by Chris Bowers, Thu Oct 05, 2006 at 06:22:32 PM EDT
- IN-02. Last three independent polls:
- Donnelly (D) 49%-39% Chocola (R) (Zogby, October 2nd)
- Donnelly (D) 50%-42% Chocola (R) (Research 2000, September 17)
- Donnelly (D) 52%-40% Chocola (R) (RT Strategies, September 10)
- OH-18. Only independent poll, from Zogby on October 2nd, shows Space (D) ahead of Padgett (R) 45%-36%. Space also has a commanding lead in cash on hand. But remember, this race clearly leans Republican.
- PA-07. Only independent poll on the race shows Sestak 45% (D)--44% Weldon (R). Sestak also leads in cash on hand. Again, remember that this race clearly leans Republican.
- PA-10. Only two independent polls on the race:
- Carney (D) 47%--38% Sherwood (R) (Lycoming, September 28th)
- Carney (D) 50%--43% Sherwood (R) (RT Strategies, August 29th)
- VA-02. Only two independent polls on the race:
- Kellam (D) 46%--42% Drake (R) (Zogby, October 2)
- Kellam (D) 51%--43% Drake (R) (RT Strategies, August 29)
CQ politics would also like to inform you that the following races have no clear favorite:
- AZ-08. The five post primary polls on the race:
- Giffords (D) 45%--37% Graf (R) (Zogby, October 2)
- Giffords (D) 52%--34% Graf (R) (Arizona Opinion--R, September 23)
- Giffords (D) 54%--29% Graf (R) (Emily's List--D, September 21)
- Giffords (D) 48%--36% Graf (R) (Arizona Daily Star, September 19)
- Giffords (D) 54%--35% Graf (R) (GQR--D, September 18th)
- OH-06. The only independent polls on the race:
- Wilson (D) 54%--41% Bladsel (R) (Survey USA, September 28th)
- Wilson (D) 56%--40% Blasdel (R) (RT Strategies, August 29th)
Oh, and I almost forgot. NM-01 is also clealy leaning toward a candidate: Heather Wilson. This is because the last three independent polls from NM-01 have shown her losing 50-40, and tied at 44-44 (twice). Clearly, she has a much better chance to win that race than does her Democratic opponent Patricia Madrid.
This has been a public service announcement form Strategic Vision CQ politics. There is no clear favorite in AZ-08 and OH-06. Also, IN-02, NM-01, OH-15, PA-07, PA-10, and VA-02 clearly lean Republican (because, you know, there is a clear favorite in those races, and it is the person losing in the polls). That is all. End communication. Seriously--end communication. Don't try to post a comment on their site. It won't work.
(All polls taken from Electoral-Vote.com)