The Number Isn't 2,000
by Chris Bowers, Tue Oct 25, 2005 at 09:39:46 AM EDT
- Iraq Body Count currently records the number of Iraqi civilian fatalities as at least 26,690, and as many as 30,051.
- As of this writing, at least 3,450 Iraqi security forces have been killed since the start of the insurgency.
- In addition to Iraqi and American fatalities, coalition forces in Iraq have suffered at least 199 fatalities, including 97 from Britain.
- Further, as of this writing, at least 272 contractors have been killed in Iraq.
- Finally, lest we forget, at least 58 journalists have also been killed in Iraq.
So yeah, by the lowest count possible, the number of deaths in Iraq reached 2,000 today. That, however, should not be the only number we are counting.
All the names must be collected. All of the dead must be remembered.