Senate Forecast Update: Thirteen Days Left
by Chris Bowers, Wed Oct 25, 2006 at 07:07:34 PM EDT
Welcome to our new sponsor, and my former employer / political trainer, the AFL-CIO! They will be appearing on both the Senate and House forecast pages. I will have a new House forecast tomorrow. Please, take part in their fabulous Had Enough? program. Labor is our GOTV--Chris
The new Senate Forecast is up. The forecast has shifted from a 4-6 seat Democratic pickup to a 3-5 seat Democratic pickup. My specific forecast has shifted from a five seat pickup to a four seat pickup. Here are the major changes:
- Minnesota upgraded from "Likely Democratic" to off the board entirely
- Washington upgraded from "Likely Democratic" to off the board entirely
- Pennsylvania upgraded from "Lean Democratic" to "Likely Democratic"
- Maryland downgraded from "Likely Democratic" to "Lean Democratic"
- New Jersey downgraded from "Lean Democratic" to "Toss-up"
- Virginia upgraded from "Lean Republican" to "Toss-up"
- Tennessee downgraded from "Toss-up" to "Lean Republican"