the gory details over at the Senate Democrats' blog, but for those who would rather get to the meat and potatoes (or just watch a video...), check out this hard hitting video on the obstructionism of Senate Republicans.

Tags: 110th congress, Obstructionism, Senate 2008, Senate Republicans (all tags)

Comments

Re: The Grand Obstructionist Party

Now THAT is an awesome ad. I have no....objections.

by BlueDiamond 2007-06-27 09:53AM | 0 recs
It's about time

I like it. Could've been a bit sexier but I like it. Good message

by world dictator 2007-06-27 10:50AM | 0 recs
Re: The Grand Obstructionist Party

I look at all this and I think of the Democratic failure to do likewise during six years of Bush plus a Republican Congress.

by Anthony de Jesus 2007-06-27 10:58AM | 0 recs
Re: The Grand Obstructionist Party

This point bugs me.  I brought this up in my last comment.

Wasn't it the case, that often the democrats were tarred publicly in the media as "obstructionists" when they - if they? - used their filibuster power?  but you here NOTHING of this theme now.  The clear political move of the Republicans is to render any democratic accomplishments moot, and ineffectual, so as to drive down those democratic congress approval numbers.

but you don't hear any special shows on the cable news how "republicans are obstructing".

Another example of It's OK If You Are A Republican?

by jc 2007-06-28 09:31AM | 0 recs
Re: The Grand Obstructionist Party

We have a great opportunity in to end fillibusters in the next two senate cycles, MN, CO, and NH this election cycle and PA and MO in the next one and hopefully we will have a democratic president. 53-55 votes isn't great but it will put and end to most of them.

by olawakandi 2007-06-27 11:14AM | 0 recs
Re: The Grand Obstructionist Party

Funny how the Republicans never worry about "keeping their powder dry".

And the Democrats, timid as always, aren't even uttering a peep about up or down votes.

Sometimes I wonder what the point of the Democratic Party's existence is.

by Master Jack 2007-06-27 02:11PM | 0 recs
Re: The Grand Obstructionist Party

too true. They could make it up to me though by introducing articles of impeachment throwing a fit getting at least 55 seats in the senate and making them BLEED for the past 6 years. I want a "Bush tax and penalty." taking back all of the money they fucking stole from the treasury and then a nice clean kick to the balls for being so fucking immoral.

by fireinthedawn 2007-06-28 01:13AM | 0 recs
Re: The Grand Obstructionist Party

We might be an amoral party, but at least we're not immoral instead.

by fireinthedawn 2007-06-28 01:14AM | 0 recs
Re: The Grand Obstructionist Party

Back to framing a message.  The Dem leadership needs to call the GOP actions out for what they are - a Filibuster.  When the Dems were in the manority, the GOP crowed for an up or down vote.  This is how the Dems should now push the GOP.  Push for an up or down vote by the full Senate.

by LoneButlerOhDem 2007-06-27 07:41PM | 0 recs
Re: The Grand Obstructionist Party

I watched all that and thought...  Why didn't OUR leaders object, back when we needed them to.  Countless times since 2001.

The Republicans aren't afraid of being labeled obstructionist because it's a bullshit claim.  It's *their job* to obstruct things they oppose.  How sad it is that our leadership didn't do the same when it was their job.

Bullshit ad.  Sorry.  Depressing.

by Dumbo 2007-06-27 10:49PM | 0 recs
Re: The Grand Obstructionist Party

Yeah. I hope their advisors are telling them not to run it unless they're going to kick up a shitstorm prior to running it.

by fireinthedawn 2007-06-28 01:16AM | 0 recs