Senator Whiny Allard to Retract His Comments?

So I just blogged about Senator whiny Allard's remarks on Feingold.  Commenter Pachacutec called up his office and found out that he's apparently planning to issue a 'clarification':

I just spoke to a staffer in Allard's office.

I asked if Allard was saying that Feingold is "traitor," or that he is guilty of "treason."

I was told the senator had not made that remark.

I then quoted the senator's actual remarks to the staffer, and the staffer suggested the senator would be issuing a clarification of his statment later today.

I remarked that this would be a good idea, because the stament as it stand clealry carries an allegation of treason, and if that is the senator's intent, then he should say it clearly and proceed with full scale charges of treason.  If not, then an apology is in order.  I suggested senator Allard "crap or get off the pot."

The staffer then asked for my name again and place of residence.

Niceties exchanged by way of conversational conclusion.  All very polite.

Interesting.  If this is true, I have to commend Senator Allard for retracting his cowardly statements about Senator Feingold.  Being strong enough to admit that he's wrong is a good thing.  It's very, well, 'Democratic' of him.  Still, I'm not holding my breath on this one until I see an actual 'clarification'.

Tags: Russ Feingold, Wayne Allard, whiny ass titty baby (all tags)

Comments

Re: Senator Whiny Allard to Retract His Comments?

The quote was from yesterday and the clarifaction isn't going to come until later today? Udall is going to get bored quickly campaigning against somebody so slow.

by blogswarm 2006-03-14 12:45PM | 0 recs
Re: Senator Whiny Allard to Retract His Comments?

Not that I should complain, what with all my typos, but my nickame is spelled Pachacutec (Pah-cha-KOO-tek).

:-]

by Pachacutec 2006-03-14 01:03PM | 0 recs
Re: Senator Whiny Allard to Retract His Comments?

Here's the historical reference.

In memory of my Peruvian grandpa.

by Pachacutec 2006-03-14 01:07PM | 0 recs
Re: Senator Whiny Allard to Retract His Comments?

Thank you, Matt.

by Pachacutec 2006-03-14 01:28PM | 0 recs
Re: Senator Whiny Allard to Retract His Comments?

The GOoPers don't like it when they get their noses rubbed in their own shit.

But this is what it's about -- change the dynamic of how the game is played, and we change the conditioned responses.

No more Democrats curling up in a ball when someone says "boo" --

No more GOoPers spouting bullshit and strutting like bantam roosters --

And NO MORE media gasbags thinking there is no price to be paid for regurgitating GOoPer talking points.

by ck 2006-03-14 01:18PM | 0 recs
Hill Dems also kicking Feingold

And Feingold has hit back.

All rather unpleasant, it seems.

by skeptic06 2006-03-14 01:32PM | 0 recs
Re: Senator Whiny Allard to Retract His Comments?

Goper's Lament (Hard To Be A Republican)

by Subway Serenade 2006-03-14 01:43PM | 0 recs
allard sided with OBL in 1999

allard sided with OBL in 1999, voted to convict the commander-in-chief:

Presidents come and go, and Senators come and go. The Constitution remains. It is the foundation of our political system. The Constitution is what preserves the rule of law, and guarantees that we remain a nation of laws, not of men.

what a f---ing hypocrite.

by jethropalerobber 2006-03-14 03:05PM | 0 recs
Re: Senator Whiny Allard to Retract His Comments?

I have been calling for a massive viral marketing campaign.  It is very simple.

We need as many people as possible to post this campaign on the blogs that they frequent.

The goal is to send to Senator Feingold hand written "Thank You Cards" to his Wisconsin offices.  Petitions and emails and calls are great, but they will not make the impact that hand written thank you notes will.  We cannot send them to DC because there is a two month wait on the screening.  Also, I think the WI offices being flooded will make a bigger impact.

In addition, if people can include $5 or $10 dollars with the thank you cards towards his 2008 Presidential campaign, this increases the impact.

Why thank you cards?  Why the goal of 10,000?

We want to show the media and the other Democrats how much that we support Feingold's courage.  We also want to show that we support Feingold's Resolution.

I picked the Green Bay office, address at bottom of page: http://feingold.senate.gov/contact.html

Here is more information on Senator Feingold and who else would like to see him as our next President:

You can find out more about Senator Feingold here:

The more that I read about Senator Feingold, the more I like.  He has fought for our civil liberties, our jobs, our security, our environment, our rights.  He is a true progressive.

If 10,000 thank you cards flood the Green Bay office in the next couple of days, this will indeed make a media impact and an impact on the other Democrats.

Senator Feingold had the courage and has the conviction to do what we have all been screaming for.

Please pass this on to as many people as possible and please post the Thank You Card Campaign on as many blogs as possible.  I announced in on Thom Hartmann's Nationally syndicated radio show.  Let's get the cards in the mail immediately.

Thanks for your help.

by Anjha 2006-03-14 07:18PM | 0 recs
by DonB 2006-03-14 07:54PM | 0 recs
Re: Senator Whiny Allard to Retract His Comments?

Interestingly, Allard and Feingold were co-sponsors of a bill to deal with chronic wasting disease in deer and elk just last September:

http://allard.senate.gov/public/index.cf m?FuseAction=PressReleases.Detail&Pr essRelease_Id=231477

by darrelplant 2006-03-15 02:26PM | 0 recs