2005-2006 MyDD Activist Projects
by Matt Stoller, Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 02:10:39 PM EST
- GoogleBomb 2006: This was an attempt to link search results for right-wing candidates to articles delivering credible criticisms of their records.
- Use It Or Lose It 2006: This was a project designed to encourage Democrats in safe seats to contribute money in their bank accounts to the DCCC so that it could be used to elect other Democrats.
- House Forecast 2006: A free dynamic forecasting model for House seats
- Senate Forecast 2006: A free dynamic forecasting model for Senate seats
- Governor Forecast 2006: A free dynamic forecasting model for Governors
- MyDD Candidate Memo 2006: We polled deep into feelings on Iraq and produced a memo encouraging candidates to use Iraq in their campaigns and to use accountability as a theme.
- Adwatch: We clipped Democratic ads from candidate websites and criticized them using the criteria from the candidate memo.
- CA-50 special election polling questions, Iraq-specific questions: We polled voters after the California 50th special election to determine trends in voting patterns.
- CA-50 special election polling questions, General questions
- Netroots Survey I: This is the only public survey of the netroots themselves...
- Netroots Survey II: Part two of said survey...
- Net neutrality coverage in the 2006 cycle: This is comprehensive coverage and activism around the issue of net neutrality.
- The MyDD/netroots Actblue Page 2006: This was a collaborative fundraising page done by DailyKos, Swingstate Project, and MyDD.
- MyDD's Candidate Interview Series: Conversations with Democratic candidates for Senate, House and Governorships all around the country.
And this cycle we already have Tim Tagaris covering the Louisiana special election in New Orleans, paid for by all of you. That's a lot of free ice cream for one blog. Which project did you find most interesting? Which would you like to see repeated? What other ideas do you have for what we can do next?