Action Thread

Bumped -- Jonathan

No time to waste:

This is an open thread.

Tags: Activism, Open Threads (all tags)

Comments

Ooops

I gave directly to Lary Kissell through his web page larrykissell.com

Chalk another $500.oo to the netroots

by FishOutofWater 2006-10-27 11:05AM | 0 recs
Congressman's phone # is incorrect

I called Congressman Ackerman, NY-05, today.

They told me to call another number:
718-428-1513 is the campaign number.

No one was in (haha, what a joke) I suppose showing how much opposition he is running against (no repub).

Heck he has all three ballot lines. Dem, Ind, Working Families.

So i wasn't sure where to post that, but... thats the info.

-- MrMacMan

by MrMacMan 2006-10-27 11:25AM | 0 recs
Thanks from Idaho!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone at MyDD.

The NRCC and Club for Growth have dumped three-quarters of a MILLION into Bill Sali's trunk this month alone, and Larry Grant has yet to see anything from the D-trip (though we were just upgraded onto From Red to Blue .... great news).

But the netroots have been behind us from the summer, and we so appreciate everything you have all done, from contributions to spreading the word about Larry and his great credentials.

Thanks ever so much from all of us here at Grant for Congress!!

by Julie Fanselow 2006-10-27 11:41AM | 0 recs
Re: Thanks from Idaho!

Dangit, I said I couldn't give more after giving a big chunk to Act Blue candidates last night, but I think I can find another $10 to fight anybody who thinks a candidate in Idaho needs 3/4mil to fight his opponent. Sure sign that Mr. Grant must be doing something RIGHT.

Now to find where my husband hid my credit card!

by Aquaria 2006-10-27 03:39PM | 0 recs
Re: Action Thread

How is Google Bombing going?

by Robert P 2006-10-27 11:44AM | 0 recs
thanks for the reminder.

donated through ActBlue this morning.

by chiefscribe 2006-10-27 11:59AM | 0 recs
Compensation for guilt...

...I just found a toy I absolutely, positively, had to have today.

$100.

And just aftter I said I was already scraping the bottom of my barrel with my last $100....

So....

$50 more to Tester.
$50 more to McCaskill.

Damn Lutheran guilt.... ;-)

by palamedes 2006-10-27 12:10PM | 0 recs
spell checker in firefox 2.0 works great

I highly recommend Firefox 2.0.  It spell checks text boxes like this, underlining misspelled words, and you can find recommended spellings by right-clicking and selecting the word from the drop-down (or add to the local dictionary).  Easy, simple, great!

Maybe it will alert Chris to all his typos before they make it to the front page. :)

by aip 2006-10-27 01:17PM | 0 recs
Re: spell checker in firefox 2.0 works great

Yeah. I've been using FireFox 2.0 for several months (beta versions) and within a few days had totally fallen in love with the spell checker. That and "session restore" (restores all your open tabs after a crash).

Ha! Yeah, I've noticed some of those spelling mistakes. We love you anyway, Chris. ;)

by forecaster15 2006-10-27 02:08PM | 0 recs
Re: Action Thread

If you want to get in on the action in suburban Philly, help call for PA Action.  We need 375 people to each give two hours of their time making calls using  a program very similar to the Move On program.  We're focusing on getting likely progressive women to the polls.  Twenty million women stayed home in 2004, which makes them the largest group of non-voters in America.

Details are here.
Please help today and every day until November 8.

by eRobin 2006-10-27 02:06PM | 0 recs
Re: Action Thread

Gave Ciro Rodriquez $50 last night via Act Blue. Felt good.

I usually do some things with my local (union), but they're oddly doing most of their blockwalking/phonebanking stuff on a Saturday. I work on Saturday!

Why--WHY--can't they ever coordinate these things on a good day for me?

I'll just have to head over to Ciro's office on my own. Think I'll take the rugrat, too. Do him good to learn how these things work.

by Aquaria 2006-10-27 03:34PM | 0 recs
couple points and a question

I just gave a little more at Actblue. I also just made some call for change calls. Obviously money is always key, but I want to encourage those of you who are tapped out or who want to contribute in an equally important if not more important way in the next week and a half to get on the phone or the streets. I've been campaigning for McNerney on weekends, but calling for change is something you can do anytime you have a few minutes free in front of your computer and help the really competitive races if you don't happen to live in or near one. It is shockingly easy, and from what the polisci people claim, useful.

As to the question: What happened to the blue district strategy? Are the incumbents in those districts too entrenched? It seemed like a good idea to especially target seats that might become safe in the next term.

by jujube 2006-10-27 07:25PM | 0 recs