ActBlue now in Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Texas
by brahn, Tue Jul 18, 2006 at 09:35:27 AM EDT
I'm proud to announce that you can now use ActBlue to support Democratic candidates for state office in Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Texas! Special thanks to Annatopia and the TexRoots who pulled in the remaining funds we needed for Texas.
(For those who missed it, last month we activated Active Blue in Indiana, Iowa, Maine, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.)
So now what?
- Fundraise for state candidates! Just visit the directories (IN | IA | ME | OR | PA | SD | TX | WI), choose a candidate, and click "start fundraising".
- Spread the word by alerting your contacts in these states that we're now up and running. You can also help by contributing to Texas candidates— a check in the mail is a great way to let campaigns know how they can use ActBlue.
- Help us expand to more states— Please contribute here and start fundraising here, and see the extended text for details.
Expanding to more states in 2006 — and how you can help
Our legal research has led us to divide the states into two broad categories, which (in the spirit of technical jargon) I'll call "easy" and "hard". "Easy" states are those where we can engage in bundling in a manner similar to the Federal case, and therefore where we know we can launch ActBlue in time to have an impact this cycle.
The twenty easy states:
- Already active— Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
- Funded and in progress— California and Montana.
- Awaiting funding— Alabama, Arizona, Illinois, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Wyoming.
We know that we can get there — Annatopia and Texas bloggers put us over the top to launch their state, and Cliff Lyon in Utah has been a one-man force of nature, raising funds and getting state legislators involved in making the pitch as well.
20 states by Labor Day — let's get this thing done.