Morning Open Thread
by Chris Bowers, Thu Feb 15, 2007 at 02:27:49 AM EST
This is a morning open thread. In the extended entry, I finally have the results of the second part of the MyDD reader survey. Hopefully, I will post the next part of the survey later today or tomorrow.
1. What is your partisan self-identification?
Independent / No Party: 11.7%
Other Party: 1.5%
2. How do you ideologically self-identify?
Moderate / Mixed: 8.4%
Other / None: 1.1%
3. Are you registered / eligible to vote in America?
Yes, eligible and registered: 96.1%
No, not eligible: 3.1%
No, eligible but not registered: 0.8%
4. Counting primaries / caucuses, general elections, and special elections, how many total times do you usually vote over the course of a four-year electoral cycle? To put this another way: how many times have you voted in public elections since February, 2003?
8 or more: 23.8%
I am not eligible to vote: 3.2%
5. When it comes to voting in a general election, what is more important to you: voting for the candidate nominated by your party, or voting for the candidate with whom you are most closely ideologically aligned?
Voting with my ideology: 44.4%
Voting with my party: 37.1%
Depends / Unsure: 18.5%
6. When voting in a general election, how often do you vote only for candidates from a single political party?
Almost always: 54.6%
Most of the time: 34.0%
About half of the time: 3.3%
Less than half of the time: 1.7%
Almost never: 4.2%
Not registered / eligible to vote: 2.3%
7. Should there be a third major political party in this country?
Depends / Unsure: 36.2%
8. The Democratic Party will be better off if it is...
Clear, coherent and ideologically unified: 48.9%
A big tent that welcomes all ideologies: 42.5%
Unsure / I am not a Democrat: 8.6%
9. In terms of ideology, the Democratic Party should...
Be more liberal / progressive: 62.4%
Be more populist / inspirational: 30.9%
Be more centrist / conservative: 2.1%
Unsure / I am not a Democrat: 4.5%
10. Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, Democratic Party office, such as precinct captain, convention delegate, county committee, state committee, or national committee?