April MyDD Straw Poll

Once again, it is the second Monday of the month, and so it is time for another MyDD straw poll. Go vote in the MyDD April straw poll.

I decided to hold this poll in the evening, instead of the afternoon. The way I figure it, the only people who read MyDD in the evening are the hardcore fans of the site, and I want to see who the hardcore fans of the site prefer in 2008. It might also reduce stuffing, but since I have developed techniques to remove the stuffed votes after the fact, that is only a minor benefit.

Only announced candidates are included in the poll. I will turn off the voting before I go to bed, which should happen at around 2 or 3 am eastern. You can see previous poll results here.

Anyway, go vote in the poll. Let's see where MyDD readers stand on the 2008 Democratic primary.

Update: Kucinich stuffers have shown up. Just so you know, it is a futile effort guys. I can tell when votes are stuffed, and remove them from the total.

Update 2: Stuffers have shown up, but there are still some legitimate results coming in, so I will let it slide for an hour or so.

Update 3: It took me about an hour to remove all of the stuffed votes--and there were some clever stuffers this time--but I still managed to clean everything up. Here are the first place results, from the first 1,652 legitimate voters:

Edwards: 43.2%
Obama: 34.3%
Richardson: 7.9%
Other: 5.9%
Clinton: 3.8%
Unsure: 1.9%
Kucinich: 1.4%
Dodd: 0.7%
Biden: 0.5%
Gravel: 0.4%

I will have a more complete breakdown of results tomorrow.

Tags: President 2008, Straw polls (all tags)

Comments

Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

because of the pile on behavior of the past week by certain bloggers I rated candidates being pushed lower.

by vwcat 2007-04-09 02:58PM | 0 recs
I had a vision

that told me that Obama and Edwards were gonna finish one-two.

But here's the weird thing, I also predict a little upward movement for...Dodd!

Chris, is there any way I can give money to you but not to Stoller?

by david mizner 2007-04-09 03:34PM | 0 recs
I was kidding, by the way

Stoller's growing on me. I notice that my feelings about him correlate roughly his feelings about Edwards.

by david mizner 2007-04-09 03:40PM | 0 recs
Re: I had a vision

I think that Richardson will finsh over 10% in the final round, as Obama's suport shrinks to first picks, and Richardson sucks of what's left over from second choices after Edwards.

This indicating the consolidation of Richardson as the drak horse candidate as Obama's support shrinks his core as he sheds second pick support because of recent gaffes on the war and other issues.

by ManfromMiddletown 2007-04-09 04:13PM | 0 recs
There's deeper data in there

Maybe Richardson has a huge following at 3rd place. It would be interesting to know such things, but the summary demochoice.com puts up only shows IRV-instantaneous-first-choice, which is a poor slice of the data. I'm hoping for a release of the full vote data tomorrow so that I can run my own analysis on it.

by bolson 2007-04-09 04:51PM | 0 recs
Re: There's deeper data in there

Check out the chart display.

It shows the transfer of votes as numbers.

by ManfromMiddletown 2007-04-09 04:57PM | 0 recs
Re: There's deeper data in there

make that table display.

by ManfromMiddletown 2007-04-09 05:28PM | 0 recs
Re: I had a vision

You do realize that Richardson is as far to the right as Billary is.... look at his issue stances, he's as moderate as her or Biden.  SOmeone supporting Edwards, with Richardson as their #2 makes little sense if they support Edwards for his issue stances.  My guess is that those on here that do really haven't looked too closely at Richardson.

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-09 08:05PM | 0 recs

7. Biden
  8. Gravel
  9. Kucinich
  10. Other
by Socks The Cat 2007-04-09 03:01PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

It's still 4:00 out here, so maybe we will get a heavy west coast vote.

by hilltopper 2007-04-09 03:02PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

I was going to say, this qualifies as evening? I very seldom look at MyDD prior to this hour. That's why it seems silly to comment when there are already dozens of replies to the morning threads. Hell, I just sampled the front page and one had 170 comments. I hope that doesn't become a norm, too much like Kos where you feel like one person in the New York City marathon.

by Gary Kilbride 2007-04-09 03:09PM | 0 recs
I feel your pain

I'm a nocturnal/weekend reader/poster, since I have a day job and stuff, so I miss out on the meat of a lot of great discussions. But the evening crowd is always more elegant... :)

by Master Jack 2007-04-09 03:19PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

You go to bed at 2 or 3 in the morning ???

by ShagBark 2007-04-09 03:07PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll
Last night I went to bed at 4. I had 260 thank you notes to write after the fundraiser.

It makes sense for an east coast blogger writing to a national audience to go to bed late and get up late as a blogger. The peak time for the blogosphere is 11 a.m. -- 7pm, and even after 7 pm traffic is heavier than it is during the morning. If you want your best stuff read by a wider audience, don't post it before 11 a.m. At the same time, if you want to cruise for stories to write the next day, sometimes 2am is the best time to cruise around.

Then again, I always got up late and went to bed late, so maybe I am just justifying something I would do naturally.
by Chris Bowers 2007-04-09 03:11PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Chris, it's a justification.  But that's ok.  I justified my job to not start until 10am.

by KickinIt 2007-04-09 03:23PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Did you write individual thank you notes, or a generic note you sent to everyone?

by Winston Smith 2007-04-09 05:27PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

I believe option b is correct, from what I've seen you're no morning person!!!

by epv72 2007-04-09 06:30PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Yeah although the reason for the 11-7 shift is easy. 11 to 1 most people are on their lunch hour and eager to read the middle of the day dirt...by 2 or so people are coming home from school or classes in college...and then it just increases until late at night.

Out here on the West Coast though...2am means you are posting and reading a bunch of dead threads. (wink)

by risenmessiah 2007-04-09 10:22PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll
Hooray, I love these things!
And yes, I am hardcore.
by LandStander 2007-04-09 03:20PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

The poll said 'Rank the candidates you support!'.

I voted...

1. Obama
  2. Edwards
  3. Dodd
  4. Richardson
  5. Other

I didn't rank Clinton or Biden because I don't support their primary runs. I only ranked candidates I feel excited about in some way but I would vote for Clinton or Biden in the general. Am I screwing with the poll results by not ranking them?

by joejoejoe 2007-04-09 03:23PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

it only counts your top candidate still in the running, and since obama and edwards last the whole time (last i checked), it wont make a difference.

by Max Friedman 2007-04-09 04:13PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Until the Kucinich People come a stuffin.

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-09 08:07PM | 0 recs
Kucinich stuffing

Boy howdy, did they!

Of course, they still didn't get a majority in the first round, and since they were almost nobody's second (or third, or fourth, or...) choice, they wound up as runnerups.

For now, anyway.

by RT 2007-04-10 06:40AM | 0 recs
the stuffing shows how low he's rated

Just as you said, virtually nobody had him even as a fourth choice.

by curtadams 2007-04-10 08:25AM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll
I think I could be considered a hardcore fan of MyDD and it is my first read in the morning -- or course it is also my last read. I think time zones will come into play as much as anything on this move.
by Bob Brigham 2007-04-09 03:35PM | 0 recs

I voted:

1. Edwards

1. Richardson
  2. Dodd
  3. Kucinich

Coming from a union family I can't see myself voting for Obama or Clinton.  It all comes down to a matter of trust, and honestly at this point I trust Obama even less than Clinton.

I don't want a president who has to have the glare of media attention to do the right thing, and that's pretty much my opinion of those two.

The web of connections between Obama and Robert Rubin is highly worrying for me.  Rubinomics destroyed the Midwest, and regardless of how you feel about the Democratic party supporting working people this is where the election will be decided.

The coasts don't matter, because the electoral votes in play are all in the Midwest.  Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa.  These are the places that will determine the outcome of the next presidential election.

And they all think that Rubinomics sucks.

Keeping that in mind consider this from the article linked above.

So how are Bob Rubin and Rubinomics positioned for 2008? All too powerfully, one suspects. The Hamilton Project will continue to turn out centrist policy papers trying to signal boldness with scant resources. Rubin will continue promoting his grand bargain to cap social insurance, raise taxes, offer token benefits, and further liberate global private capital. He will continue to have unparalleled influence with Democrats, and to receive an adoring press.

In presidential politics, Rubin is personally close to Hillary Clinton, but this trader covers his bets. His son, Jamie Rubin, is a major Wall Street fund-raiser for Barack Obama. His former deputy chief of staff, Karen Kornbluh, is Obama's chief domestic policy adviser, and Rubin is also close to Obama's chief of staff, Steve Hildebrand, who used to hold the same position for former Senate Democratic Leader Tom Daschle, another Rubin ally.

One candidate who might well reject Rubinomics is John Edwards, who is unlikely to raise large sums on Wall Street. And even Edwards is talking more about our duty to the poor, and less about the need to reregulate capitalism. However, should the populist Edwards be nominated, he will need a calming figure to reassure Wall Street that he is not an economic madman. Someone like Bob Rubin.

I'm imagining that the AFL-CIO and CtW are going to be less than enthusiastic about the reemergence of Rubinomic economic policy.

And I sincerely believe that there's a war between  market fundamentalists and people who aren't willing to crucify all mankind on a cross of gold.

And the 3 frontrunners have all marked their positions.

We don't need more hope here in the midwest, we need jobs.  And Robert Rubin is a job killer.  We keep losing factories, and those "jobs of the future"?  They're in Bangalore at this point.

The market must be subjugated to the needs of society.

People must come before profits.

I'm sick and tired of being told that the misfortune of those who suffer in the new economy do so because they hadn't the foresight to get a good education.

Poverty isn't a moral failing, it's a consequence of economic policies that steal from the poor and give to the rich.

And it's about damn time that we asked Mr. President "to take it easy on the working man."

by ManfromMiddletown 2007-04-09 04:01PM | 0 recs
I agree with

your basic sentiment, but I'm not sure your number 2 pick isn't a Rubinite neoliberal.

by david mizner 2007-04-09 04:32PM | 0 recs
Re: I agree with

Better the devil I know (and can discount my expectations for) than someone who will dazzle me with bullshit and then still stab me in the back.

Richardson is wrong on trade, but he's taken a strong position on renewable energy that I respect.

And I think that he's less likely to be caught in the bind of the Rubinites than Obama.

by ManfromMiddletown 2007-04-09 04:46PM | 0 recs
Re: I agree with

Given that Obama voted against CAFTA, I would say its highly unlikely.  Given that Obama is an Avid supporter of the Employee Free Choice Act, I would say its highly unlikely.  Given that he has given WakeupWalmart his full support and spoken against Walmart's treatment of workers, I would say its highly unlikely.  Given that Obama supports Fair Trade, I'd say its highly unlikely.  Given he fought to help raise the minimum wage in Illinois and voted for the increase in the Senate, I'd say its highly unlikely.  Given that he is against Tax cuts for the rich saying they don't create jobs, I'd say that is highly unlikely.

Compare this to Richards continued support of NAFTA and GATT and that he has always been highly supportive of Free Trade.

You may want to take the time to actually get to  know Obama's stances on Unions and Trade, instead of just assuming and basing your opinion on his relationship with one guy, even though his speeches and his votes really don't show a support of Rubinomics, unlike your #2...  To say Richardson cares more about Union workers than Obama is absolutely ridiculous.  Richardson is much farther to the right than Obama or Edwards... he is a Clinton Moderate, NOT a progressive.  I'm not saying you have to support Obama... I'm not saying that he is a bigger champion of Unions than Edwards, he isn't.  But he has a solid track record of support for Unions and Fair Trade.  Before making disparaging remarks, please take the time and actually do the research.

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-09 08:52PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

This isn't just about winning this election - though it is critical, and I think that Edwards is our best shot at that.

It's also about building a progressive movement - and we can't do that with Rubinomics leading the charge for Democrats.  We need a nominee that can bring a strong economic justice and security message to ALL parts of the country.  That will help re-define politics in this country.  And Edwards is the man to deliver it.

by Peter from WI 2007-04-09 05:27PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

I agree that this isn't about just this election.

I do think it's important to note that this is an election where tactical (electing a Democrat in 2008) and strategic (establishing an enduring party legacy) goals converge.

Thus, we aren't talking about incremental changes achieved over several cycles.  We're talking about change right here, right now, than shapes the future of the country for years to come.

by ManfromMiddletown 2007-04-09 05:31PM | 0 recs

1st    Unsure
2nd    Barack Obama
3rd    John Edwards
4th    Other
5th    Bill Richardson
6th    Chris Dodd
7th    Joe Biden
8th    Hillary Clinton
9th    Dennis Kucinich
10th    Mike Gravel

I put 'Unsure' because it's either between Obama and Edwards, and I don't rate either higher at this point. Obama lost my support for the time being because of his stupid 'chicken' comment on Iraq.

by PsiFighter37 2007-04-09 04:08PM | 0 recs
  1. Edwards
  2. Unsure (would have been Feingold, Warner, Vilsack)
  3. Other (Clark or Gore)
  4. Richardson
  5. Obama
  6. Dodd
  7. Hillary
  8. Biden
  9. Kucinich
  10. Gavel, whoever that is.
by philgoblue 2007-04-09 07:28PM | 0 recs
Others for Gore!

I put "Other" as my number one choice, as I'm a big Draft Gore supporter. But I put Edwards/Obama/Dodd/Richardson as my next choices, because we have so many great candidates!

by Kal 2007-04-09 04:16PM | 0 recs
Re: Others for Gore!
  1. other (Gore)
  2. Obama
  3. Richardson
by Winston Smith 2007-04-10 01:56AM | 0 recs
Voted for Edwards

I want the whitehouse back in 2008.

by dk2 2007-04-09 04:18PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Have to say, I disagree with the evening methodology.  Only by random do I have access to internet right now.  Most of my hardcore mydd reading comes during the day.  I think you'll see the votes skewed to a crowd more likely to afford home dsl as opposed to us leaches who have to scam it at work.  For me that's in favor or a richer and older audience, and I'll just come out and say it:  Edwards will improve on this poll.

by Nasara 2007-04-09 04:29PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Or college students who have "free" access in their dorms.  How about that?

by cilerder86 2007-04-09 04:40PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Given the Demo poll they did a little while back, I would say that He is more correct than you.  But then I am sure we get a share of both crowds.

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-09 08:54PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Edwards, though I'd have voted for whomever withdrew from the FOX/CBC debate first.

Why on earth did Obama and Clinton wait until they were withdrawing on a 'me too!' basis? Honestly, after Edwards beat them out the gate the first time, I'm not sure what they were thinking.  Maybe they just like looking at his butt.

by BingoL 2007-04-09 04:40PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Obama still withdrew and that is the most important thing.

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-09 08:55PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

That's definitely the bottom line, I just don't understand his thinking.

I know you're a big Obama supporter, and to tell the truth it's the movement around him that I think is his strongest selling point (and possible eventually the strongest selling point). And I'm more than willing to put all my support behind him in the general. But for my own comfort, I'd love to see Obama be the first to take a political stand that has a potential downside to him. A genuine risk in whatever context.

This seemed the perfect opportunity, so I was a bit surprised he didn't take it.

by BingoL 2007-04-10 05:05AM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

What stance isn't a risk?

He pulls out of the debate early he has a chance of getting skewered by the MSM, he pulls out late he gets skewered by you and the netroots.

Obama put drug use in his book and in response to a question about it said roughly, "Of course I inhaled... that's the point!"  He obviously isn't afraid of saying the unpopular thing.

by Obama08 2007-04-10 05:11AM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

I think he waited because of his relationship with the CBC.  To me getting out second takes a lot of courage, as just one of the big three getting out won't cancel the debates.  Granted, getting out first is the bigger story, but second is still a great position.

For all we know he was all set to get out Friday and got beat to the punch by Edwards.... then decided to wait until Monday to get his own press; which prompted Billary's decision to help diffuse the press Obama got.  Their was a lot of chatter about this on the Obama Blog too on Fridat with a lot (although not majority) of people saying to drop and that may have been the catalyst.

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-10 05:56AM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Well, I agree that he should get points for being the decisive withdrawal. That is, after Edwards got out, the debate could've still happened, but after Obama ... no way.

Thing is, what I'd like to see is Obama stepping out on a political limb, all by himself. But he could very possibly think--or know--that he already is out on a long limb, by virtue of his race. (And maybe that's a bad metaphor, given his race. No subtext intended.) So he plays things close to his vest during his candidacy. It's not like he needs to make a huge splash to attract my vote, or even my support in the general. He doesn't, and he's smart enough to know that. And it's not like he's not doing phenomenally well in the primary--100,000 donors is a truly spectacular thing, and beating the Clinton money machine is ... I dunno. Wow.

I would be a great deal more comfortable with Obama if he seemed more concerned with winning than with unity, and if he were more vindictive and bare-knuckled than measured and tolerant. I think the single most important task of the next Demcratic president will be driving a stake through the heart of the extremist fringes of the Republican party (and, of course, at the moment the whole damn thing is basically one big fringe), of cutting the heads off the zombie political operatives who return from the graves of previous administration and the undead media that shambles around in packs sniffing for blood.

But maybe he will. Maybe he just thinks this isn't the time to talk about that stuff. Maybe he really is a vindictive prick with a long list of enemies and a driving hunger for a dish best served cold.

I very, very much hope so.

by BingoL 2007-04-10 07:41AM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Congrats, Chris.  Your poll is now important enough that people are beginning to pre-spin the results in line with their conjecture about the peculiar demographics of evening polls.

by cilerder86 2007-04-09 04:47PM | 0 recs
Obama
Edwards
Dodd
Richardson
Clinton
Other
by mattmfm 2007-04-09 05:18PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Dodd should do fairly well. I like Dodd, he fits my views well. That said, he has no chance and thus I am in the Obama camp

by mattmfm 2007-04-09 05:34PM | 0 recs

My top three.

1. Edwards

1. Richardson
  2. Obama

by Djneedle83 2007-04-09 06:47PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Why Richardson?  He isn't a progressive.  I can't understand an Obama or Edwards supporter having Richardson as their #2... Other, sure but not Richardson who by all accounts on issues is equal or farther right than HRC.  He is a fairly moderate to conservative on the issues, unlike Obama or Edwards who are more progressive.

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-09 08:57PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Richardson is a disaster... it blows my mind that so many people round these parts consider him a legitimate 2nd choice.

It's a little early for the Kool-Aid, isn't it?  Edwards supporters really should have Obama as #2, and Obama supporters really should have Edwards as #2.  I'm not saying you can't think one is better than the other; you definitely should have an opinion if you're on this site at all.  But if you're already so much into one of the "clubs" that you can't bear voting for the other, at least pick, I don't know, Other.  Or Kucinich.  Just not Richardson.

Richardson is NOT Progressive.

by KevinH 2007-04-10 02:07AM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

He does, however, imo, show more foreign affairs savvy that either Obama or Edwards.

by Ian Welsh 2007-04-10 04:06AM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Whoop de doo...  I rather have a guy who had good advisors around him that is a staunch progressive, then a moderate/conservative like HRC or Richardson who have foreign policy experience.  This is why Presidents have so many advisors... What would probably make Richardson a great Sec of State, along with Wes Clark.

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-10 05:58AM | 0 recs
Of Course!

This explains the timing of Obama's CBC/FOX debate pull out. He was hoping to pull more MyDD straw poll votes. ;-)

by JoeCoaster 2007-04-09 07:11PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

11:20 pm, Obama stuffers seemed to have shown up as well.

by philgoblue 2007-04-09 07:27PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll
Damn, that Kuchinich stuffer is working is ass off.
You'd have to admire it if it wasn't such a futile effort.
by philgoblue 2007-04-09 07:31PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

It reminds me of that Kamp Krusty episode of the Simpsons when Bart needed a C average to go to camp and he got all D's so he tried to change his report card to all A+'s.

Lisa <laughing>: "Oh Bart, why did't you at least try to forge plausible grades?"

The Kucinich stuffer should have tried for 4th place or so. He/she just got greedy. Quite funny though.

by adamterando 2007-04-09 07:44PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

I'm more curious how he got those numbers in that short amount of time.  Those numbers skyrocketed.

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-10 12:01AM | 0 recs

Kucinich takes the lead!

And Obama has gone up about 110 votes over the last 30 minutes while Edwards just 30ish.  So About 85 stuffed ballots there too probably.

by philgoblue 2007-04-09 07:47PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

I didn't see any Obama stuffing, his first page votes didn't go up that much.  Did I miss something?  I did see the Kucinich Stuffers... That guy is pretty damn impressive.

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-09 08:59PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Count me as another Other=Gore vote.

by NYPopulist 2007-04-09 07:34PM | 0 recs

That's mine...

OBama, Other, Edwards, Unsure, Dodd, Hillary, Richardson, Biden, Gravel, and Kucinich

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-09 09:00PM | 0 recs
Kucinich Stuffers

Who still supports Kucinich?  The guy's a joke.

by Reece 2007-04-09 07:56PM | 0 recs
Re: Kucinich Stuffers

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers!

by RT 2007-04-10 06:42AM | 0 recs

You have an ugly soul.

by adamterando 2007-04-09 07:58PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

This was directed at an offensive poster btw, not at Bowers. :)

by adamterando 2007-04-09 08:21PM | 0 recs

It's 9:08 on the west coast and the poll is over? Well, my vote for

#1 Other
#2 Unsure
#3 Kucinich

doesn't count I guess...

by jen 2007-04-09 08:10PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

Let us know the real results (without poll stuffing) when you get the chance.  thanks

by mbcarl 2007-04-09 08:37PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

My final vote went to Kucinich!?

He was my number 5 choice... after Edwards, Obama and Clinton... Kucinich!?  Can I shred my ballot!?

by Vox Populi 2007-04-09 10:13PM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

That doesn't make sense at all... If Edwards and Obama were your top two, then one of the two should have had your vote, since the Kucinich stuffing put him in the lead until the final two when either Edwards or Obama took the win (from getting the lions share of the other's votes.)

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-10 12:03AM | 0 recs

Actually I put Kucinich before Obama... oops

by Vox Populi 2007-04-10 06:12AM | 0 recs
Re: April MyDD Straw Poll

I think you took some legit votes from Obama, Chris.  He was a lot closer to Edwards than that when the Kucinich stuffing started, only down about 2-3%.

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-10 12:06AM | 0 recs
Obama &quot;Stuffers&quot;

I know for a fact that someone for Obama did a small GOTV effort.  When you said that they were more clever this time, what you meant to say was that you are discounting votes from people you don't see regularly on this site that were made after a certain time.

So this poses an interesting question...
Is getting online voters to your poll or driving voters to a polling place "stuffing" the ballot box?

by Obama08 2007-04-10 03:15AM | 0 recs
Re: Obama &quot;Stuffers&quot;

No that isn't what he is saying....

He is looking at patterns.  Click the link above and you will see his explanantion on how he knows its stuffing.... However, a lot of legit votes get thrown out, that's why the MOE on this poll is astronomical.  Edwards was the clear winner, I don't argue that... But Obama had a hell of a lot more votes before and during the Kucinich stuffing.  Philo points out stuff in the last half hour, so maybe that is legit (I didn't notice his first round numbers going up that high).  The polling software is flawed... I don't know why we just don't use the polling software on here that is available in Diaries and say the heck with the IRV stuff.  Maybe you have to shorten the field, but to vote, I believe you have to be registered.  Seems it would be a lot more accurate.  Based on what the numbers where most of the night, I think Chris accidently removed about 4-5% of Obama's vote...

by yitbos96bb 2007-04-10 06:04AM | 0 recs
Re: Obama &quot;Stuffers&quot;

Nah, the entire time Edwards was leading Obama by 8-9%, then the Kucinich and Obama stuffing began.  Obama stuffing from 11:20-11:50 as I saw it.  It'd be easy for Chris to prove.

Still, I agree that a more secure system would be much better.  That's why DKos strawpolls are more indicative for me.

Still, it is interesting that if these are the final numbers, Obama is down about 3% and Edwards is up about 12% from March (working off memory here, but I think that's right).

by philgoblue 2007-04-10 07:28AM | 0 recs
Why not Dodd?

That's what I'm asking myself...

by PhiloTBG 2007-04-10 05:29AM | 0 recs