Apologies and Diary Recognition
by Chris Bowers, Tue May 30, 2006 at 03:08:08 PM EDT
I apologize for my absence, and I sincerely hope that following Yearly Kos I will be able to resume my former posting rate. Fortunately, I have advantages not afforded to many other bloggers. For starters, Matt and Jonathan are still around to help out with front-page blogging duties. Just as importantly, MyDD remains a good community site with many diarists producing good work. Before I re-immerse myself in my other projects, I would like to take some time to recognize some of the best diaries from this past weekend that have not been promoted to the front page, were not already.
- Duke1676's Deconstructing a weapon of mass distraction: Immigration
- McSnatherson and MediumBinderClips had an interesting back and forth over the CA-Gov primary.
- Burroughs reported from the Hawaii Democratic convention
- Left in the West's MT-Sen: Today Decides the Future of the Democratic Party.
- Intrepid Liberal Journal's Remember the Survivors.
- Check out Greg Bloom's Strip Mining The Grassroots. Back when MyDD wasn't bringing in much ad revenue, I actually worked for Grassroots Inc. as a canvasser in a DNC tee-shirt during August 2004. I did not like the job much, but it was about the only temporary job I could score on short notice. I was not very good at it, and fortunately we started selling enough ads so I was able to quit and blog full-time after Labor Day. The diary also includes a good response from someone who still works at Grassroots Inc.