Wampum Awards Finals

Well, at least we made the finals in something. Wampum is starting to put up their finalists for the various categories, and MyDD made the finals for best group blog. We are getting crushed pretty badly in the voting, however. Maybe with your help it can change, but even if it does the entire event makes me wonder if we are a popular favorite, but not the choice of the critics. (Still, mad props for Philly, the center of the lefty blogging universe. Three blogs from the Philly area made the finals for best blog, even though neither MyDD nor Whiskey Bar made it).

Oh well. Go check it out and vote. It is a great event, and Wampum deserves a ton of traffic for hosting it.

Update, Jerome: That's better, we're catching up, and hey, we should all want to win this as a group, right? So go vote MyDD in the Best Group comments.

Update II: Bumpin' it up. People, group, winners. ~30 of you are needed to (go hither and vote) for the best group blog.

And the blogosphere went over $100K today for the DNC, with over 2250 contributing.

Final Update: (Chris): This is our final ask. The voting closes tomorrow, and quite frankly I don't know if we are winning or not. If you have not alredy done do, please go to this thread and vote for MyDD. As a group blog, this award would be for all of us.

Tags: Blogosphere (all tags)

Comments

Got my vote
You got my vote even if I get burnt out defending DLCers on this blog (i'm taking a break from posting at kos for that reason)
by kydem 2005-02-11 10:17AM | 0 recs
Re: Got my vote
My vote, too.

KyDem- I think, for what it is worth, the comments you get are because you do not give a reason why you are for the DLC, other than networking and fundraising.  When people who have seen the dark side of the DLC, and the vitriol that has been spewed by From, etc, as well as their legacy of one winning Presidential campaign, while losing nationally everywhere else, saying you are a proud member for networking possibilities seems downright odd.  Networking makes you "proud?"

Most people in the liberal blogosphere understand the need for a big tent party.  Hell, look at the blogger support for Rosenbrg, a definite centrist.  But, there is a hell of a difference in a grenade-throwing DLC moderate like Lieberman vs. a unifier like Harry Reid.

The DLC has been awful, both in strategy and style. Defend your positions with the values that make you a "proud member," not a company line about centrism, and people will lay off you.

by DanielUA 2005-02-11 10:36AM | 0 recs
Re: Got my vote
I went ahead and changed my signature--about goshdarn time...now if only i could make quarters come out of the broken change machine
by kydem 2005-02-11 10:44AM | 0 recs
Re: Got my vote
Great signature KentucKy Dem. Don't get frustrated, keep fighting. I appreciate your input, even when I disagree with your position.
by Gary Boatwright 2005-02-12 05:56AM | 0 recs
Re: Got my vote
I still object to his link whoring, but it isn't my site, so I guess it is ok until Jerome or Chris tells him to knock it off.  Just think it is wrong to advertise on something you aren't paying for. Just my humble opinion.
by yitbos96bb 2005-02-12 09:48AM | 0 recs
Re: Got my vote
what's wrong with having my blog and the AFB site in my signature?  In any comments section on blogs using haloscan or even BOP News and BOR, people can leave their email and their webpage.  I see no wrong in that.
by kydem 2005-02-13 09:48AM | 0 recs
Re: Got my vote
Thanks...

I'm a fan of the big tent.  You should see the latest Dean joke I wrote.  It's a play on the title of a story in the Washington Post about him trying on the chairmanship.

by kydem 2005-02-13 09:50AM | 0 recs
Koufax Awards
Chris and Jerome got my vote--just think of it as a completed pass to T.O. that the Pat's secondary couldn't break up.
by MD in MA 2005-02-11 10:40AM | 0 recs
Now if only...
Blogging was a sport, then I'd be sure that all the Philly blogs wouldn't win.

Ugh. Why must we be tortured by the sports gods every single year?

Here's to hoping that the blogger gods are more kind.

Go Philly!

by Alex Urevick 2005-02-11 12:31PM | 0 recs
voted
voted for MyDD for best group blog. woot
by proudtobeliberal 2005-02-11 01:04PM | 0 recs
How to vote?
I'm confused. Where do I go to vote for the best group blog and best overall blog? Either I'm missing something obvious, or it's not very clear on Wampum's site.
by Scott Teresi 2005-02-11 03:22PM | 0 recs
Koufax

I think it's the other way around - the discerning  "critics" provide enough of a boost to get you into the final round, but without the support of the fickle "people," you may not have enough oomph to win the whole shebang.

Ah, who cares? We all know the Blogfather is where it's at.

by DavidNYC 2005-02-12 12:11AM | 0 recs
Best Groupie Blog
Whiskey Bar disappeared throughout much of the early voting. Unlike Hollywood, with its finite number of actors, directors and such, there's already millions of blogs.

It's pretty silly to assign one as the 'best' amid those numbers. You can generally pick the winner based on traffic.

Best group on the other hand, has a much smaller base competing. Heck, we've got 35 regulars and others in relief and I bet that many didn't even vote for us there (probably because we hate America AND ourselves). So consider it a feat that you made the finals.

Doncha listen to the Oscars? ("It's an honor just to be nominated," they say, through gritted teeth.)   ;^)~

by Kevin Hayden 2005-02-12 02:00AM | 0 recs
Unable to vote for "Best overall blog"
Thanks for the update on how to vote. However, I'm unable to vote for this blog in the "Best overall blog" category. When I load the page, there's no form at the bottom for filling in to add your comments. This is the page:

Anyone else having this problem?

I've tried Safari and Firefox on Mac OS X and IE 6 on Windows XP.

by Scott Teresi 2005-02-12 08:19AM | 0 recs
MyDD winning... I think
I took a totally unscientific tally of the votes so far, and came up with:

• MyDD: 188
  • Bad Attitudes: 28
  • Blondesense: 63
  • Corrente: 36
  • Crooked Timber: 104
  • First Draft: 53
  • Left Coaster: 51
  • Obsidian Wings: 40
  • Pandagon: 35
  • Panda's Thumb: 149
  • Running Scared: 31

Now, the methodology here was to grep for each name in the html file and count the number of times it comes up. So if a comment mentions more than one blog, both will appear to get a vote by my counting. Hence the "totally unscientific". Still, it gives you an idea where they stand. If nothing else, a lot of the comments mentioned MyDD. :-)
by rusty 2005-02-17 10:01AM | 0 recs
Re: MyDD winning... I think
Thank you.

If that is accurrate, it looks like we are going to win!

by Chris Bowers 2005-02-17 10:19AM | 0 recs
MyDD - Pandas Thumb
From the looks of this comment, among others, there are a least a few MyDD posters who should also spend some time at second-place Panda's Thumb.
by Curt Matlock 2005-02-17 10:49AM | 0 recs