Segue Open Thread
by Chris Bowers, Thu Oct 05, 2006 at 12:32:29 PM EDT
- According to a new Survey USA poll in NY-26, Jack Davis (D) has taken the lead on Tom Reynolds, the incumbent and chair of the NRCC. The race currently stands at 50%-45%, in favor of Davis. The previous poll had shown Reynolds up by three points.
- Speaking of polls, the Democratic lead in the generic congressional ballot is holding steady. The three polls to come out this week, CNN, AP-Ipsos, and GW, show an average of 51.0%--41.3%, in favor of Democrats. That is as good as any likely voter advantage we have ever had in this campaign season. For that matter, it is way better than any likely voter average we have had in many, many years. Also, you know that I have gone off the deep end when I start expecting a 15-point lead to make me happy. If Democrats win the popular vote for the House by 15 points, they will win about 300 seats. I guess I just want a ridiculous cushion for what I fear will be the eventual Republican closing in the final two weeks. I don't actually think 100 pickups are in the stars for us this year, although even Faux News thinks it could be as high as 50 seats now.
- Speaking of stars, there are apparently billions of planets in the galaxy. That is kind of, well, humbling.
- Speaking of humbling, Andy Stern will be coming to Fergie's Pub tonight at 6pm. If you live in or near Philly, that is 1214 Sansom Street. The humbling part is because the City's most difficult Quizo follows the event at 9:30. I used to dominate that Quizo along with my brother Andy and his girlfriend Amy. But now, I think we are getting dumber and older. We don't go anymore.
- Speaking of Andy Stern and Quizo, leave your questions for him in the comments. I will choose the best one or two to ask him tonight.
- Speaking of best, is Mark Kennedy a great candidate, or the greatest candidate ever? Take the poll in the extended entry.