Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

OK--this is finally ready. After my internet went out this morning and I had to relocate to a nearby café, after my mouse went out and I had to fix it, after I crashed last night and finally took a good night's sleep instead of continuing to work, after being called unscrupulous for doing this--whatever. Maybe I don't have the endurance I need to run campaigns like this. Maybe I don't have the manners to be a good online citizen--it doesn't matter. If Democrats win this election, and search engine optimization plays any role, I will feel good about doing this. And no one called right-wing bloggers "unscrupulous" when they did this to John Kerry in 2004. They opened the pandora's box on this one, and they can ram their criticisms for me taking it up a notch upward and to the left.

In a separate diary, I have added the plain text format of the Google Bomb. All you need to do on your blog is to copy and past what you see there. You don't have to do it everyday. You don't even have to do it more than once (but feel free). All you need to do is copy and paste the code from the diary on your blog. When you discuss any of these races in the future, please, use the same embedded hyperlink when reprinting the Republican's name. Then, I suppose, we will see what happens. I'll try and take care of the ads today and tomorrow.

I did my best to come up with this list. You guys were an unbelievable help. I am sorry if I left out one of your favorite candidate, but to tell you the truth this shouldn't be my job anyway. Every campaign should be engaged in search engine optimization on their own. They can find out more on how to do just that by checking out the New Politics Institute, and their excellent "new tools" campaign. They even have an article on using search engines. If this got some press to teach campaigns that they need to focus on this in 2008, then all the better.

I probably should have done this four weeks ago when I first suggested the idea. I hope it still works. With a lot of effort over the next five days, we should be able to have these results in the top five or six for these candidates within the next week. Even it doesn't work, I can't imagine it will hurt. At the very least, it is a nice list of articles to use in each of the campaigns. Talk about a great oppo dump! The list is in the extended entry:
--AZ-Sen: Jon Kyl
--RI-Sen: Lincoln Chafee
--TN-Sen: Bob Corker
--VA-Sen: George Allen
--VA-10: Frank Wolf
--WA-Sen: Mike McGavick
--WA-08: Dave Reichert

Tags: 2006 elections, Activism, Blogosphere, googlebomb, netroots (all tags)

Comments

MyDD/dKos signatures

I think people should put these links in their dKos/MyDD signatures, so there's a copy of them every time you make a comment.  I'll work on formatting the html to be just a big ugly list to put into your signature and reply to this comment with the code once that's done.

by Fran for Dean 2006-10-24 08:29AM | 0 recs
maybe not

I forgot that signatures are limited to 160 characters total (including HTML code).  I thought it was just the actual text displayed.  In that case you're only going to be able to fit one, maybe 2 links in your signature.

by Fran for Dean 2006-10-24 08:40AM | 0 recs
Re: maybe not

Maybe everyone could pick one or two from their home state?

by adamterando 2006-10-24 09:03AM | 0 recs
Re: maybe not

yep.  Alternatively (and what I'll probably be doing), is posting the big list of links, but more compressed (seen here) as a comment in a lot of diaries (as they're about to die off so I don't piss off too many people) and just making my signature a brief explanation linking back here.

by Fran for Dean 2006-10-24 09:06AM | 0 recs
Re: maybe not

I was able to get Padgett and Pryce links into my dKos sig, and have put a diary on the Google Bomb up on the OneAmerica Blog.

by BruceMcF 2006-10-24 09:35AM | 0 recs
Re: maybe not

Oops, make that just Pryce, so I put Kilroy for Congress in plaintext.

It would be handy to have a tinyurl link to the list itself, to add a link to the list to a comment after a "Vote Out: ...." section.

by BruceMcF 2006-10-24 10:16AM | 0 recs
Re: maybe not

I thought Google didn't work on Kos diaries?

by KathyF 2006-10-25 04:09AM | 0 recs
Re: maybe not

I don't know ... either regarding diaries vs FP nor regarding main entry versus comments. If, eg, it only works for comments to FP entries, and I only have a comment to a handful of FP entries, I'd rather have it there than not.

Since I also diaried it on the OneAmericaCommittee blog to try to spread the word, I'm not going to worry about it.

by BruceMcF 2006-10-25 07:01AM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

Great idea!  There are a lot of us that don't blog but have websites. How about putting up "blind pages" with the Google bomb? Do links have to be visible or will remmed out links work?

Rick

by Rick15601 2006-10-24 08:48AM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

i'm not positive, but i'd be willing to bet that the links have to be visible.  i don't know much about seo, but i'm fairly sure that google is smart enough to ignore (or not weight heavily, anyway) commented-out links.

by Shai Sachs 2006-10-24 09:14AM | 0 recs

Rick

I would not do invisible links in any situation..

by foleyscandal 2006-10-24 04:56PM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

I have some addtions to the list...

NC-05 Virgnia Foxx

And three links to choose from! The best being last.

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satell ite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_Basic Article&c=MGArticle&cid=11491912 87817&path=!localnews!localgov!& s

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satell ite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_Basic Article&c=MGArticle&cid=11491912 87817&path!localnews&s=10376455 09099

and the endorsement article...
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satell ite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_Colum nistArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149 191159615&path=%2Fopinion

by stormbear 2006-10-24 08:50AM | 0 recs

Sites covered so far:

ProgressiveHistorians
My Left Wing
Booman Tribune
AZ Netroots

Tonight, I'll take a break from applying to grad school and try to hit up all the rest of the SoapBlox sites.

Damn, it feels good to be able to make a concrete difference in this election from my computer.

by Nonpartisan 2006-10-24 08:58AM | 0 recs
SoapBlox/Chicago covered

Did an article, plus we put it in the left column. Don't know if the left column counts as much or more in Google's eyes but it will be there for commentors to copy and paste from.

by Jeff Wegerson 2006-10-24 09:10AM | 0 recs
FYI Booman is Scoop. n/t

by Jeff Wegerson 2006-10-24 09:11AM | 0 recs
I know

I was just posting links to all the sites that I could think of.

by Nonpartisan 2006-10-24 02:15PM | 0 recs
Ooops!

My Left Wing is double-covered, I guess.  I'm in a hurry, it's a crunch-time morning workwise for me.  Didn't see a front-page diary, so I just went ahead and posted.  Didn't mean to step on your toes.

Also on my own blog, Patterns That Connect.

by Paul Rosenberg 2006-10-24 09:12AM | 0 recs
Re: Ooops!

Don't worry about it -- it's better as an FP diary than as an open thread comment, anyway.  I just wanted to get it up there quick and dirty.

by Nonpartisan 2006-10-24 02:17PM | 0 recs
All right

After four hours of non-stop GoogleBombing, I have successfully hit all of the SoapBlox sites -- some 30 in all.

by Nonpartisan 2006-10-24 06:22PM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

added to http://www.luttonsquare.com and http://luttonsquare.blogspot.com

by lutton 2006-10-24 08:58AM | 0 recs

ok I gave it a shot:

some problems I encountered:
1. I don't really cover national-level races, I focus on local politics in a very blue region.  So it was a bit of a reach to incorporate Charlie Bass into my blog, but I managed without (hopefully) making it appear too contrived.

2. Not to complain, but the link for Bass is old - a month old.  So it was a bit difficult to write a post that didn't seem like it was really reaching.

Now I have another wrinkle to add to this campaign:

What about opening up a ton of MySpace accounts, one for each representative, that point to these damning stories?  For example, I noticed that http://www.myspace.com/charliebassnh02 isn't taken, and http://www.myspace.com/charliebass is just some kid with an unfortunate name.

by Shai Sachs 2006-10-24 09:11AM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

Also posted on planting liberally.  I also posted some thoughts about using MySpace and Delicious to support this campaign.

by Shai Sachs 2006-10-24 09:21AM | 0 recs
How do you delegate sleep?

Does it really work?

by Jeff Wegerson 2006-10-24 09:12AM | 0 recs
Done

A rare post to my mostly inactive blog.

by scientician 2006-10-24 09:13AM | 0 recs

they are up on my blog.

Another way that i believe we are making gains on the search engines (at least in NY) is all of our locally targeted blogs. I have mostly been focusing on the Gillibrand Sweeney race.   These days i'm getting around 100 people a day to my site from search engines looking for information on this race (you can see this in the log files...searches for things like "sweeney gillibrand" or "sweeney gillibrand polls").   If my small blog can reach 1000 or so extra people looking for information, that is worth something.   Yesterday i picked up 60 people looking for John Hall on the Colbert report (i'd done a very short post and link).   I'm not aware of any blogs on the conservative side currently focusing on our democratic congressional candidates in NY.   For this election, we are way ahead of them on the search engines.

by democracyinalbany 2006-10-24 09:15AM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

Added to my personal blog.  I'll embed a link in my sigs on DK and Texaskaos to it and that should give a little extra oompf.

by boadicea 2006-10-24 09:19AM | 0 recs
by jethropalerobber 2006-10-24 09:26AM | 0 recs
by jethropalerobber 2006-10-24 09:27AM | 0 recs
NOTE: it fits in a flickr profile...

http://www.flickr.com/people/81893441@N0 0/

by jethropalerobber 2006-10-24 09:31AM | 0 recs
Point KY-03 to Northup Exposure website...

Anne Northup KY-03

This is the Yarmuth campaign's website to dispell Anne Northup's lies.

by bluedan 2006-10-24 09:40AM | 0 recs

Done on my properties

by grokgov 2006-10-24 09:55AM | 0 recs
Wikipedia

I can't justify adding the links to MyDD's Wiki Entry but I added sections to the page about this and Use it or Lose it.

Hopefully the right wing editors won't cull it on ridiculous premises...use it or lose it has articles in the LA Times and NY Times and Googlebomb was mentioned in Hotline's blog so that helps defend it's wiki worthiness.

by scientician 2006-10-24 10:03AM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

Naah, who in the world would be willing to help him with something like this...oh, yeah, all of us.

: )

by Robert P 2006-10-24 10:09AM | 0 recs
Re: Tracking the bomb
Is anybody tracking the Google bomb? I know that Jeff is tracking the Roskam (IL-6) at SoapBlox/Chicago, but is there any sort of effort to do them all. It would just be great to know if this is working.
by ltsply2 2006-10-24 10:38AM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

Maybe we could each adopt a link and keep an eye on it for the next few days (I'm not sure of the timeframe for movement on Google).

by Baley 2006-10-24 11:16AM | 0 recs
Peter Roskam Link

Just clicked on Peter Roskam link and it appears that MSNBC no longer has that page (page not found).

by Baley 2006-10-24 11:21AM | 0 recs
What happened to Hall/Kelly in NY-19?

I remember there being an entry for Sue Kelly in the NY-19.

What happened?

-- MrMacMan

by MrMacMan 2006-10-24 11:30AM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

Added to The Daily Pulse, Hypnocrites, and Left 'Toon Lane.

by dhonig 2006-10-24 11:36AM | 0 recs
He ain't Vernon, he's Vern.

I live in an area that gets a lot of ads for this race.  Don't bomb "Vernon Buchanan".  He's running as "Vern Buchanan".

by sylvar 2006-10-24 12:12PM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

Just out of curiousity, why not just make a central list and use RSS syndication to bomb the heck out of these guys with a comprehensive central list.  I don't know, but maybe Google excludes RSS.

by pjv 2006-10-24 12:14PM | 0 recs
Try Google Balm for the good guys!

Meanwhile, hand out some Google Balm to the good guys -- since Chris can't do it himself, being PACed and all.

by Phoenix Woman 2006-10-24 12:23PM | 0 recs
Re: Myspace?

agreed.  see my comments above.  it would definitely help, but i'm not sure if the bang for the buck works out right.

by Shai Sachs 2006-10-24 12:40PM | 0 recs
Re: Myspace?

I have learned that content on MySpace blogs comes up on Google searches.  So I posted this to both my real blog and my MySpace one.

by Sandwich Repairman 2006-10-24 01:13PM | 0 recs
Re: Myspace?

that's true; in general Google loves scouring blogs of all types.  it's actually, i think, just a byproduct of their page-ranking algorithm, which depends heavily on the number of links into a site as a way of assessing the value of that site.  blogs play into that algorithm perfectly.

my point about gobbling up MySpace pages is founded on the thought - i think - that a page called www.myspace.com/charliebassnh02 which points to a negative story about charlie bass is weighted more heavily than a page called mylocalprogressiveblog.org which links to that same story.  it's like buying up a domain name, but cheaper.

by Shai Sachs 2006-10-25 07:42AM | 0 recs
Re: Myspace?

Interesting.  I say go for it and see if it works...

by Sandwich Repairman 2006-10-25 08:45AM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

I have an old blog that I don't post to anymore.  Kind of sits out there dead in cyberspace.  I'll log in and post all the links.

Should help a bit.

by JJCPA 2006-10-24 12:42PM | 0 recs

Added here:

And included links for other blogs to do so as well...

by tchambers 2006-10-24 12:59PM | 0 recs
Ok Chris, I'm in.

My own humble blog is happy to post this info.

---------egregious   (mothership=firedoglake)

by egregious 2006-10-24 01:31PM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

I just spoke to our SEO expert at the office.  He says that it is very likely that a large list like this, over many websites, will get the sites flagged as having duplicate content.  He suggest focusing on several important ones, as well as getting everyone to Digg, Fark and Reddit the MyDD article (and link to it of course).

He also didn't think that including the term GoogleBomb would matter, and that it would probably take a lot more time than we have to just go the GoogleBomb route.  He believes our best chance of getting a response quickly is through Diggs, etc.

I have this up on my blog site now, but I think I'm going to edit it to only include the really close races for the time being.  Maybe I'll post an article each day with different links in each article.

by Jeff Fire 2006-10-24 01:49PM | 0 recs

--RI-Sen: Lincoln Chafee

--TN-Sen: Bob Corker

--VA-Sen: George Allen

--VA-10: Frank Wolf

--WA-Sen: Mike McGavick

--WA-08: Dave Reichert

Tags: activism, netroots, blogosphere, 2006 elections (all tags)
Display:
Permalink :: 20 Comments :: Post a Comment

Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Source Code (none / 0)

If I recall correctly, the main Google index is updated monthly, so we probably won't see any new results for half the candidates in the next two weeks.  Can anyone confirm this?

However, news.google.com, when sorted by "relevence" (the default) should swing to the desired articles pretty quickly.

----
it's an occupation, not a war
by aip on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 12:36:49 PM EST

Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Source Code (none / 0)

Entries  into my blog show up within 48 hours.

Here is MY ENTRY.

-- NC-05 Is Now In PLAY! - Vote Sharpe For Congress
    by stormbear on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 01:12:38 PM EST
    [ Parent ]

Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Source Code (none / 0)

That doesn't seem right, cause then it would take a month for news stories to show up at the top.  stories about the pages show up if you google foley...

George Allen needs to go
    by Lucas O'Connor on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 01:21:04 PM EST
    [ Parent ]

Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Source Code (none / 0)

No, that's not correct anymore.

Google's bot searches indexed sites continuously, there is still a monthly update/cleanup, but that's much more likely to affect new sites or sites using illicit means to subvert google (whereupon they remove you from the index).

I can't find any info on how quickly a site gets researched, but it seems like from the FAQ on google that some webmasters actually complain google checks their site too frequently.

by scientician on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 01:25:11 PM EST
    [ Parent ]

Remember: DON'T call it "Google bomb" (3.00 / 1)

When posting the code, simply preface it with a statement explaining something like "Here's a bunch of informative articles on important Republicans running for Congress."  Don't use the words "Google bomb" -- CNN's spent much time yesterday trying to tell their viewers that Google Bombs Are Bad Bad Bad.  If they see the words "Google bomb" on your website, it's likely to turn them off.

by Phoenix Woman on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 12:48:17 PM EST

nah it don't matter (none / 0)

The idea isn't that people are drawn to your website, the idea is that, by pasting this into your blog, Google tells people who search for those officials to go directly to the articles we are linking to.

Nobody will ever see "Google bomb" in your site because they won't be going to your site.

by a517dogg on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 01:19:30 PM EST
    [ Parent ]

shorter version: (none / 0)

Jon Kyl Rick Renzi J.D. Hayworth John Doolittle Richard Pombo Brian Bilbray Marilyn Musgrave Doug Lamborn Rick O'Donnell Christopher Shays Vernon Buchanan Joe Negron Clay Shaw Bill Sali Peter Roskam Mark Kirk Dennis Hastert Chris Chocola John Hostettler Mike Whalen Jim Ryun Anne Northup Geoff Davis Michael Steele Gil Gutknecht Michele Bachmann Jim Talent Conrad Burns Jon Porter Charlie Bass Mike Ferguson Heather Wilson Peter King John Sweeney Tom Reynolds Randy Kuhl Robin Hayes Charles Taylor Steve Chabot Jean Schmidt Deborah Pryce Joy Padgett Melissa Hart Curt Weldon Mike Fitzpatrick Don Sherwood Lincoln Chafee Bob Corker George Allen Frank Wolf Mike McGavick Dave Reichert<

If my comment is a bunch of random links and you don't know why, go here
by Fran for Dean on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 12:55:13 PM EST

woops (none / 0)

I missed a final "a>" at the end (without the quotes).  The last line should be:

...local/287797_reichertsideweb06. html">Dave Reichert

If my comment is a bunch of random links and you don't know why, go here
    by Fran for Dean on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 12:56:23 PM EST
    [ Parent ]

Re: shorter version: (none / 0)

THANK YOU!  Posting to my blog now...

by Sandwich Repairman on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 02:37:16 PM EST
    [ Parent ]

Re: shorter version: (none / 0)

If you wrap it in a <span style="font-size:20%">...</span> ; then people don't actually have to read through it and you can hide it in all sorts of strange places.

by wrog on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 03:27:17 PM EST
    [ Parent ]

in MediaWiki format... (none / 0)

Jon Kyl

Bob Corker

George Allen

Frank Wolf

Mike McGavick

Dave Reichert

by jethropalerobber on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 01:24:27 PM EST

Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Source Code (none / 0)

Thanks Chris!

Give Melissa Hart the boot!
by musicsleuth on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 01:52:04 PM EST

Peter King (none / 0)

You chose a great article on Peter King. Newsday is a very respected paper out in Long Island.

by Our Gal in Brooklyn on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 01:53:24 PM EST

What happened to NY-19 and John Hall? (none / 0)

I remember there being two articles for the NY-19 candidate John Hall.

I don't see either source code listed or the race.

Whats up?

-- MrMacMan

by MrMacMan on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 03:28:48 PM EST

Re: What happened to NY-19 and John Hall? (none / 0)

He cut races which he felt didn't have strong enough articles to include in the project.

George Allen needs to go
    by Lucas O'Connor on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 03:32:10 PM EST
    [ Parent ]

Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Source Code (none / 0)

Done
http://burbankdemocraticclub.blogspot.co m

by David in Burbank on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 04:43:55 PM EST

Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Source Code (none / 0)

I don't have a primarily political
SITE
 but I put it up anyway.

Here are enough "justifying" words CNN should read:
 From "Self Reliance" by Ralf Waldo Emerson:
 A passage from "Self Reliance":

"...Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist. Ho who would gather the immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore if it be goodness.
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the whole world.... No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my CONSTITUTION  ; the only wrong what is against it..."

by Rabbit on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 04:54:01 PM EST

Re: Roskam (none / 0)

The Peter Roskam (IL-6) link (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14988252/) is no longer working. It went down sometime between 2:12 CST and 2:34 CST.
SoapBlox/Chicago - Be Heard!
by ltsply2 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 05:04:12 PM EST

Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Source Code (none / 0)

Wikipedia ... if this gets any kind of traction then I'd expect the battle to move to wikipedia as supporters of candidates delete or alter text at links like wikipedia.org/MyCandidate#Controversies.

If people are still working on the database of linkable stories, it's worth looking for alternatives to wikipedia.

by globecanvas on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 05:23:35 PM EST

Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Source Code (none / 0)

Right Wing News is counter-Googlebombing.  Here's links to fight theirs:

(PA-07): Joe Sestak
(PA-10): Chris Carney
(VA-02): Phil Kellam
(WI-08): Steve Kagen

by CaroCogitatus on Tue Oct 24, 2006 at 05:35:08 PM EST

You are not logged in.

In order to post a comment, you must be logged in. If you have a member account, please log in to comment.

If not, you can make an account right here. It's quick and free.

· MD-SEN: Steele Campaign Finds Fox Ads "In Extremely Poor Taste" (Crablaw)

· NJ Supreme Court Marriage Equality Ruling @3pm Tomorrow (Blue Jersey)

· Lieberman and "Stay the Course" (Karl Frisch)

· CA-11: DCCC Supporting Jerry McNerney (Not Joe Klein)

· RI GOV: Fogarty Trails by 8 (Rasmussen) (Sandwich Repairman)

· RI SEN: Whitehouse Leads by 8 (Sandwich Repairman)

· Google's Election Mashup (TDGoddard)

· GOP Congressman to CNN: Get Out of Iraq! (Karl Frisch)

· Nine New Senate Polls (TDGoddard)

· CT-4: Farrell Catches Shays (TDGoddard)

· Over 1M views of Michael J. Fox (Jerome Armstrong)

· ME GOV: Baldacci Leads by 8 (SUSA) (Sandwich Repairman)

> About Breaking Blue & Tips
> More Breaking Blue
MyDD Projects

Use It Or Lose It
    * House Forecast 2006
    * Senate Forecast 2006
    * Gov. Forecast 2006
    * Candidate Memo 2006
    * MyDD Adwatch 2006
    * FDL Adwatch 2006
    * Adwatch Instructions
    * CA-50 Busby Polling - Iraq Specific Questions
    * CA-50 Busby Polling - Why did Busby lose?
    * Netroots Survey I
    * Netroots Survey II
    * Net Neutrality
    * Combined Netroots Act Blue Page

Username:

Password:

* Make a new account
    * Forgot your username or password?

* Volunteer in PA! Volunteer in
      Pennsylvania
      for
      4 Days 4 Equality
      Read more...
    * Politics Today Fineman: Bush's Last Campaign
      *2008 Presidential Contenders
      *Abramoff to do time in Maryland
      *Bush, generals talk Iraq strategy
      *Obama: '08 run a 'possibility'
      Read more...
    * Pacifism or Activism What is the price to be paid for free speech? The Dixie Chicks were criticized by the American media and the American public for voicing their opinions. Now they want to hear what your views are on freedom of expression.
      Please join the largest free speech discussion forum ON THE INTERNET

Read more...
    * New York Times Home Delivery Act Now for 50% off New York Times Home Delivery. Stay informed with convenient home delivery of the New York Times. Read acclaimed articles and features daily for as low as $2.50 per week.
      Read more...

Advertise here

Who Sold Out? Did your member of Congress vote to protect America's future, or sell out to the special interests? Find out by using our Congressional Scorecard. With only a few weeks until the election, support our efforts by making a secure PayPal donation. Visit our website to learn more!
      Read more...
    * Help Russ Pick a Progressive Patriot Russ Feingold wants you to help him pick which candidates for Secretary of State we should support this year. We're giving $15,000 to the candidates you vote for so visit our website and vote now.

Authorized and Paid for by the Progressive Patriots Fund, Daniel D Hannula Superior WI Treasurer.
      Read more...
    * Introducing The Blue Fund
      Read more...

Advertise here

Site Meter

Home | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | About MyDD

by nm1921 2006-10-24 01:54PM | 0 recs

I'm up!

by jazzy 2006-10-24 01:58PM | 0 recs
Todd Staples in Texas
There is a bomb for the Republican candidate for Ag commissioner. Todd Staples The Democrat is Hank Gilbert
by KTinTX 2006-10-24 02:08PM | 0 recs
I created a myspace blog

Just to participate in this. The link is:

But it is pretty boring, since the only entry is Chris's list of articles.

The UI at myspace really sucks compared to mydd.com or dailykos.com.

by Mark Wallace 2006-10-24 02:30PM | 0 recs
Bombs away

Buckeye State Blog - Bombs away

by Pounder 2006-10-24 02:59PM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

Can I put the code on a page on my website that's just an orphan? One with no links to it? I webmaster a non-political site and I'd like to help if I can do it discretely.

by joyousmn 2006-10-24 03:46PM | 0 recs
More text for Google

I added this to my homepage, and I went to each article, took a choice nugget from it, and listed it next to the link.  This way, the search engines get some more relevant text to chew on, and any readers who might actually want to learn about these Republicans, get a preview of the action.  Check it out and copy it yourself, if you'd like: http://www.justicefornone.com/

BTW - I made a couple of changes to the list you compiled, Chris:

The link for Peter Roskum is broken, so I used Wikipedia's info on him.  And Mark Kirk's link, the link goes to a video page with no text on it, so I found some good stuff on Mark Kirk on Wikipedia, and changed the link in my list to that.

by JFN1 2006-10-24 04:02PM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

favorable (to us) results from a George Allen query on Google that I did a couple of days ago are disappearing, replaced by conservative stuff. looks like someone might be pushing back.

by Matt in VA 2006-10-24 04:40PM | 0 recs
by foleyscandal 2006-10-24 05:11PM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

I've posted the list on my (relatively new) blog:

http://quarkhenge.blogspot.com/2006/10/g oogle-bomb-elections.html

I tweaked the HTML a bit; rather than using a "--" prefix and a <BR> tag on each line, I set up the whole thing as an HTML unordered list, like this (I've replaced less-than and greater-than characters with '[' and ']') for this comment):

[ul]
[li]AZ-Sen: a href="Jon Kyl[/a]
...
[li]WA-08: a href="Dave Reichert[/a]
[/ul]

by Keith Thompson 2006-10-24 05:53PM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

Ok, the formatting still got messed up, I'm not sure why.

Anyway, if you're interested, go to my blog and take a look at the HTML source.  I think it looks a bit better with the unordered-list tags rather than the manual formatting.

by Keith Thompson 2006-10-24 05:56PM | 0 recs
LINKS ON FOSSELLA ARTICLES, NY-13

Fossella's C+ rating from Iraq/Afghan Vets Association (and he's a 'security' candidate!):
http://www.silive.com/news/advance/index .ssf?/base/news/1161693135207030.xml& ;coll=1

Fossella the Corrupt:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics /story/429795p-362284c.html

by from the puggle 2006-10-25 01:00AM | 0 recs
TX-22

Please add Tom DeLay/Shelley Sekula-Gibbs to the Google Bomb list!!  I'm quite surprised that one's not on there!

by Sean Robertson 2006-10-25 10:39AM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

ok, I'm linked.  Let's see if we can get enough links to make it work.

by Denvercrat 2006-10-27 08:09AM | 0 recs

by Denvercrat 2006-10-27 08:16AM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This

Ok, I've created a blog just so I could do this.  If you haven't done this yet, Blooger is free and easy.

by Denvercrat 2006-10-27 08:19AM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This
This site presents you many free beautiful agony videos. Look it. beautiful agony free video
by mcclainmartin 2007-04-06 08:56AM | 0 recs
by liaozhi123 2007-09-02 08:23PM | 0 recs
Re: Google Bomb The Elections: Let's Do This
卫星电视上海卫星电 视卫星电视安 装安装卫星电 视圣诞树网站建设google优化Google左侧优化google排名Google左侧排名GOOGE左侧优化 5490;名 上海google优化google优化排名上海google左侧&# 25490;名上海google排名上海google左侧&# 20248;化google优化Google左侧优化短信群发短信群发器 短信群发群发短信短信群发器 小灵通群发 器小灵通短信 群发器短信群发软 件手机短信群 发软件短信群发设 备手机短信群 发设备手机短信群 发器网站建设网站设计网站制作美女图片美女写真性感美女制服美腿西洋美女走光偷拍网友自拍两性包装印刷上海包装印 刷免费电影免费下载电 影免费在线电 影上海印刷上海包装弯管弯管上海hp笔记ੑ 2;维修上海惠普笔 记本维修上海IBM笔记Ĉ 12;维修上海DELL笔记 412;维修上海联想笔 记本维修上海东芝笔 记本维修上海acer笔记 412;维修上海华硕笔 记本维修上海索尼笔 记本维修上海sony笔记 412;维修上海hp笔记ੑ 2;维修上海IBM笔记Ĉ 12;维修弯管 弯管加工 路灯节能路灯监控 合同能源管 理google优化google左侧优化google排名google左侧排名卫星电视卫星电视安 装上海卫星电 视安装卫星电 视安装卫星电 视卫星电视卫星电视安 装上海卫星电 视 短信群发短信群发企业短信群 发短信平台路灯监控路灯节能合同能源管 理
by feigeone 2007-12-01 07:46PM | 0 recs